Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Mon 10 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm

Don't show them the money
    April 10, 2017, 7:19 PM ET [47 Comments]
    Dan Petriw
    New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    One point. The New York Islanders failed to make the playoffs by one stinking point. There is plenty of blame to go around from underachieving forwards to shoddy defenseman to subpar goaltending. However their is only one person to objectively blame for this disappointing season, absentee General Manager Garth Snow.

One more power play goal. One key save. One coverage not completely blown. One critical timeout called to stop momentum. One crucial lead held. All of these factors could have led to the Isles making the playoffs. All of these situations fall under the feet of our absentee General Manager.

I call him this because Garth is never around. When this team is floundering, where is he? You see him speak publicly less than five times a year. He is all alone in his fortress of solitude, sulking at Jaro Halak's agent.

We went over all the events that should have gotten him fired this year but none grinds my gears more than the handling of the goalies. You miss the playoffs by ONE point and because your ego was hurt you left Halak in Bridgeport for months. I do not know how someone looking at this situation could be okay with this.

Look, I'm not the kind of person who roots for a person to be fired. However, if this organization is going to take the next step then it needs a fresh start. Making the playoffs is not acceptable. This team should be contending for a cup.

Despite this manifesto, I truly believe that Garth's job is safe and as I type this my stomach churns. These owners promised us a first class organization and honestly I think they are full of crap. Stand up and make the necessary changes.

You can make a difference. Do not renew your season tickets and tell them why. Why you run into Jonathan Ledecky tell him why you won't spend a dime on his team until a real front office is put into place. We can yell and scream all we want but if you hit them in the pocket they MIGHT listen.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:23 am