Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tampa Bay Lightning

jedi17
    jedi17

Tampa Bay Lightning  Empty Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

A Little Advice...
    February 6, 2017, 10:38 AM ET [4 Comments]
    John Gove
     Tampa Bay Lightning  Tb Tampa Bay Lightning Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

If you are a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, the 2016-17 NHL regular season has not been kind to you. High hopes and aspirations have been met with utter disappointment. 

Of course, you are going to continue supporting the team you have grown to adore but how do you make it through the rest of the season without completely torturing yourself? I'm here to provide you with a little advice that can make this possible.

Take it a Game at a Time

Mathematically, the Bolts have acquired enough points through 53 games to still be in contention for a playoff spot. Their 52 points have them six points behind the third-place Bruins and seven points behind the second wild card spot. However, Tampa Bay realistically has a slim chance of making the postseason based on how the season has gone for them thus far.

As a fan, it would only cause torment if you were to continue watching the standings with a focus on what the Lightning need to do in order to get into the playoff picture. Watching games through this mindset would not only cause pain, it would suck all of the entertainment out of sitting down and watching a hockey game.

It would be much more pleasing just to focus on the game being played and not the bigger picture. Yes, there will certainly still be nights when you want to pull your hair out but you can also get enjoyment out of a 5-1 victory even though it does nothing to improve the team's position in the standings.

Play a Little Armchair General Manager

If Steve Yzerman is doing his job correctly, he is going to start thinking about ways to make the Lightning a contender next season. You can start doing the same thing.

While you're watching the games, evaluate the talent on the roster and come up with areas this team needs to approve. Then, think about ways to improve them. Which players are tradeable? Who do you hold onto? Who do you let go over the summer? The possibilities for this way of thinking are endless and can keep your mind busy while the Bolts go through their struggles.

Find a Playoff-Bound Team to Cheer For

This last bit of advice is not for everyone. For some people, it is completely impossible to support another team that is not yours. I completely understand that. But for some who just enjoy watching good hockey, it might be fun to find a team you enjoy watching play and follow them as they make their push for the postseason.

My suggestion is to find a team with little to no connection with the Lightning. It is best to travel over to the Western Conference for this.

As I mentioned, it has been a rough season for the Tampa Bay Lightning faithful. There is no promise that things will turn themselves around. Still, I hope you find a way to enjoy what's left of the hockey season and stay optimistic for the future. 

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:24 am