Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

All About English Peas

Lobo
    Lobo

All About English Peas Empty All About English Peas

Post by Lobo Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:47 am

All About English Peas
    All About English Peas Img12
    English peas—sometimes called garden peas or pod peas—have a fresh, slightly grassy flavor that is the essence of spring. English peas are wonderful puréed and made into a creamy soup or spread. They add bright points of color and flavor to pilafs, risotto, fried rice, pasta and soups. Steamed and sprinkled with fresh mint or parsley, they make a wonderful side dish.

Selecting
    Pods should be bright green and feel heavy. Each 1 pound of whole pods yields about 1 cup of shelled peas so pay attention to the desired measurement in your recipe.

Storing
    Their sugars convert quickly to starch, so English peas are best eaten the day they are purchased. If needed, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Preparing
    Shell peas right before cooking them in order to keep them from drying out. Once shelled, peas can be briefly cooked in 1/4 inch of simmering water for 3 to 4 minutes. They will quickly turn soggy and lose their vibrant color, so it is important not to overcook them.

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 4:17 pm