Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+2
weslin3
wciappetta
6 posters

Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near

wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near Empty Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near

Post by wciappetta Tue 12 May 2015, 7:38 am

This guy is gonna need a slap down to change his rhetoric 

Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near

11-05-2015 02:35 PM

President of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, asserts that the dream of a Kurdish state is near and that previous obstacles to the independence of Kurdistan were removed and the right of Kurds to have their own state .

He Barzani expressed hope that up arms directly to the Peshmerga forces in reference to the region form an army tries according to the specifications Global, noting that he was informed that US officials, expressing at the same time confidence in the ' promises 

' they made ​​for the delivery of arms to the Peshmerga Barzani had also discussed at his residence in Washington with former Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi and the presence of Barzani happy and Fuad Hussein armament file and the decision of Congress regarding that matter .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near Empty Re: Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near

Post by weslin3 Tue 12 May 2015, 8:35 am

He has been really pushing for this...
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near Empty Re: Barzani: the dream of a Kurdish state is near

Post by Neno Tue 12 May 2015, 4:01 pm

And not good for the country As a whole imho. Not sure what bearing it would have on our journey but thinking not good. Hopefully, just wishful thinking on the reporters part.
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 12 May 2015, 4:16 pm

It is my understanding that Kurdistan will need to use the Iraqi dinar as its interim currency until all the formalities are complete with the UN and acceptance of Kurdistan as an independent country.  It is also my understanding that an "independent" country can't use a currency that is not Article 8 compliant as an interim currency.  If my understanding is correct (from all I have read over the past few years), then the Iraqi dinar must become Article 8 compliant before Kurdistan takes the vote for a referendum of independence.  It appears that Iraq is getting very close to being Art. 8 compliant, with the taxes and tariffs going in place (WTO also requires that for a country to be a full member - the country must be Art 8 compliant) - and then there is the request for a sovereign credit rating to issue the bonds - I personally don't think that they will be given a credit rating until they are Art. 8 compliant.  A couple of years ago, the IMF told Iraq it must become Art. 8 compliant ASAP and - I think it was last summer - the World Bank told Iraq it had to depeg from the U.S. $ or it would ruin the economy.  Around the end of 2014, we started to see a flurry of activity with the IMF, WB, WTO and many articles (crazy articles) about the "3 zeros" - my prayer is that we are totally caught "off guard" one morning and the currency has revalued.  Every so often, there is some news that I feel is a "sneak" peak into the progress.  Since the IMF and the World Bank want Iraq to become Art. 8 compliant - I think it is on its way.  Just a matter of waiting.  Keep the prayers going.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Tue 12 May 2015, 5:18 pm

thumbs2
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 12 May 2015, 5:32 pm

Thank you Neno for the thumbs up - I respect your thought process on how this is transpiring.
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Tue 12 May 2015, 6:05 pm

Thanks for that info, it gives us something else to look for...what a wicked Webb!!
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 12 May 2015, 6:29 pm

Hi Mochasmom, hopefully with everyone watching we will see something someone else "missed" or is "focusing" on another issue.  I try not to put too much weight on the members of Parliament - too much dis-information.  If I see some action per the guidelines of the IMF and the WB or the WTO, I check further - I read an article about printing the 50,000 notes and the "very last" sentence said that the printing of the 50,000 note was per the "guidelines" of the IMF.  If that was a true statement, then watching what the CBI does with the printing or distributing of the notes will be very interesting - the timing will be crucial if it is in fact tied into the revalue.  I am also wondering about the timing with Ramadan - I believe it starts on or about June 17th - goes for a month and then the Eid al Fitr three day holiday that follows the end of Ramadan.  Praying this "ride" is over before then.  Going back to the Kurdistan "independence" issue - I remember, I believe it was last year, Kurdistan displayed their new currency - I was of the belief at that time we were close - but, Iraq is Iraq and I also believe there is a country with the initials USA that has a lot to do with how, when and how much - the petrodollar is about to fall and I think the IMF will see that the dinar will be "depegged" from the $ before that happens (Iraq owes the IMF and WB too much money in loans and then there is all "that" interest Iraq will be paying on the loans, so I think we are safe that the revalue will happen.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Tue 12 May 2015, 6:55 pm

Thanks Lobo for the encouraging thoughts and research. I keep telling myself they have to put a value on their currency to be accepted by the world. This is logical. Missed the info  about IMF wanting Iraq to depeg from the USD. It use to be on the IMF website where it would be pegged to the USD for up to 3 years at a fixed rate. Can't find that anymore. Maybe that is why.
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 12 May 2015, 7:28 pm

Hi Weslin3, your comment about the rate being pegged to the dollar for 3 years got me thinking about the Iraq Ministry of Planning - its contract rate was suggested at about $1.13 and it also was to be in place for 3 years - I had it bookmarked and I can't find the page, so I went to the website - link-
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    It appears they are changing it, there are many Pages that need to be filled in - and I wasn't able to find a "suggested contract rate" - I may just have missed it.  I would think that the page with the suggested contract rate would be taken down if the dinar is about to revalue.  If in fact, Iraq contracted at about $1.13 and the revalue was lower, there will be many companies that will, more than likely, be suing for breach of contract if Iraq wants to "renegotiate" or not pay the contract rate.  That would be a "holy" mess.  (I know that there were some reports that Iraq wanted to renegotiate with the oil companies because the price of oil was so low - but I couldn't find anything about the resolution of those reports - so maybe, they are in "limbo" waiting for the revalue).  Another thought is that the people are accustomed to the dollar amount in the market and if the dinar revalues at a lower rate than what the dollar rate is on "the street", the people probably won't use the dinar and the dollar will really be a hot item on the black market.  Just my thoughts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Jul 2024, 9:42 pm