Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Patriots’ Malcolm Mitchell the next Deion Branch?

jedi17
    jedi17

Patriots’ Malcolm Mitchell the next Deion Branch? Empty Patriots’ Malcolm Mitchell the next Deion Branch?

Post by jedi17 Wed 14 Dec 2016, 6:30 pm

Patriots’ Malcolm Mitchell the next Deion Branch?

The New England Patriots’ draft class this year has shown up in multiple facets of the game, particularly in the passing game. Stud rookie wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell has formed a connection with quarterback Tom Brady and the trust of head coach Bill Belichick over the last several weeks.

What started as a relatively slow development process has snowballed into one of the more impressive rookie receiving campaigns in Patriots’ history for Malcolm Mitchell. Over the course of four games, Malcolm Mitchell has stepped up his game to another level adding another weapon to the New England offense when they needed it most.
    Without star tight end Rob Gronkowski and veteran receiver Danny Amendola, Mitchell has seen his playing time increase drastically and he has taken advantage of the opportunity to play more snaps. Mitchell seems to be comfortable working with Brady and the other receivers and has shown an aptitude for big plays.
    This impressive knowledge of football by Mitchell has not gone unnoticed by Bill Belichick with BB going as far as to compare the young Mitchell to Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch. Yeah, that is some high praise indeed.
    According to Belichick, “He’s got a good level of football intelligence, kind of reminds me from that standpoint of Deion,” Belichick said of the 24-year-old Mitchell. “You know, Deion was probably one of the smartest receivers we’ve had in here. Especially as a rookie, he picked up a lot of things, and Malcolm has some of those same qualities.”
    New England Patriots’ fans remember Deion Branch as a key member in the Patriots’ dynasty. Branch’s intelligence and work ethic were unmatched and for Malcolm Mitchell to be getting compared to a legend like Branch is quite the compliment.

“I don’t know if it’s quite to Deion’s level or not, but somewhere in there,” Belichick continued. “And so, as you get into this point in the year and you start doing things that are a little bit different, you start making adjustments, or they start doing things defensively that cause you to make some adjustments. Players that have that kind of instinctiveness or ability to handle those adjustments, that plays in their favor.”

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:08 pm