Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Danger Threatens Iraq.. Civil Organizations Launch Awareness Campaign to Combat Drugs in Erbil (Phot

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Danger Threatens Iraq.. Civil Organizations Launch Awareness Campaign to Combat Drugs in Erbil (Phot Empty Danger Threatens Iraq.. Civil Organizations Launch Awareness Campaign to Combat Drugs in Erbil (Phot

Post by Rocky Sat 29 Jun 2024, 4:56 am

Danger Threatens Iraq.. Civil Organizations Launch Awareness Campaign to Combat Drugs in Erbil (Photos)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-06-28 07:28
    Font

Shafaq News/ A campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of narcotics was launched in Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, on Friday.

The head of the People's Committee Organization, Hawker Jato, one of the organizers of the campaign, told Shafaq News Agency, "The campaign is called (Be Aware) and includes all regions of Iraq with the aim of raising awareness of the dangers of drugs among young people in particular."

He added, "We see at the present time that the statistics are increasing in Iraq year after year and doubling in terms of the number of drug dealers and dealers arrested on this charge. I believe that the issue of drugs in Iraq comes in terms of importance directly after terrorism as one of the biggest problems that exist."

For his part, the head of the Kurdistan Human Rights Organization, Hoshyar Malo, explained to Shafaq News Agency, "After being a transit point for drug trafficking, Iraq has now largely become a consumer, and there are also signs that Iraq may be a producer of these substances."

He stressed that "during the past three years, we have witnessed a significant increase in drug trafficking and abuse, as more than 38,000 people were arrested, and more than 54 million Captagon pills were destroyed, which is equivalent to more than one pill for every Iraqi citizen."

He pointed out that "the most important thing we need to combat this problem is to raise awareness among young people in particular and various groups in society, and secondly, to amend the laws as they still need that, and thirdly, for institutions to deal with the issue as Iraq has a major deficiency in terms of the existence of rehabilitation centers for these people."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 01 Jul 2024, 8:16 am