Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act Empty Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act

Post by Rocky Sat 16 Dec 2023, 4:24 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act[/size]

[size=45]Al-Sudani to Rudaw: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    2023-12-15
    Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani and the presenter of the “Beston Talk” program, Beston Othman
    The Iraqi Prime Minister described the attacks on the US Embassy and Erbil International Airport as a “terrorist act,” expressing his government’s readiness to amend the budget law, in order to settle the issue of employee salaries in the Kurdistan Region.

[size=45]The “Beston Talk” program, presented by the journalist Beston Othman, hosted in a dialogue session the Iraqi Prime Minister, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, and the program was attended by dozens of young men and women from the Kurdistan Region and the rest of the Iraqi provinces.[/size]
    [size=45]In the program, many questions were asked, related to several files, related to the political, economic, security and social situations, and Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani answered them.[/size]
    [size=45]At the beginning of the program, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani offered condolences to “our people in the Kurdistan Region following the incident that occurred in one of the student dormitories in the Soran area of ​​Erbil, mercy for the victims and a speedy recovery for the wounded,” describing the gathering of youth in the “Beston Talk” program as “a very important step.” I am personally satisfied with it. The presence of our people, young men and women from all over Iraq, in a meeting is very important. Most importantly, they should be in front of the Prime Minister, not only to exchange conversations about the concerns of the youth, but also about all economic, social and political issues,” he said, addressing the audience: “You are part of this country and it is important for you to know the country’s policy and the country’s plans in a way that guarantees the present and the future.”[/size]
    [size=45]Below is the text of the questions of Beston Othman and the youth present, as well as the answers of Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani:[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: The nature of our program gives absolute freedom to all students to ask any question without restrictions or prior preparations. I told them that, but it seems that they are still not reassured. They want to hear this reassurance from you to ask any question they have and everything will be fine.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: On the contrary, we must hear all the questions. We are not here in a session in which we chose people to give us the question. No, the speech is directed to everyone. Any question that comes to the mind of anyone present here can be kindly asked and I am ready to answer.[/size]
    [size=45]“Previous governments did not reach a conclusion regarding Article 140.”[/size]
    [size=45]Student Muhammad Sabri Yassin said: I am from the Kalkaji district of Sheikhan district in Nineveh, and we are here between two authorities. The regional authority and the Iraqi authority. For example, as an English graduate, I was one of the first graduates in my department, and until now I have not obtained anything. I ask the Kurdistan Regional Government to appoint us as teachers, but we do not get anything, and I ask Mosul to do so, but we do not get anything either. What do the residents of the disputed areas do in this environment?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The subject of Article 140, or the disputed areas, is a constitutional article that was approved in the Permanent Constitution of Iraq in 2005 and committees were formed, and for the purpose of implementing it there are several steps to complete and implement this article, but unfortunately the previous governments and the committees that were formed did not reach a result, and there was disagreement in The extent of the article’s validity and implementation. I mention that there was a dispute between the Presidency Council and the government about who has the right to address the decisions of the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council. There is a problem. In Baghdad, in our government program, a conversation took place and there was a lot of discussion and controversy. We agreed to reconstitute the committee and begin disbursing the delayed compensation, and then in the next step. We are implementing the steps that were agreed upon, perhaps the most important of which is conducting the population census. The census was supposed to be conducted in 2023, and due to the governorate council elections it was postponed to May 2024. I believe that conducting the census will be a prelude to ending this file.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: In your words, Your Excellency, as Prime Minister of Iraq, will we see the implementation of all the steps related to Article 140?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Yes, certainly, this is a commitment to the government, but to be clear, the largest part is divided between the Presidency of the Republic as well as the House of Representatives. It is a complete package of steps that must be accomplished in order for us to implement the article in accordance with the constitution.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Your Excellency is known for your great speed in work, and for carrying out the tasks entrusted to you as Prime Minister, and today we have together implemented one of the articles of the Constitution that refers to the Kurdish and Arabic languages ​​as official languages, which follows Article 140, and that it be implemented in the required time.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: In one of my meetings, I think, in Erbil. It was a conference. I said that it was time to lift the term of the outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is always heard by governments, and move to the many future opportunities that bring together all parts of this country. We are determined to end this file, and to the extent of the government’s duty, we will take measures to implement the article.[/size]
    [size=45]Student Hamza Ahmad Nizam, from the College of Political Science at the University of Baghdad, said: The Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, greetings to you, and we welcome you among your children, students of the University of Baghdad. There is a great weakness in the representation of the Turkmen component in the current Iraqi government, as we witnessed one deputy minister, who is the deputy minister of reconstruction in this government. Does this representation reflect the size of the component and its sacrifices during the former regime and in the liberation operations, and its size and originality among the Iraqi people?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Our government is a coalition government, and the coalition government is joined by all the winning blocs and lists, which have representation. During the discussions on forming the government, the discussion was whether a ministry would be allocated directly to the Turkmen component, or would the blocs forming the state administration coalition be at the level of sovereignty and coordination framework, and both blocs had Turkmen representation from the representatives, so the decision was made to have representation within each bloc, but when the nominations were submitted, it was Devoid of component representative. In the last hours, I demanded that he be given a ministry of state, and they said that this would open a door. You know that the appointed person presents his ministerial cabinet and waits for the House of Representatives to vote, and if the political blocs do not agree on the cabinet and the formation, the voting process will falter. But we promised our Turkmen brothers that we would address this issue in independent bodies, as well as the rest of the sites, including agents and consultants, with whom we will deal after the evaluation is completed according to the standards, and they will certainly have representation in the various ministries.[/size]
    [size=45]Student Manar Saad Askar, fourth year student at the College of Political Science at the University of Baghdad, said: They say that political science students do not have the opportunity to work in any field, and they do not have any opportunity to be appointed.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: This question is related to the job description in the ministries. I am familiar with this problem. We have ministries and agencies close to the specialty of political science, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the relations departments at the ministries level, as well as the High Commission for Human Rights, and some departments in the rest of the ministries. Frankly speaking, the job structure suffers from many problems, and it needs us to re-describe in all titles, and the Iraqi state is a state whose laws are old. Today we have specializations and colleges that have been developed and their titles do not match the job description present in the job structure of the Iraqi state, the civil service law that the House of Representatives is supposed to vote on. It will be an introduction, and we will also have an amendment to the Staff Law, so that we define these specializations in a way that ensures the existence of job grades for them in the rest of the ministries.[/size]
    [size=45]“The government views the citizens of the Kurdistan Region with responsibility.”[/size]
    [size=45]Rebin Siamand, a master's student at Soran University, said: I come from the Merkat Sur region in the Soran Autonomous Administration. My question is about your relationship with the presidencies in the Kurdistan Region and officials in the Kurdistan Region. From what we see in the media, you have a fairly good and stable relationship. After your visit to the Soran Autonomous Administration, you took a good tour of its tourist areas. How do you evaluate the development taking place in the administration of Soran and the Kurdistan Region? How do you view President Barzani’s position in the Iraqi political process and the level of Iraq’s stability? What is your relationship with them?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The Kurdistan Alliance, with all its various forces, is an essential part of the state administration coalition that formed the government, and it is an essential partner in the political process that has taken place since 2003, or in the governments, the most recent of which is this government. In this government, we agreed on a ministerial platform, steps and commitments to The government, steps and obligations of the House of Representatives. We can say with complete confidence that, for the first time, the government is the one who follows up the political forces on the implementation of commitments, with evidence and numbers, and at every meeting of the State Administration Coalition, I submit a report in which I explain our implemented commitments as a government. There are problems and differences in viewpoints regarding various technical, administrative and legal issues. This is normal, but There is an understanding and keenness to implement the ministerial curriculum and commitments in a way that does not harm our people in the Kurdistan Region. I referred to your visit, which was a private visit, and frankly I enjoyed the company with the great leader Masoud Barzani, and I discovered in this man, during a tour for hours in different places, that he had in every mountain a story or an incident that he mentioned to me, starting with battles in different eras, an encyclopedia. Of the events, he is certainly a political leader fighting against dictatorship and is an essential part of the political process based on the constitution, the law, and respect for all components. I reassure the brothers, and this is an opportunity for our children in the Kurdistan Region. There are many media outlets trying to falsify and shade the facts, as if the federal government in Baghdad does not feel a legal, constitutional, and moral responsibility towards the citizens. At all, I find that from a legal, moral, and national standpoint, my government must look with responsibility toward the citizen. In the region, we also look at the citizen in Basra, Anbar, or Baghdad. This is not a slogan or a speech, but rather part of our policy to build confidence among all components of the people.[/size]
    [size=45]Amending the budget law to resolve the Kurdistan Region employee salaries file[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: It is true that you, on a personal level, have a very good relationship with all the leaders of the Kurdistan Region, and it is true that we notice a real intention on the part of your government to solve the problems that the people of the Kurdistan Region are suffering from, but until now, as a Kurdish citizen in Iraq, I have not seen That is, translating your good relations with the leaders of the Kurdistan Region and the intention in your government program into an institutional relationship that effectively addresses the existing problems.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I told you, and I will not hide from you, that we have problems at the border crossings, and problems in interpreting the articles of the budget law. Today everyone in the region, especially employees, suffers from not receiving the job salary that is the right of every employee. In the budget law or all the budget laws of previous governments, there is a clear clause about public spending, which determines the size of the state’s spending, and from it we determine 12.6% as a share for the region and grant it with monthly funding, that is, there is no clear clause in the budget law regarding employee salaries. 12.6% is the region’s share if it wants to distribute it as salaries or finance projects with it. This is its authority according to the constitution. We, as a federal government, give this percentage of public spending, which the Ministry of Finance announces and requests that the percentage be taken out of it and given to the region in exchange for the region’s delivery of oil and non-oil revenues. When we began implementing the tripartite budget law effective for three years, an unexpected problem arose for us. First, there was an amendment to the law in the House of Representatives, contrary to the draft that was approved by the Council of Ministers and respected by the Council of Ministers. We are implementing that and we cannot violate that, but that caused us a problem, especially with regard to the cost of producing a barrel of oil. Secondly, the Arbitration Court in Paris issued a decision halting the process of oil production and export through the Iraqi pipeline passing through the region to the Turkish port of Ceyhan. Here, the region lost its oil revenues and only non-oil revenues remained. Therefore, the problem became more complicated and affected the revenues that enable it to fulfill its obligations towards the citizens. When we wanted to finance the region, these are details that I do not want to bother you with, but you must know them to avoid a problem. In Baghdad, the Prime Minister of the federal government is governed by law and I have no absolute authority to bypass the law and issue an order to transfer money.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: But here the Kurdistan Regional Government has a request from you in the context of this issue, which is to amend the budget law. Are you ready to make this adjustment?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Yes, I want to reach this point. In order to face this problem, I was forced to give these loans. You heard about it. This is a procedure. Implementing the budget law does not provide the flow for the regional government to grant salaries, so I disbursed the loans, and the last loan was signed by the Ministry of Finance and the amount was transferred to the regional government. The final solution, until we finish this file, is for the employees of the region to be treated similarly to employees of the Iraqi state and for them to receive their salaries, regardless of these details that we are talking about. This requires amending the law, and I asked the Parliamentary Finance Committee and all the components, and the team of advisors presented the draft that I prepared for them so that they could review it and give initial approval so that I could put it to a vote in the Council of Ministers, and I will send this amendment, God willing, as soon as possible.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I have two questions here. The first is about time. As you said, you will submit the project as quickly as possible. What is this time per day or week? The second question is about the months 10, 11, and 12. The people of the Kurdistan Region are actually waiting for their salaries for these three months, and here there is a difference in interpretation between you and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The Kurdistan Regional Government says that the amounts you transferred are for the salaries of months 7, 8, and 9, while you say that they were for months 10, 11, and 12. I do not know your position or their position on that. What I do know is that the majority of students coming from the Kurdistan Region have parents who receive salaries and are waiting for salaries for the 10, 11, and 12 months. The question is, do you have any initiative to pay the salaries of the 10, 11, and 12 months to the employees of the Kurdistan Region? The second question is: Is there a timetable for the radical solution to the problem to take effect?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The government is in a greater hurry than any party to amend the law, because we know the impact on the citizen on the standard of living and service. Once there is an initial agreement, the Council of Ministers will vote on the amendment and we will send it to the House of Representatives. Now we are in a legislative recess. Work is supposed to resume after the elections in 18/12. The second topic, the topic of differences, at the end of this month we will make a settlement of the amount of amounts funded for the region compared to public spending, because as I mentioned to you, I am governed by the law, and I went to the amendment to overcome this problem. In light of the settlement, we will see the region’s percentage. If it is less than what was funded, the balance will be enhanced. If it is as much as the funding, we will have to enter 2024 and start with the new amendment.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: In this case, do the people of the Kurdistan Region expect any additional loans that you will transfer to the regional government for salaries for the months of 10, 11, and 12?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: You give loans within the expected amount of the region’s share. You cannot grant outside the share because you are governed by the law. I want to go to the amendment to overcome this situation, and to basically maintain the smooth disbursement of salaries to employees, and what remains can be dealt with, because most of what is not What we can be late with is the employee's salary, so we want to address it.[/size]
    [size=45]“Halabja is one of the headlines of the dictatorial regime’s genocidal crimes.”[/size]
    [size=45]Callie Rinas, a communications student at Halabja University, said: We thank you for this opportunity, Mr. President, and I hope you can answer our questions. I was in the fourth grade of middle school, and I remember when I went to school, there were 30 students in the class with me. Every day I went I had one sneaker to wear. They always said there was a bad shoe smell. I could not reveal that it was my shoe, and I could not order new shoes from home because my parents were poor. Another thing I cannot forget is that I lost an entire year of school because of the salary problem. I was taking my second year exams, and my school uniform was torn and I did not have enough money to repair it. I went in normal clothes, but the hall director did not allow me to enter the hall, so I failed that year. This is one of dozens or hundreds of stories in our home and thousands of homes in the Kurdistan Region. I am sure that you are well aware of the bad situation experienced by salary recipients in the Kurdistan Region, and according to the Iraqi Constitution, a decent life must be ensured for all people. This is your mission to ensure a decent life for all the people in the country. Before I ask my question, I ask you not to give me a flexible answer. You know that the two most important pillars for sustaining life and ensuring the development of any country are education and health, and unfortunately, due to the problem of salaries, these two sectors are suffering from a very bad situation. How long do you want this situation to continue? How long do Kurdistan Region employees wait for their salaries? Or when will you get these tens of thousands of employees to safety?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Certainly, this speech is very influential, especially for a speaker as an official. I appreciate the difficult circumstances that our people in the region are experiencing. On the contrary, your insistence on studying and taking exams is evidence of the persistence and determination you possess, and this is something we are proud of, especially since you come from the city of sacrifice, the city of steadfastness, this city that represents one of the headlines of the great crimes of genocide of the dictatorial regime. All appreciation to Halabja, the martyrs of Halabja, and the people of Halabja. .[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: By the way, they are waiting for you to tell them something about the creation of Halabja Governorate, because I think the only thing you can do for the city is to pass that on.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: This is what I was waiting for you to say. We, as a government, were seeking to approve the law, and we are now in the process of administrative procedures related to the governorate and the exercise of its functions. I return to that. The only action I have is to amend the law until the employee crisis ends. There is no alternative to that. We are close to this achievement, God willing. This is a commitment before you. The government will soon approve the amendment once it is approved and then it will be transferred to the House of Representatives. With the adoption of this amendment, the employees’ suffering clearly ends.[/size]
    [size=45]Hani Al-Ati, a student at the College of Information at the University of Baghdad, said: Honorable Prime Minister Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, kind regards. In our talk about achievements, you, God willing, have proven this topic, and in our talk about the achievements that we are witnessing in the Iraqi reality. On behalf of all students and all educational institutions, I say to you: Well done, Mr. President. In our talk about the economic file, the Iraqi street is currently suffering from the issue of the dollar, despite your speech in meetings and statements about amending this issue and limiting this matter. The Central Bank issued instructions and the market began to deal with the Iraqi dinar, but until now the Central Bank is dealing with a price and the Iraqi street is dealing with a price. last. How long will this black market last, how can it be reduced, and what are the actual measures taken by you in the near future?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The gateway to economic reform is reforming the financial and banking sector. In the eighties, Iraq was suffering from war and there were no banks or trade. In the nineties, the blockade was imposed and there was no trade exchange, institutions or banks. After 2003, in 2007, the late Central Bank Governor opens dollar selling window to address inflation. For years, I maintained inflation, and it was not supposed to continue, but it continued, and you all remember the talk that prevailed on satellite channels about currency smuggling, corruption, and the monetary mass that was emerging. We criticized that. We came to correct the matter, where is the problem? You tell me that there is a price on the black market and an official price. I, as a government, am committed today and tomorrow to the official dollar price of 1320, and this is my commitment. But if you are asking me to commit to reducing the price in the parallel market, this means that you are calling on me to provide the smugglers with money. I will not do that. I give the merchant the amount. Whoever wants, and the same applies to the contractor and investor who wants to make the transfer, and the student who wants to transfer money abroad for the purpose of studying, I give him the dollar at the official rate, as well as travelers and patients in need of treatment, but the smuggler does not. Why does the trader go to the parallel market and buy the dollar for 1580? And he does not go to get it for 1320. That person is the one who wants to circumvent and does not enter the electronic platform, as he has a company and a license and pays taxes and customs duties, and the material that he imports and enters the port is subject to examination, so he buys currency from the parallel market and circumvents the platform to avoid this. You must be aware of this and know the origin of the battle, and I, as a government, am certainly exposed to this. The government failed to stabilize the price of the dollar. What is failure? Failure is continuing to make the same mistake that you criticized, and it is all smuggling within smuggling. We have many problems. For example, we have problems with our neighbor Iran. It is being punished and there are no transfers to its account. All banks refuse to make transfers to it, and no bank in the region makes transfers to Iran due to American sanctions. The merchant is forced to go to the parallel market in order to transfer to Iran. We sat with the Iranians and asked them to solve the problem. They have no problem dealing with the dinar, the toman, or the euro. They do not want the dollar, but rather they want the continuation of trade exchange to exchange their goods. We had a problem with Turkey that we solved. We opened an account in euros and lira and worked through them. This is a matter that requires patience, but the end result is that we have a solid banking system that conducts legitimate and unsuspicious transactions. Now I say with confidence that 95% of our legitimate trade passes through the platform. Now there is reliability in the financial and banking system, but those affected speak out and say that this is a failure and that it harms the citizen. I am presented with a daily report on food prices. There is no change in food prices. They are there to tell me that this has an impact on the citizen. We have committed everyone to dealing in the dinar. This is a culture that you must help us with. Yes, it involves manipulation, shading, and falsification, but trust me, if you want me to return the price of the dollar in the parallel market to the official price, this means that I am encouraging deception, and I will not do that.[/size]
    [size=45]“The decisions of the Revolutionary Command Council led to demographic changes.”[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Anwar, a graduate of Kirkuk University, said: My question to them is: What are they doing to resolve the decisions of the Baath regime imposed on us in Kirkuk? We face a very bad situation every day. Before 2003, we were deported and most of our relatives were deported and executed. Now we see Iraqi soldiers storming our agricultural lands and preventing us from working on them, even though we have title deeds and the graves of our ancestors have been there for hundreds of years.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Prime Minister, there is the Balkana region. I do not know if it was mentioned in the reports submitted to you. There are many problems in the Balkana region. Dozens of land-owning farmers are unable to work on their lands due to the decisions of the Revolutionary Command Council of the Baath regime. Arab citizens have been brought to the area and they are undermining the rights of these farmers. How can this problem be solved?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: This is one of the problems related to Article 140. The decisions of the Revolutionary Command Council regarding the confiscation of agricultural lands are what led to this demographic change in the region, and these decisions have not been canceled yet. Some of them have not been cancelled, but the largest part has been cancelled, and with regard to their implementation I said that the hierarchy of procedures related to the article requires the implementation of the entire package. We face problems between farmers of different nationalities and we solve them with immediate measures, but as I said, the radical solution lies in canceling all decisions, and this requires legislation in the House of Representatives and also the application of Article 140.[/size]
    [size=45]A student from Najaf Governorate said: Prime Minister, thank you for this opportunity. A very simple question that many young people would like to ask you. When will the killers of the October demonstrators be held accountable? When will you order the Minister of Defense, Interior, National Security, and Intelligence to open a major investigation in this area, so that the killers of the demonstrators can be tried and brought to justice? So that we, the youth, can be reassured about the future if we secure the past.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: There were measures that took place at the time, especially in Dhi Qar Governorate, but after we took over our duties and one of our obligations according to the government program is to complete investigations related to the October events and the crimes that led to the killing of our youth in more than one governorate. There was a committee formed by order of the previous government, a committee of judges, which made recommendations at the end of July of this year. I and a team of lawyers read the recommendations and found that they included other important aspects during the investigation. Of course, several recommendations were made to hold high-ranking officials and officers accountable, and it was assumed that Until the recommendation is submitted to the Judicial Council, through our reading of the file we found that a large part of the events was not covered and that there are security institutions that represent part of the problem that occurred based on the reports we have. Therefore, I have decided to expand this committee so that we cover all aspects of this issue, which embodies a commitment on the state. We celebrate International Human Rights Day and our constitution approved 32 articles on human rights, so it is the most ideal constitution in this aspect in the countries of the region, but the lesson is in implementing it. These materials and holding all killers accountable, whoever they may be, we cannot be complacent in the issue of identifying a crime and covering up for any security or political party, but as you know, this is what the investigation proves and what the judges and specialists we chose for this committee prove. This is a promise. We will reveal the recommendations and results of the committee once they are completed, God willing.[/size]
    [size=45]“There is no budget to appoint all graduates.”[/size]
    [size=45]Nabaa from Anbar Governorate, a fourth-year student in the College of Education for Humanities, said: In your last statement, you mentioned that the government cannot appoint a huge number of graduates. This statement frustrated us and we want to know what measures the government will provide in order to obtain social justice in comparison. With our peers, the rest of the youth?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: In numbers, the total number of graduates this year is about 300,000, and since 2017 no appointment has been mentioned in the budget law. With our calculations of 300,000 in six years, we have 1,800,000. It is natural that there is no budget that can accommodate 1,800,000 degrees. Functional and this is a reality, but will the government remain idly by under the pretext of the lack of government jobs? Certainly not. This is our commitment as a state and to all legislative and executive institutions to find jobs for our graduates and others. This is a duty, and do not think that a government that wants security, stability, and justice will ever ignore this issue. I work about 16 to 17 hours daily, and I focus on two aspects. Maybe you Over the course of two years, you have noticed that I have been focusing on two words (services and economy). Because I am convinced that services give confidence to the people that the government is serious about serving the citizen, especially since there is a huge shortage of basic services. Secondly, the economy. We have no solution to guarantee the future other than achieving economic reform. We are now waiting for the end of the year, and at the end of this year the Minister of Oil and the Minister of Finance come to me and present me with numbers about the volume of oil exported and the cost, so that the amounts can be transferred to the budget, salaries and the ration card will be financed, and these privileges will be given. So where is the development in this? If oil prices fall tomorrow, as happened in February 2020, I remember, our revenues would be one and a half billion, while we were required to pay 4.5 billion to cover employee salaries. Our balance runs out within six months, and what is the result? We must, as a matter of responsibility, think about this sector and achieve reform, and not treat it as a government by conducting work and then leave everything to the next government (to be confused about the matter). I am not doing that. I am working on plans extending for three, five, and even ten years, and I will remind you when I made reform. The gas sector. No one entered into this sector even during the time of the previous regime. Associated gas and natural gas were not invested by anyone. We burn 1,300 million standard cubic feet (cfm) daily, worth up to 5 billion dollars, and we import 1,000 mcfm from Iran to operate stations. Electricity costs me $4 billion annually in the budget, meaning we lose $9 billion annually. At the same time, natural gas in Nineveh, Anbar, Najaf, and Sulaymaniyah is not being invested. In order to achieve economic reform, I started with contracts. I have projects that are currently being implemented, meaning the companies began their work and within 3-6 months. In years we will achieve self-sufficiency, and this is a step. We will direct this money (4 or 5) billion to agriculture, trade, or industry, and it will generate job opportunities for graduates. As Minister of Labor, one of the laws that I was fighting for was the Retirement and Social Security Law, which was approved in 2016 when I was Minister of Labor, and was delayed by previous governments. But I did not abandon it. I presented the draft law to every government, but what is the benefit of this law? It will equate the privileges of a worker in the private sector with the government sector. I will not need to be in a job. If I work in the private sector, I will have rights and privileges like an employee, and usually the private sector’s salaries are more than the government sector’s salaries. Our strategic choice to solve a fundamental dilemma. Iraq has natural resources and has investment opportunities that enable it to develop various sectors and generate job opportunities. No one in Iraq will be waiting for a government job. Rather, I claim that even those in a government job can move to the private sector, as happened in the sixties and seventies of the last century when There has been movement in investment projects.This is what we are working on, and it is not exaggerated that we have sectors and investment opportunities that we are working on, and God willing, we will achieve the goal that we aspire to, which is achievable and important.[/size]
    [size=45]Lina Ziad, a representative of the Sardar Group of Companies, said: I am not a student, but rather from the Sardar Group of Companies, and we also have a role in granting job opportunities to all existing graduates and making this available to them, but if the President allows me. I have been with the company for about 11 years and I work with the members of the Board of Directors. We have received several correspondences with the governments that succeeded us, including the government of the President. We presented many proposals, including a proposal to amend the commercial agency system, and a proposal to liberalize trade in Iraq. All of this is in the interest of Iraq and the people, and to provide a bridge between the government and private sectors, because when we encourage the private sector, this will have a role in developing Iraq, building Iraq, and building the national economy. Frankly, we have not We get any result or response. There is a great effort from all members of the organization to convey the voice and communicate the things that open horizons for investors to be present in the Iraqi market. What is your opinion?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Sardar Group of Companies is one of the leading companies, because of which we discussed the contract for preparing cars for the Ministry of Interior. The problem was in the agencies. This is a draft law currently prepared by the government, and I think we sent it to the House of Representatives. In the rest of the items, we have a package of reforms. Two days ago we were in a workshop and the private sector was present in a special workshop to reform the tax system from which all companies suffer. We want to get involved in that, and all Arab and international companies see that the government is serious about achieving reform, the partnership law. I also organized a workshop on it last week, in the presence of the private sector, so that we legislate the partnership law in a way that guarantees the interests of the private sector. I believe that the government has its hands on all the joints that need to be amended, whether through legislation or through government procedures.[/size]
    [size=45]“The government has prepared a plan to overcome water scarcity.”[/size]
    [size=45]Mahdi Riyad, an environmental activist from Maysan Governorate, said: I work on environmental issues in Maysan Governorate, and my question revolves around the issue of the drying of the marshes and its consequences. Is the reason due to mismanagement of the internal water file, or the lack of water releases from upstream countries, changing the courses of rivers, and placing current dams? In addition, what is the impact of climate change on the marshes? We see the Iraqi delegation at the COP 28 global conference in the United Arab Emirates as the largest wing confronting this issue, and how important is that given that Iraq is one of the countries most affected by this issue? Does the government view Maysan Governorate as an oil governorate? Or an agricultural governorate? We did not get our rights in both directions. If we are an oil governorate, the government must provide projects accompanying factories through which it employs the people of the governorate, and if we are an agricultural governorate, the government must provide the necessary materials for that mentioned previously in the report.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Maysan Governorate is the second governorate in terms of oil production and the size of oil companies operating in the governorate. On the contrary, it generated many job opportunities for the people of the governorate because the licensing tour companies were part of this governorate. Agriculturally, it is one of the active governorates even at the plan level for the last season. We support both directions. We have projects to invest in associated gas as well as important power stations in the governorate. We look at all governorates according to the resources available in them, and in light of these resources, we determine the economic activities that add added value to the governorate and to the national product, and this is considered by the ministries and by government plans. As for the first topic, which is important, frankly, we suffer from a scarcity of water in all governorates, including the region, and we suffer from climate change to the point that it has reached the stage of an existential threat in many areas due to migration and impacts. We have a scarcity of water and a rate of desertification, as well as the burning of associated gas, which in turn generates gases that affect the phenomenon of global warming. We also have environmental problems, despite the important steps in terms of infrastructure, especially wastewater networks, but we implemented the networks and did not implement the treatment plants, so everything that is diverted from Sewage networks go into the rivers. Imagine the scale of the problem and you have a drop in the water levels of the rivers. This creates a disaster and this is what happens. Now I have a plan for 2024 to build treatment plants in all areas from Mosul to Basra, because this is related to health and the environment. The second point is that we have a problem with neighboring countries. They are preserving their water percentage and building projects[/size][/size]
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act Empty Re: Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act

Post by Rocky Sat 16 Dec 2023, 4:25 am

[size=45]Turkey has implemented a group of dams through which it generates electrical energy, but at the expense of water releases on the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, and Iran, through the projects it has undertaken, has changed the course of the rivers. On feeding the subsidiary rivers that flow into the Tigris River, and this has increased the problem. Our efforts are within a diplomatic framework because we cannot escalate at the level of international organizations because that takes time and affects the root of the problem. The government has currently prepared a strategic plan to overcome this problem, which can be announced for the first time in the Beston Talk program, related to water management, because our problem is in addition to these problems that I mentioned of climate change and the actions of neighboring countries. We have a defect in water management. Most of our farmers now use old methods of irrigation. . In the agricultural plan, we set a higher price for the wheat crop for the farmer who uses the sprinkler irrigation system than the price of wheat for the farmer who uses the traditional method of irrigation. This is happening for the first time and we must take care of that, and take care of the water allocated for agriculture, which amounts to 65% of the amount of water received. Imagine the amount of water that would be saved by transforming water management in the agricultural sector in a scientific and accurate manner to drinking water, which is an integrated management process, including wastewater. In all countries of the world, wastewater is diverted to agriculture, so you do not lose part of the water revenues. We reassure everyone that we have developed a strategic plan, and it is hoped that it will be signed with the Turkish President during his soon visit to Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I feel that there is a deficiency in the strategic project that you have, which is not calculating the amount of rain that falls annually in the Kurdistan Region, and it is wasted. I read a lot of research on how to benefit from the falling rain and melting snow in the mountains of the Kurdistan Region, and the majority of the tributaries that flow into the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates originate from outside the territory of Iraq, including the Kurdistan Region, but we only have one river, 90% of its water originates from within the Kurdistan Region, and that is the River Greater Zab, and what is being questioned and criticized by specialists in water management in the Kurdistan Region of the federal government is that the federal government prevents, for political reasons, the development of the water management sector in the Kurdistan Region. How do you answer this question?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The political aspect has nothing to do with it. Since 2003, we have not implemented any dam due to the high costs and financial allocations, and because we did not take the matter seriously. In years we had an abundance of rainwater and we did not think strategically, and today there is rain. Of course, there is a global drought. The crisis is global and not specific to Iraq. The latest reports indicate that the water level decreases every seven years. Within the plan, we have developed a group of dams in the Kurdistan Region. It is an integrated plan for all parts of Iraq, and we call them small dams to harvest rainwater, so that we can direct it to other uses. I am optimistic and convinced that this plan and this strategic project is the ideal solution to the water problem in a radical way, and I can confirm with the evidence of technicians and specialists that the water revenues we have, if we manage them well, will be sufficient for all human and non-human uses.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I invite you to look at a very good group of scientific research conducted in the universities of the Kurdistan Region, especially at the University of Kurdistan Erbil, on this subject. I am very happy for you to look at it.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: In Kurdistan, the Supreme Water Committee is attended by the region’s Minister of Agriculture and specialists, under my leadership. They are present at every meeting.[/size]
    [size=45]The student, Hamzah, said: I am the son of Garmiyan. I came from the Anfal capital in Chamchamal. We came from Chamchamal and my question is about Anfal. In international and global laws, when a state commits a crime against a party, the injured party is compensated. For example, Iraq was prepared until recent years to compensate Kuwait for the attack it launched against it. So what happened to compensate the victims of Anfal? What did the Iraqi government do to recognize Anfal as a genocide? What did your government do to return the remains of Anfal victims to their areas? This is a question asked by most Anfal people. As a person with special needs, a graduate of Jarmo University, I want to ask you. You said at the beginning of the program that you look at all citizens from Zakho to Basra with the same view. As a person with special needs, I do not understand the language of numbers or the language of politics, and I did not come to defend politicians, but rather as your citizen, I want to ask: Are you aware that the decisions taken regarding the budget and salaries relate to people with special needs like me? I was allocated 150 thousand dinars per month, but sometimes I only receive the amount every 3 or 4 months. Why don't you, within the framework of your government, find a radical solution to the issue of the Kurdistan Region's budget and salaries, because I cannot appoint due to the financial dues not arriving to the Kurdistan Region on time? Which politician can live on 150,000 dinars a month? Any politician who is not satisfied with solving the problem of employee salaries, let him come and live the life of citizens in the Kurdistan Region like me for 24 hours.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I will start where I left off. The salaries included in the social welfare categories are in the budget section for the Kurdistan Region. This is also a category covered by the amendment to the law (Budget Law), and the Federal Ministry of Finance sends salaries directly to these categories, and amending salaries is the authority of the regional government. Kurdistan because it is approved by law within the Parliament of the Kurdistan Region, and constitutionally, issues related to martyrs, prisoners, and social care are within the region within the jurisdiction of Parliament, and are not within the jurisdiction of the Federal Parliament. As for the first topic related to the Anfal decisions, Anfal was also one of the images of the crimes of the dictatorial regime against our people in the Kurdistan Region. I remember when I was Minister of Human Rights in Mr. Nouri al-Maliki’s second government from 2010-2014, we contributed to exposing the crimes of the previous regime and presented them to the world in International conferences. The problem that faced us regarding the issue of international criminalization is that we are not regulated by the laws of the Supreme International Criminal Court, as well as the Rome Statute. This was the obstacle to adding an international character to the crimes committed by the regime, as evidenced by the crimes committed against the Yazidis that were subject to a vote by the parliaments of countries and not a decision. The criminal court is an obstacle to the decision. To address the conditions of the martyrs, I received more than one case, even from the competent official. In the previous budget law for the year 2021, I mentioned some rights for Halabja to be added to the Rafha file, and we were not implemented due to the financial allocations at the time. These are problems that you are not concerned with, but I am forced to clarify them so that you know that the problem is legal, and it is not a matter of not recognizing the right. The victims of various crimes in all governorates of Iraq, whether those executions demanded by the Islamic movement in the eighties or the Shaabani uprising in the nineties, are the same as the victims of the crimes of the dictatorial regime, the problem that has occurred in the history of the Iraqi political process since 2003 until this moment. We are talking about 20 years, which have been Dealing with victims within the region was within the framework of legislation within the Kurdistan Regional Parliament, while victims outside the region were dealt with within the legislation established within the House of Representatives. Any legislation that addresses this problem will certainly be implemented by us as a government in any part of Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: In heaven. What about the process of returning the remains of the Anfal?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The operation is continuing, and the last operation was from Samawah. The mass graves are located on a map. The delay occurred due to the events of ISIS, and other graves were added, and within operations conducted by a specialized team. We have a specialized, internationally professional team. Procedures for searching graves, exhuming remains, and DNA analysis. These procedures take time, but it is all within procedures that the specialized committee is working on. At the Martyrs Foundation.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: As you know, there is a delay in DNA testing and other procedures that exceeds a month or a year, and people want to find the remains of their relatives, return them, and bury them in their homeland. Don't you feel that there is neglect by the official authorities of the Baghdad government?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: As I mentioned, I am familiar with this file because it was within the jurisdiction of the departments of the Ministry of Human Rights, and I bear witness that a professional department is being used by other countries to supervise the matter. We entered into joint work with international organizations, but the expansion of the mass graves that appeared Recently, during 2014, it affected the level of work in the mass graves of victims of the regime before 2003. The department exists, and the technical efforts and financial allocations are also ongoing, and work is continuing, whether by the institution or the Ministry of Health, on the issue of DNA testing.[/size]
    [size=45]“Al-Muthanna occupies the forefront in investment”[/size]
    [size=45]Issam Arif, who holds a master’s degree in state budgeting and a doctoral student in financial economics in Muthanna Governorate, said: First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of myself and on behalf of my colleagues who hold advanced degrees for having contributed to ending this issue that we have suffered from since 2014 until 2023. Muthanna Governorate and Diwaniyah Governorate are among the most deprived governorates among the governorates of Iraq, especially Muthanna Governorate. According to reports by the Ministry of Planning, the poverty rate in Muthanna reaches 64%, and therefore the amount of funds allocated in the budget to the governorate is not proportional to the lack of services occurring and the economic situation there. We have a large economic tributary that, if taken care of by your esteemed state, could be an important tributary to maximizing the general budget revenues in the governorate, which is the Al-Jumaimah border crossing with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. To be honest, previous governments visited the port and promised us to open it, but so far no real measures have been taken regarding this matter. We ask you to put an end to this matter and resolve it.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Let us speak in the language of economics. You want me to activate the port. This is good and it is within the plan, but that will not generate opportunities or opportunities for workers to facilitate trade exchange. I want to activate the industrial and agricultural sectors, which generate direct and indirect job opportunities, and Samawah is a promising area. We have important lands to cultivate within the agricultural plan. We have about 230 thousand dunums now, all of which are cultivated according to modern methods that are the origin of the plan, and it is also about 230 thousand dunums. For the first time, Samawah exceeds the barrier of 150 thousand tons in marketing. Al-Muthanna is the number one governorate in investment and has projects in various sectors. So I am telling you now that in the upcoming surveys of the Ministry of Planning, Samawah Governorate will not be the poorest governorate, because the level of services is good, and what we have allocated in the budget. Outside of the population percentage allocations at the district level in the 2023-2024 budget.[/size]
    [size=45]Iraq loses 470 thousand barrels per day due to the cessation of Kurdistan Region oil exports[/size]
    [size=45]A female student says: My question is about resuming the export of Kurdistan Region’s oil. When will that start? How far have attempts to address the problems of oil companies in the Kurdistan Region, whose work is currently suspended, have reached?[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Prime Minister, I feel that there is a mystery about it. Iraq says I am ready, Turkey says I am ready, and the Kurdistan Region says it is ready. But I don't know why the process does not resume? What is the solution to this puzzle?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Everyone is ready, actually. The problem, as I told you at the beginning of my speech, is that the House of Representatives put in place an article that barrel production should be according to the national average. This was put in the House of Representatives, by the Finance Committee, that is, not by the government. We faced this problem after... Turkey announced its readiness to resume exports. We went to the oil companies and they told us that they could not work because the average cost of production was $8.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: That is, Turkey is ready, Iraq is ready, and the Kurdistan Region is ready, but the companies are not ready?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: No, let me finish my words. In light of the legal article in the House of Representatives law, we must give companies $8 for the production of each barrel, while the cost of producing one barrel in their contracts with the Kurdistan Regional Government is $21. Who will pay this difference? Neither the Kurdistan Regional Government has the money nor can we violate the law. This is one of the problems faced by the budget law approved by the House of Representatives. Now companies are waiting for an amendment to the law.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: In the budget law?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: For the budget law, so that we can pay the cost of producing the barrel.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Will you, as the Council of Ministers, agree to the amendment to send it to Parliament?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Certainly, because we are losing about 470 thousand barrels per day, which we are supposed to export from the region and outside the region, so we sent the Minister of Oil and Deputy Prime Minister to the region a while ago, if you remember, and he held a session with the Ministry of Natural Resources and met with a group of oil companies. They handed us the article that needed to be amended, and we put it in the draft that we are discussing with the Parliamentary Finance Committee.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Now, how many barrels of oil is the Kurdistan Regional Government securing for Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: 470 thousand barrels were exported, 380 to 400 thousand barrels of which were produced by the region.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Does the Kurdistan Region now secure this amount of oil for the Iraqi market?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: No, it has stopped now, because of this problem.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: It does not produce even a single barrel?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: No, it produces 80 to 90 thousand barrels and sends them to the refineries contracting with us as the Federal Ministry of Oil, the Kar Refinery, in order for them to produce oil derivatives for us.[/size]
    [size=45]Darsim Muhammad Amin Ahmed, a student in the Department of Chemistry at Soran University, said: I am not a politician and I have nothing to do with politics, but when I assumed the position of Prime Minister, the people of the Kurdistan Region in general were pleased and that was a source of optimism for them, but after that they felt a little disappointed. Being responsible for the well-being of citizens in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq. Recently, airports have been targeted, and this is a security gateway to the Kurdistan Region and Iraq as well. The Harir Plain, which is a civilian area where residents are exposed to threats, is also being targeted. It is said that Iraqi parties were involved in these attacks. I do not know to what extent this is true, so I want to know why you do not have any reaction to the matter. What is the difference between your government cabin and the previous cabins? We do not notice any reaction you have. On the other hand, I want you to talk. Tell us about your relations with Mr. Nechirvan Barzani. You told us about your relationship with President Masoud Barzani, and we want to talk about that as well. During your recent visit to Erbil, the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, personally delivered you in his car to Erbil International Airport. This reflects the existence of a good relationship and friendship between you. I want you to tell us how this affects peace and stability in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I think we talked about the technical, financial and administrative problems related to salaries. It is possible that they caused a kind of despair or frustration, but rather anxiety. God willing, we will overcome it with the aforementioned amendment regarding the budget law and the problem of salaries will be solved. In the rest of the files, we do not have any problems, within the obligations we agreed upon. The problem of attacking bases, whether in the region or in the rest of Iraq, is part of the ongoing debate and the most prominent event in these sensitive circumstances. It is very important that you be aware of the details. First, we have a problem that we do not hide, and we talk about it frankly. It is the problem of weapons outside the scope of state institutions. There is Well-known and declared armed factions have a belief related to a foreign presence inside Iraq, and we believe this presence, according to what they say, is a kind of occupation that violates Iraqi sovereignty. This is one of the important topics that I spoke about when I was assigned by the largest bloc. I said that the problems before us are weapons and other topics. Let us come to the issue of weapons. How will we deal with it? Is it through bombing, missiles, and making individual decisions on behalf of the state? This is not true and Iraq appears as a country led by groups that decide on behalf of the people. Whatever your opinion as a faction or group is, this is your opinion. It does not necessarily have to be the opinion of the Iraqi people. The people have representatives regardless of the relationship between them and the representatives or their percentage, but according to the constitution and the law we have. Representatives under the dome of the House of Representatives, and they elected a government, and these are the only institutions concerned with decision-making. In order to solve this problem, we agreed to authorize the government as a reliable body for dialogue with the international coalition, because we no longer need the international coalition. We have defeated terrorism and it has ended and it no longer represents a threat. ISIS does not represent a threat to the Iraqi state. Our security services, with all their titles, are capable of maintaining security throughout Iraq. Therefore, it is time for Iraq to get rid of this presence that arouses the ire of the interior and exterior. This issue is used as a justification for interference in the affairs of Iraq, and to push parties and groups and confuse the situation for us. We want to end this existing controversy that we hear daily. For a year of the government’s life, we have been talking with friends in the United States of America that the existence of the international coalition should end, as we do not need it, and they accepted the proposal. As evidenced by the position of former President Donald Trump and current President Joe Biden to end the tasks of combat forces and the understanding with the Iraqi government regarding the advisory elements, and “We are present on Iraqi territory at the invitation of the government,” and indeed they are present at our invitation. The advantage of this announcement is that when the mission is finished, I will tell them that it is finished. We are the ones who value the time and interest for this decision according to a vision and not revolutionary slogans. These are great countries with whom it is in our interest to have relations, especially the United States of America, because we have a strategic framework agreement that includes several areas. In economics, technology and education. All aspects.[/size]
    [size=45]“ISIS has become small and terrified groups”[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Is there no threat left to ISIS in Iraq? For example, last week, ISIS members launched an attack on Iraqi police officers. Don't you see any danger of reorganizing themselves again?[/size]

Last edited by Rocky on Sat 16 Dec 2023, 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act Empty Re: Al-Sudani: The attack on the American embassy and Erbil airport is a terrorist act

Post by Rocky Sat 16 Dec 2023, 4:26 am

[size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Small, terrified groups hiding in the mountains, have no foothold in Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: This means they do not have the ability to reorganize themselves.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Never, and we are chasing them everywhere, and directing strikes at them in all locations. We agreed with the International Coalition during the last delegation that went to Washington to form a bilateral committee and hold a dialogue to arrange a timetable for the exit of these forces (the International Coalition) and to end this file. The variable that occurred was the events in Gaza. This variable certainly caused shock to the entire region. Every day, we witness genocide committed against a defenseless people in a densely populated area. We expressed our official position as a government and it was a clear position, and we expressed our popular political reference position. All the authorities condemned that and this is a clear position. As for engaging in the arena of conflict, that is not in our interest. Therefore, all attacks, including the recent attack on the American embassy and the attack on Erbil Airport, are... Terrorist attacks, and the government and its security services are pursuing the perpetrators. We will not be complacent about this issue. This is a matter related to the stability and security of the country. There is no courtesy involved, and the government is serious about carrying out its duties.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: This is the first time you have used such a sharp tone towards an attack launched, as you say, by the armed factions.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: When the situation is dangerous and threatens the stability of Iraq and the Iraqis, there is no hesitation for me.[/size]
    [size=45]“The factions do not agree on a single position.”[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Do you agree with these factions that received votes in the elections and are represented under the dome of Parliament? I mean representatives in Parliament. Are you talking about other forces or has there been a change in their position?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The political forces and factions have a clear position. Not all factions agree today on one position that is clear to everyone. We are engaging in a clear dialogue with everyone. A meeting was held for the coordination framework. I called for this meeting, and I think their statement is clear. The statement calls on the government to take measures to uncover and prosecute the perpetrators. There is nothing clearer than that.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: But I understand from your words that now factions have emerged from factions, and other factions have split from within these factions that do not obey the parties that agreed with you on the stability of Iraq at this stage.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: As a government, it is important for us to have a clear political position that supports our measures. The second point is our duties, and the government’s duty is to enforce the law and achieve security and stability. I will not wait for Zaid or Amr to convince him of this matter. My directives are clear to the security services and whoever disturbs security and stability, we will prosecute him in accordance with the law under judicial procedures, whoever he may be. The government will take a public stance regarding these crimes that occurred, and we will name the party involved by name. This is our commitment.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Osman: When will we see that?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I follow this daily[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: When will we, as citizens, see the result of this?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Once the investigations are completed, the investigations have reached an advanced level, and God willing, we will soon announce the results.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Did you also include those accused of launching the attacks on Erbil and Harir in the investigations?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: We have joint work, with the Peshmerga and the Asayish, that is, the National Security Council holds its meetings in the presence of the Chief of Staff of the Peshmerga, Lieutenant General Issa and his colleagues, and cooperation continues. No one works in isolation from the other because security is a collective responsibility. We are talking about responsibility for the security of the country.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Of course she had another question that we forgot to have the opportunity to answer. I asked another question about your relationship with Mr. Nechirvan Barzani[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Certainly, from the beginning, I have had a good relationship with all the Kurdish leaders, starting with President Masoud Barzani and the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, whom I have all respect and appreciation for. He is a man who understands and communicates with us in all matters. And Mr. Prime Minister of the Regional Government, Brother Masrour Barzani as well, the nature of the work requires us to understand and communicate to face all challenges in a spirit of responsibility and act in accordance with what the Constitution and the law dictate to us. Praise be to God, we have a good relationship, and God willing, this will be reflected in the issues that our people are suffering from in the region or in the neighboring regions. .[/size]
    [size=45]Shahad Karim, a student at the Faculty of Information, said: There are many Iraqi publishing houses, but they are closed. Books are printed in Egypt and Lebanon. Why are these Iraqi publishing houses closed? In addition, this year in particular, schools suffered from a major shortage of books.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The printing was delayed due to the procedures that took place at the Ministry of Education. We pointed out this negative situation, and the problem was financial as much as the administrative procedures. The contracts affected the provision of schools and students with books, and publishing houses in general, and the cultural aspect, unfortunately, did not receive the required support over the past years. The last government support initiative for the cultural sector may be the Baghdad Capital of Culture initiative. Recently, we announced the completion of the government’s measures to allocate sums to the cultural sector in all its forms, cinema, drama, musical and plastic arts, as well as a financial allocation to the Writers and Writers Union, one and a half billion dinars to finance activities and festivals, and one billion dinars to print books. This was directed to this aspect, and we are continuing this support out of our belief in the contributions of this role in the cultural and awareness aspect.[/size]
    [size=45]Maytham Saadoun Abdel-Sahib, a student at the College of Law, said: As for our governorate, Maysan, there is no institute for the blind, and I remember at the beginning of my work in blind associations, we talked with your honorable person when I was governor at that time. It lacks an institute for the blind like the rest of its peers. What is your vision of universities’ attention to people with special needs? It would be nice if every university allocated a department to follow up on students with special needs.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Certainly, your insistence on overcoming difficulties is appreciated and respected by society in general. I will review the issue of the Institute for the Blind. If only Maysan Governorate lacks an institute, I will contact the relevant ministry. As for the other issue, which is related to establishing a department, we distinguish all people with disabilities and special needs from others. We want them to integrate into the college and everywhere, but there is nothing wrong with having a department that follows up on the implementation of the provisions of the law, which includes many rights. We are committed to the percentage allocated for admissions and appointments in institutions. Country.[/size]
    [size=45]Rosine Chalabi, a student at the Faculty of Medicine at Zakho University, said: When will the government provide a good quantity and quality of medicines to patients in public hospitals, so that the poor and needy do not have to go to pharmacies outside public hospitals to buy medicines, and when will the government provide medicines to patients in government hospitals?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: A month or so ago, I met with the Minister of Health in the region and the Minister of Health in the Federal Government, and we found that there is coordination between the two sides in various health aspects. The issue of drug registration is now taking place through procedures by the Kurdistan Regional Government, and in recent decisions there was a large percentage of Medicines are smuggled without examination or have not been registered. Registration inside Iraq is subject to strict contexts and procedures, and the Iraqi specifications are always the best, most accurate, and most complex. Therefore, we presented a package of procedures that facilitated the process of registering medicines so that the medicine arrives, whether in the region or outside the region, registered and inspected, because the trade most subject to smuggling is the trade in medicines, and this is related to human health. In principle, there is coordination on this issue, and as I mentioned a month ago, we had a meeting about it.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Regarding this issue, I am very interested in drawing your attention to Hiwa Hospital in Sulaymaniyah, which is the only cancer treatment center in Iraq. Only 60% of the patients are from the Kurdistan Region, while the remaining 40% of its patients are from the governorates of central and southern Iraq, but as a journalist I have been monitoring this hospital for three years. It is called Hiwa Hospital, meaning hope, and it has become a hope for hundreds of patients from all over Iraq, but for three years For years I hear on the news and see them personally. They are forced not to receive more patients due to the lack of medicines, the loss of salaries, and the cessation of appointments. However, they receive patients daily, and here with us are two people who came from Hiwa Hospital.[/size]
    [size=45]Ahmed Jamal, a graduate of the Department of Health Administration at Kujah University in Sulaymaniyah, said: During your tenure as government cabinet, how much did you care about the health sector? As a person with experience in my field, I have been working voluntarily in the field of health for 6 years, and the disease is spreading on a daily basis, and the “Hiwa” and “Nana Kali” hospitals in Erbil are managed by philanthropists without the participation of the concerned authorities, and sometimes patients come and are registered for review. After 6 or 8 months. Do you know what they say to them? It is said: To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return (they die). You are the highest official in Iraq, and how does the last sentence I mentioned affect you? Due to the loss of medicines, the availability of treatment is parallel to European countries, but there is no support and funding for medicines and provision of devices. How is the situation managed? Is it through philanthropists?[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Hiwa Hospital is run with funding from philanthropists and the work of volunteers. Do you have anything to say about this matter?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: This is within the region.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: The hospital provides its services to all citizens from all over Iraq. 40% of its patients are residents of Basra, Kufa, Amara, Baghdad, Diyala, and Mosul.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Cancer diseases have several levels. There are detection centers and treatment centers, and these have begun to spread in the rest of the governorates. We have in Maysan Governorate a center specialized in treating the disease, also in Basra, in addition to the center in Sulaymaniyah. Part of the discussion that took place between the Federal Ministries of Health and the Kurdistan Region is cooperation in this field. The thing that I confirm is that in the government program we have given priority to specialized centers, including cancer treatment centers, in terms of financial allocations that provide treatment, and also increased the percentage allocated to medicines. For the first time, we cover 90% of the medicines needed by health centers and hospitals. This was not present. It is possible that the allocations exceeded one trillion and 600 billion dinars. Also, for the first time, we are offering joint management of hospitals with specialized institutions, that is, instead of the patient traveling outside the country, these institutions provide him with treatment in hospitals by specialists. The other important issue is the one that addresses the philosophy of the health system, which is the health insurance law. We are currently in the transitional phase in which we are implementing this law. This year, 300,000 employees were selected as an experiment, as a start, and as a first batch of employees who implemented the law after we formed the Health Insurance Authority. This will encourage private hospitals to provide treatment in accordance with the legal contexts of the Health Insurance Authority. This is a qualitative leap in improving health conditions. Also, the health sector received great attention in my government program. We found hospitals late in 2013 in Baghdad, the governorates, and Mosul. We have Ibn Sina Hospital suffering from a real problem. We began accelerating contracts to complete these hospitals. It is hoped that during the next two years, all hospitals will enter service, the first section. Baghdad hospitals will enter service during the first quarter of 2024, God willing.[/size]
    [size=45]Student, she said: I carry a message and a trust from thousands of students to deliver to you. We have 9,000 graduates since 2016, and part of those universities are located in Khanaqin district, which is one of the disputed areas. Now we have 6,000 graduates, 1,000 of whom are in Khanaqin and 5,000 of whom live in Kalar and Kafri districts. It also seems that the biggest problem facing Garmian University is the federal government’s failure to recognize its degrees, so its students cannot study in the Iraqi and European boards. The main problem at the university now is suffering from the Faculty of Medicine, which has not received recognition and its students have been on strike for 9 weeks. According to sources who reported that Garmian University She said that the administrative procedures are complete. The university is not recognized. What are the obstacles facing the Iraqi government to recognize Garmian University? If the problems are political, do politicians accept that these students become victims of political conflicts?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Are these private universities?[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: These are government universities affiliated with the Kurdistan Region that were established after 2005, and until now the Federal Ministry of Higher Education does not recognize their degrees.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The Ministry has standards for recognizing universities and colleges, especially there is an emphasis on medical colleges. I do not know the nature of the problem, but I will inquire from His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education and I will give you the answer.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: It is very important because at Garmian University 5-6 thousand students suffer from this situation.[/size]
    [size=45]Ruqaya Noman, a student at the College of Political Science at the University of Baghdad, said: My question is a little different. We notice in countries of the world that there is a major and effective role for the First Lady, especially since this role is related to the role of women and effective institutions, but in reality we do not notice an effective and real role for the First Lady in Iraq. This reflects civilizational aspects and gives strength and a message to empower the political role of Iraqi women. What are the reasons for the absence of the main role of the First Lady in Iraq after 2003?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: There is no law. In countries there is a law that determines the position and duties of the First Lady and even determines her tasks. There is a custom in Iraq that the President of the Republic has the First Lady and the Speaker of the House of Representatives as well, but as for the Prime Minister? (He laughs). The duties of the First Lady are at home to raise the children.[/size]
    [size=45]Another student said: I am loaded with many letters of thanks to you regarding the achievements and other details, and since our awareness of the world we have now begun to see the presence of reconstruction on the ground, and we see the vehicles in the streets, I thank you with all my heart for this achievement. The other issue is that I am burdened with two trusts. The first trust I am obliged to convey to you privately if your time permits, and the second trust is from the students of the Faculty of Information. Students at the College of Media suffer from an issue, which is that most state institutions include a special department for media and relations, and most of the employees in this sector are not media specialists, while graduates of the College of Media and students preparing for graduation lack job opportunities. I see the love of youth in your eyes, so I hope you pay attention to them.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: It is the same observation made by political science students. Indeed, media workers in the ministries are not specialists. He could be a technician and be assigned to media. We alerted the ministries and also amending the law will clarify the administrative structure of job grades.[/size]
    [size=45]“Stop importing electricity within three years”[/size]
    [size=45]Misk Ali Muhammad, a student in the Department of Algorithmic Engineering at the University of Baghdad, said: Just as you said regarding associated gas, investing in it will limit global warming and affect the country’s budget, and we are wasting about 10 billion dollars annually. When will full reliance on Iraqi gas and supply of electrical stations be made within the recently concluded agreement with Total Energy?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: An important question, and it reflects the youth’s interest in following up on the economic file. We have a contract with Total and contracts with Emirati and Chinese companies, and we also have a national effort. We are working to produce 2000 mqmqm in excess of our need, and we took into account the expansion of production in electric power stations, and therefore this requires gas. The period that these projects need, and they have begun implementation, is approximately From 3 to 5 years.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I think the contract was signed with Total Energy last July. Has the foundation stone been actually laid on the ground in Basra, has work begun?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Total?[/size]
    [size=45]Bestun Osman: Total Energy.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Total started the field.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: What stage have they reached?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: They took over the site according to the plan. We have a timetable for completing this project.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Is work being done according to schedule?[/size]
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Post by Rocky Sat 16 Dec 2023, 4:30 am

[size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: It is proceeding normally[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: That is, within 3 to 5 years we will not have an electricity problem in Iraq, and energy will be provided 20/24?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: God willing, within 3 years we will abandon imports.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: And providing 24-hour electricity?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Yes. Also, Emirati and Chinese companies have initiated and completed a large proportion of implementation. The electrical sector is a complete system of production, transmission and distribution. That is, last summer we entered summer and we had a schedule of 5 hours of electricity for one hour of outage. The gas stopped, disrupting the entire system and affecting the citizens. Our problem with gas is not in generation, and we have stations that were stopped due to the lack of fuel, and this is what I was talking about, and gas has not witnessed any step during the work of past governments. This government, within one year, put the train on track on the issue of gas production.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I would like to ask you a personal question. It seems that this is your personal vision, because for 20 years, or even 200 years ago, everyone has known that gas in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region is burning and flying into the sky. For how many years gas has been flying into the atmosphere, but none of them were able to take this step or did not dare to take this step, because if Iraq no longer needs gas from abroad, its sovereignty and stability will be strengthened. How did you do that? personal question. Were you not afraid that Iraq would be liberated from this circle and that it would be targeted by countries that did not want Iraq to become independent in this way?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: There are a number of reasons behind the lack of investment in gas during the past years, due to mismanagement, poor planning, and other problems. You know that the period of time that we left behind is full of challenges: Al-Qaeda, ISIS, terrorism, and instability. There is also failure and corruption, so that we can be clear. We imported electrical stations in 2009, Siemens and LG, and with the import of these stations, the Ministry of Oil took the initiative to invest in gas in order to provide fuel for these stations. This was not implemented, so we still need that. As for the issue of Iraq’s exploitation of energy, we believe that there are countries that want Iraq to remain a prisoner. To put it in all objectivity and frankness, we import gas from Iran, and it suffers from a problem with electricity in the first place, and it faces a problem at the level of the country’s senior leadership in supplying Iraq with gas. Firstly, they supply us with gas and do not They receive their dues, the number has reached 11 billion euros.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston: What do we owe to Iran?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: No, we are not debtors. We paid their dues as a government, but where? In their account at the TBI (Trade Bank of Iraq), but this account cannot transfer money to the Iranian treasury because of the sanctions, so he is forced to provide me with this gas without me transferring the money to him. There is media talk and a difficult economic situation, raising questions about why you are preparing. This is Iraq’s problem, so that it can negotiate with America and exclude us from this. They are facing a problem in supplying us with gas, and they do not live on this imported gas. Of course, by the nature of the relationship, and you know the nature of the relationship between Iraq and Iran, it is not reasonable to stop the export of gas despite its presence, and this has social repercussions. With all these projects, we have initiated them and we have not seen any veto, interference, or objection from anyone. This is our national decision and belongs to us.[/size]
    [size=45]A petroleum engineering student at the University of Baghdad, said: My question is about the fifth and sixth licensing rounds in which Total and Gas Investment Company are concerned. Licensing companies, for people who do not know them, are service contracts concluded after 2003, and their tasks were to increase production, reduce damage, and raise the efficiency of the Iraqi staff. After a period of time, we did not see an increase in the efficiency of the Iraqi staff, nor an increase in the percentage of representation of the Iraqi staff in these private companies, whether in the region. Or in the general government, the idea of ​​licensing rounds has become more like partnership contracts than service contracts, because the foreign company brings you a foreign employee, and thus the economic tenders that will take place take a higher percentage on the price of the barrel as a result of the foreign employee. Regarding the sixth licensing round, we did not witness an improvement in the level of the Iraqi staff or a guarantee of workers’ rights. We only witnessed an increase in gas production, meaning we will benefit from energy, but we marginalize a large segment of the unemployed in the oil sector, especially after 2014.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: First, you must correct your information. The sixth round is still being announced. The sixth round is specific to gas, not oil. With the licensing rounds, our contracts were service contracts, not participation for a small amount. As for the companies in the first, second, third, and fourth licensing rounds, they began to exit because they began to lose. The fifth round, which includes the contracts of the Emirati company Al Hilal and the Chinese companies, has a hybrid role between participation contracts and service contracts. It has become profit sharing, and this is a fair context between us and the companies. The staff is there, and in my last meeting with the Opinion Committee at the Ministry of Oil, I asked them a question about the claims of foreign companies that these contracts do not serve them. If these companies leave tomorrow, how will we produce 4 million and 652 thousand barrels per day? This is the question. Therefore, we are heading to develop the national effort to In order to invest local staff and introduce them into production.[/size]
    [size=45]Student Karbin from Sulaymaniyah said: You have a political history since 1997 and you have held many positions. In 1997, I was the Director of Agriculture in Maysan Governorate, and in 2004 I was Mayor of the City of Amara, and then in 2009 I became Governor of Maysan, and in 2010 I became Minister of Human Rights. I held high positions during the era of the late Mam Jalal. Did you have any friendship? Mam Jalal was known for telling jokes. Do you remember a joke he told you to tell us now?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: May God have mercy on him, the late president was one of the national symbols. I was Minister of Human Rights in Mr. Al-Maliki’s second government, and the decision was taken to streamline the government. In order for it to be formed, we needed state ministries, four or six, and after their formation, the decision was taken to streamline the government. Several ministries were abolished. After a period of Ramadan came, the late president invited us to break the fast. He was standing outside with a chair next to him because he could not stand and received us one by one. There was commitment and coordination among the ministers. He noticed that the number was small, so he said that the government had really implemented coordination and I did not know.[/size]
    [size=45]“Mosul is the brain of Iraq”[/size]
    [size=45]A student in dentistry at the University of Mosul said: Mosul suffers from many problems. You care about the governorate, but we need more attention. The last time I came to Baghdad, because we had problems with roads and bridges, all of these problems bothered anyone who wanted to go to Baghdad or to another governorate. When I came, I was very happy. I saw reconstruction and the building of bridges. There is no reconstruction project in Mosul that has not been completed. Only the health sector in the governorate is very dilapidated. Najm al-Jubouri was a good governor and we all loved him. I do not say all, but rather the majority, and we hope that any new governor who comes will enjoy your support and be honest. I am a student in dentistry at the University of Mosul, my average is 99.7, and we have a problem with medical group students in government colleges. Our averages every year are no less than 99, and if they drop, they reach 98.5. The problem is that appointments are central to the medical group, and we are now threatened with the cessation of appointments due to private colleges, and grades in private colleges are falling below the average year after year, from 85 to 80 and now to 79, and there are students who are accepted with a grade of 75 or lower. We hope that the rates in private colleges will be raised and the number of admissions will be reduced, as the competition taking place threatens the recruitment of medical group students. A student with a grade of 99 competes with a student coming from a private college with a grade of 79, and the final problem is in military medicine. I am the son of a military family and my dream was to be accepted into the medical group, but at the same time I want to combine the two fields. What is the reason for the discontinuation of military medicine in the medical group? I hope that my dream of being an officer and at the same time a doctor will come true. What is the problem? We submitted many applications for admission in this field, but we did not receive any results.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: We care about Mosul for several reasons. Mosul is the brain of Iraq, and an important city in which the Iraqi people made all the sacrifices to end the era of ISIS. It also has economic opportunities for its people and for the rest of the governorates. We support it at all levels. The former governor was a dedicated and keen person and gave a lot, but there is a legal problem. Which was rejected by the brothers in the House of Representatives, preventing its continuation. In addition to the age requirement for retirement. The current governor is charged with duties, and he is also a son of Mosul and one of the engineering cadres who worked, and we will support him. Certainly, we are approaching the governorate council elections, and I hope, as a person and outside the list, that we have representatives at the institutional level at the local government level in the governorates and at the federal government level. I noticed during the previous elections that the largest percentage of reluctance is among young people, and this is a problem that needs discussion. We have problems about the political process and problems that could be about the election law, but we all agree that there is no way to change except through this mechanism. With your presence, participation and support, you are the ones who You lead society. Each one of you leads the family. I hope you pay attention to this aspect. Certainly there are trustworthy people. Give them your trust to be present in the governorate. The governorate is not something easy or secondary. Its role is essential. As a government, I pray day and night for governorate councils and a professional governor to come to me to help me, because a large part of the powers he has. I cannot cancel these powers according to the constitution. This It depends on the awareness of the community, and its correct choices will make it easier for me to implement my projects by providing the service. As for the issue of doctors and their studies at the expense of the Ministry of Defense, we have a huge number that exceeds our capacity. We have about 3,000 people now who are confused about the issue of their allocations that we disburse. With regard to the issue of rates, I will review this issue with the Minister of Higher Education.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: How was the day you spent with these young people?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: First, I thank you, because this is indeed an initiative that is happening for the first time and, God willing, it will be repeated, because this dialogue is rarely open in particular with this elite of society. You brought together all Iraqis and this counts for you and for the Rudaw network and we hope that it will continue. Certainly, you were very happy. With this meeting and this attendance, I hope that you will be reassured and have hope for the future. Our country has many enormous natural and human resources that can be invested to overcome all our problems. And be confident, and far from slogans, there is no problem that is hopeless and cannot be solved at all. I say it with all confidence, there is an opportunity. For success, we are betting on you and this existing national feeling. I hope that these meetings will be repeated. I spoke with you before the start of the program. In a conversation with the ministers, we intended to work on providing a presence for the students of the Kurdistan Region in the universities of the provinces and vice versa, that is, for them to complete their studies in the provinces, in order for a kind of rapprochement and a kind of meeting to occur and for them to learn other languages ​​and cultures, and this is what we seek for everyone. Our people in all governorates.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: As a citizen of the Kurdistan Region and on behalf of all the citizens there, I call on all Arab students here to come to the universities of the Kurdistan Region and learn the Kurdish language and learn about our culture so that we can build a bridge of relations between us and reach the path of peace together. According to the program procedures, you are required to nominate two individuals before departure. From your country's point of view. Who should sit in this chair after you? Nominate for us the names of two Iraqi or Kurdish figures. They could be from neighboring countries or international, but you will nominate them and invite them to sit there in front of the students of our country.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: All official figures. We have a problem, which is the lack of trust between society and the political class, and part of this is due to the lack of open dialogue, in addition to the media uproar. I hope that it will continue with the official figures in the decision-making institutions so that they can confront each other and create a dialogue, at the legislative or executive level. It is okay for the next episode to be with the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, in Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, we want the name of another character. There must be two.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The President of the Supreme Judicial Council chose Faiq Zaidan. He was with me at a Ministry of Interior conference about the first annual anti-drug conference. I told him that I was heading to such an activity, and he said that this was something very important.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, will you mediate for us to come? He also mediated for us with President Nechirvan Barzani.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I am a mediator for both.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, you are inviting them to Baghdad, and all the students of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region will participate in the episode, God willing, but where will Faiq Zaidan’s episode be? Will he come to Kurdistan so we can do this? You suggested to us.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: in Erbil.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: It is proceeding normally[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: That is, within 3 to 5 years we will not have an electricity problem in Iraq, and energy will be provided 20/24?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: God willing, within 3 years we will abandon imports.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: And providing 24-hour electricity?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: Yes. Also, Emirati and Chinese companies have initiated and completed a large proportion of implementation. The electrical sector is a complete system of production, transmission and distribution. That is, last summer we entered summer and we had a schedule of 5 hours of electricity for one hour of outage. The gas stopped, disrupting the entire system and affecting the citizens. Our problem with gas is not in generation, and we have stations that were stopped due to the lack of fuel, and this is what I was talking about, and gas has not witnessed any step during the work of past governments. This government, within one year, put the train on track on the issue of gas production.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: I would like to ask you a personal question. It seems that this is your personal vision, because for 20 years, or even 200 years ago, everyone has known that gas in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region is burning and flying into the sky. For how many years gas has been flying into the atmosphere, but none of them were able to take this step or did not dare to take this step, because if Iraq no longer needs gas from abroad, its sovereignty and stability will be strengthened. How did you do that? personal question. Were you not afraid that Iraq would be liberated from this circle and that it would be targeted by countries that did not want Iraq to become independent in this way?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: There are a number of reasons behind the lack of investment in gas during the past years, due to mismanagement, poor planning, and other problems. You know that the period of time that we left behind is full of challenges: Al-Qaeda, ISIS, terrorism, and instability. There is also failure and corruption, so that we can be clear. We imported electrical stations in 2009, Siemens and LG, and with the import of these stations, the Ministry of Oil took the initiative to invest in gas in order to provide fuel for these stations. This was not implemented, so we still need that. As for the issue of Iraq’s exploitation of energy, we believe that there are countries that want Iraq to remain a prisoner. To put it in all objectivity and frankness, we import gas from Iran, and it suffers from a problem with electricity in the first place, and it faces a problem at the level of the country’s senior leadership in supplying Iraq with gas. Firstly, they supply us with gas and do not They receive their dues, the number has reached 11 billion euros.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston: What do we owe to Iran?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: No, we are not debtors. We paid their dues as a government, but where? In their account at the TBI (Trade Bank of Iraq), but this account cannot transfer money to the Iranian treasury because of the sanctions, so he is forced to provide me with this gas without me transferring the money to him. There is media talk and a difficult economic situation, raising questions about why you are preparing. This is Iraq’s problem, so that it can negotiate with America and exclude us from this. They are facing a problem in supplying us with gas, and they do not live on this imported gas. Of course, by the nature of the relationship, and you know the nature of the relationship between Iraq and Iran, it is not reasonable to stop the export of gas despite its presence, and this has social repercussions. With all these projects, we have initiated them and we have not seen any veto, interference, or objection from anyone. This is our national decision and belongs to us.[/size]
    [size=45]A petroleum engineering student at the University of Baghdad, said: My question is about the fifth and sixth licensing rounds in which Total and Gas Investment Company are concerned. Licensing companies, for people who do not know them, are service contracts concluded after 2003, and their tasks were to increase production, reduce damage, and raise the efficiency of the Iraqi staff. After a period of time, we did not see an increase in the efficiency of the Iraqi staff, nor an increase in the percentage of representation of the Iraqi staff in these private companies, whether in the region. Or in the general government, the idea of ​​licensing rounds has become more like partnership contracts than service contracts, because the foreign company brings you a foreign employee, and thus the economic tenders that will take place take a higher percentage on the price of the barrel as a result of the foreign employee. Regarding the sixth licensing round, we did not witness an improvement in the level of the Iraqi staff or a guarantee of workers’ rights. We only witnessed an increase in gas production, meaning we will benefit from energy, but we marginalize a large segment of the unemployed in the oil sector, especially after 2014.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: First, you must correct your information. The sixth round is still being announced. The sixth round is specific to gas, not oil. With the licensing rounds, our contracts were service contracts, not participation for a small amount. As for the companies in the first, second, third, and fourth licensing rounds, they began to exit because they began to lose. The fifth round, which includes the contracts of the Emirati company Al Hilal and the Chinese companies, has a hybrid role between participation contracts and service contracts. It has become profit sharing, and this is a fair context between us and the companies. The staff is there, and in my last meeting with the Opinion Committee at the Ministry of Oil, I asked them a question about the claims of foreign companies that these contracts do not serve them. If these companies leave tomorrow, how will we produce 4 million and 652 thousand barrels per day? This is the question. Therefore, we are heading to develop the national effort to In order to invest local staff and introduce them into production.[/size]
    [size=45]Student Karbin from Sulaymaniyah said: You have a political history since 1997 and you have held many positions. In 1997, I was the Director of Agriculture in Maysan Governorate, and in 2004 I was Mayor of the City of Amara, and then in 2009 I became Governor of Maysan, and in 2010 I became Minister of Human Rights. I held high positions during the era of the late Mam Jalal. Did you have any friendship? Mam Jalal was known for telling jokes. Do you remember a joke he told you to tell us now?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: May God have mercy on him, the late president was one of the national symbols. I was Minister of Human Rights in Mr. Al-Maliki’s second government, and the decision was taken to streamline the government. In order for it to be formed, we needed state ministries, four or six, and after their formation, the decision was taken to streamline the government. Several ministries were abolished. After a period of Ramadan came, the late president invited us to break the fast. He was standing outside with a chair next to him because he could not stand and received us one by one. There was commitment and coordination among the ministers. He noticed that the number was small, so he said that the government had really implemented coordination and I did not know.[/size]
    [size=45]“Mosul is the brain of Iraq”[/size]
    [size=45]A student in dentistry at the University of Mosul said: Mosul suffers from many problems. You care about the governorate, but we need more attention. The last time I came to Baghdad, because we had problems with roads and bridges, all of these problems bothered anyone who wanted to go to Baghdad or to another governorate. When I came, I was very happy. I saw reconstruction and the building of bridges. There is no reconstruction project in Mosul that has not been completed. Only the health sector in the governorate is very dilapidated. Najm al-Jubouri was a good governor and we all loved him. I do not say all, but rather the majority, and we hope that any new governor who comes will enjoy your support and be honest. I am a student in dentistry at the University of Mosul, my average is 99.7, and we have a problem with medical group students in government colleges. Our averages every year are no less than 99, and if they drop, they reach 98.5. The problem is that appointments are central to the medical group, and we are now threatened with the cessation of appointments due to private colleges, and grades in private colleges are falling below the average year after year, from 85 to 80 and now to 79, and there are students who are accepted with a grade of 75 or lower. We hope that the rates in private colleges will be raised and the number of admissions will be reduced, as the competition taking place threatens the recruitment of medical group students. A student with a grade of 99 competes with a student coming from a private college with a grade of 79, and the final problem is in military medicine. I am the son of a military family and my dream was to be accepted into the medical group, but at the same time I want to combine the two fields. What is the reason for the discontinuation of military medicine in the medical group? I hope that my dream of being an officer and at the same time a doctor will come true. What is the problem? We submitted many applications for admission in this field, but we did not receive any results.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: We care about Mosul for several reasons. Mosul is the brain of Iraq, and an important city in which the Iraqi people made all the sacrifices to end the era of ISIS. It also has economic opportunities for its people and for the rest of the governorates. We support it at all levels. The former governor was a dedicated and keen person and gave a lot, but there is a legal problem. Which was rejected by the brothers in the House of Representatives, preventing its continuation. In addition to the age requirement for retirement. The current governor is charged with duties, and he is also a son of Mosul and one of the engineering cadres who worked, and we will support him. Certainly, we are approaching the governorate council elections, and I hope, as a person and outside the list, that we have representatives at the institutional level at the local government level in the governorates and at the federal government level. I noticed during the previous elections that the largest percentage of reluctance is among young people, and this is a problem that needs discussion. We have problems about the political process and problems that could be about the election law, but we all agree that there is no way to change except through this mechanism. With your presence, participation and support, you are the ones who You lead society. Each one of you leads the family. I hope you pay attention to this aspect. Certainly there are trustworthy people. Give them your trust to be present in the governorate. The governorate is not something easy or secondary. Its role is essential. As a government, I pray day and night for governorate councils and a professional governor to come to me to help me, because a large part of the powers he has. I cannot cancel these powers according to the constitution. This It depends on the awareness of the community, and its correct choices will make it easier for me to implement my projects by providing the service. As for the issue of doctors and their studies at the expense of the Ministry of Defense, we have a huge number that exceeds our capacity. We have about 3,000 people now who are confused about the issue of their allocations that we disburse. With regard to the issue of rates, I will review this issue with the Minister of Higher Education.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: How was the day you spent with these young people?[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: First, I thank you, because this is indeed an initiative that is happening for the first time and, God willing, it will be repeated, because this dialogue is rarely open in particular with this elite of society. You brought together all Iraqis and this counts for you and for the Rudaw network and we hope that it will continue. Certainly, you were very happy. With this meeting and this attendance, I hope that you will be reassured and have hope for the future. Our country has many enormous natural and human resources that can be invested to overcome all our problems. And be confident, and far from slogans, there is no problem that is hopeless and cannot be solved at all. I say it with all confidence, there is an opportunity. For success, we are betting on you and this existing national feeling. I hope that these meetings will be repeated. I spoke with you before the start of the program. In a conversation with the ministers, we intended to work on providing a presence for the students of the Kurdistan Region in the universities of the provinces and vice versa, that is, for them to complete their studies in the provinces, in order for a kind of rapprochement and a kind of meeting to occur and for them to learn other languages ​​and cultures, and this is what we seek for everyone. Our people in all governorates.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: As a citizen of the Kurdistan Region and on behalf of all the citizens there, I call on all Arab students here to come to the universities of the Kurdistan Region and learn the Kurdish language and learn about our culture so that we can build a bridge of relations between us and reach the path of peace together. According to the program procedures, you are required to nominate two individuals before departure. From your country's point of view. Who should sit in this chair after you? Nominate for us the names of two Iraqi or Kurdish figures. They could be from neighboring countries or international, but you will nominate them and invite them to sit there in front of the students of our country.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: All official figures. We have a problem, which is the lack of trust between society and the political class, and part of this is due to the lack of open dialogue, in addition to the media uproar. I hope that it will continue with the official figures in the decision-making institutions so that they can confront each other and create a dialogue, at the legislative or executive level. It is okay for the next episode to be with the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, in Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, we want the name of another character. There must be two.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: The President of the Supreme Judicial Council chose Faiq Zaidan. He was with me at a Ministry of Interior conference about the first annual anti-drug conference. I told him that I was heading to such an activity, and he said that this was something very important.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, will you mediate for us to come? He also mediated for us with President Nechirvan Barzani.[/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: I am a mediator for both.[/size]
    [size=45]Beston Othman: Well, you are inviting them to Baghdad, and all the students of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region will participate in the episode, God willing, but where will Faiq Zaidan’s episode be? Will he come to Kurdistan so we can do this? You suggested to us.[/size]

[size=45]Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani: in Erbil.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:39 am