Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fig New Fashioned

Lobo
    Lobo

Fig New Fashioned Empty Fig New Fashioned

Post by Lobo Mon 05 Dec 2016, 5:39 pm

Fig New Fashioned Img7l
    Fig New Fashioned

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 1
    Nocino is an Italian liqueur that’s infused with unripe walnuts. You can find recipes for making your own online, but it’s also available at any well-stocked liquor store. The recipe makes enough fig-infused rye for about 12 drinks.

Ingredients:

For the fig-infused rye:

• 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh figs, or 12 oz. (375 g) dried figs
    • 1 bottle (24 fl. oz./750 ml) rye

• 1 oz. (30 ml) nocino
    • 2 dashes Angostura bitters
    • 1 Luxardo maraschino cherry
    • 1 fresh fig half (optional)

Directions:

If using fresh figs, in a large jar, combine the fresh figs and rye. Cover and set aside in a cool, dark place for at least 48 hours and up to 3 days. If using dried figs, in a large jar, combine the dried figs and rye. Cover and set aside in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks and up to 3 weeks. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth to remove the figs and their seeds. Discard the solids. You will need 2 oz. (60 ml) of the infused rye for this cocktail; refrigerate the rest for making more cocktails. The infused rye will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

To assemble the drink, in a mixing glass, combine 2 oz. (60 ml) of the fig-infused rye, the nocino and bitters. Fill the glass three-fourths full with ice and, using a bar spoon, stir until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain over a single large ice cube in an old-fashioned glass. Skewer the cherry and fig with a cocktail pick, garnish the cocktail with the pick and serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Recipe by Ashley Rose Conway, creator of Craft + Cocktails

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:20 pm