Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

ROASTED CARROT SOUP WITH DUKKAH

Lobo
    Lobo

ROASTED CARROT SOUP WITH DUKKAH Empty ROASTED CARROT SOUP WITH DUKKAH

Post by Lobo Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:51 pm

ROASTED CARROT SOUP WITH DUKKAH
    ROASTED CARROT SOUP WITH DUKKAH Erinscott_stonehouse_carrotsouprecipe_246wide-9814
    View detailed images (1)

adapted from Bon Appetit

• 2 pounds carrots, scrubbed & cut into 1-inch pieces
    • 2 tbsp Stonehouse House Blend or Olio Santo 
    • 1-2 tsp ground tumeric
    • 4 tsp Dukkah
    • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 
    • 1 qt vegetable broth 
    • Greek or strained (thick) yogurt 

Preheat oven to 425°. Place the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet,  drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until the carrots are tender and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Let the carrots cool slightly, then transfer to a blender, add the vegetable broth and blend until soup is very smooth, 1-2 minutes. Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add water by 1/4-cupfuls to soup for a thinner consistency, if desired. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. 
    To Serve, divide hot soup among bowls, spoon a dollop of yogurt into center of each and sprinkle with Dukkah, a tsp per bowl or to taste. 
    VARIATIONS:  

• For a dairy-free version, drizzle olive oil instead of yogurt, regular, Basil, or Persian Lime work nicely.  
    • Add a tablespoon of Harissa Blend into the soup before garnishing, to give added depth and flavor.
    • before dividing into soup bowls, stir in a tsp of meyer lemon zest, it adds a bright note  to the occasional spoonful (also works with lime zest)
    • fresh, chopped cilantro is also a nice garnish

photo credit: erin scott.  Recipe from Blog "Yummy Supper."

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:10 pm