Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Mutlaq: There is no democracy in Iraq and expected not to win Salim Jubouri

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Mutlaq: There is no democracy in Iraq and expected not to win Salim Jubouri Empty Mutlaq: There is no democracy in Iraq and expected not to win Salim Jubouri

Post by Rocky Tue 28 May 2019, 2:01 am

[size=35][size=35]Mutlaq: There is no democracy in Iraq and expected not to win Salim Jubouri[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Policy

2019-05-27 17:11
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[/size]

[size=18]The head of the National Dialogue Front, Saleh al-Mutlaq, said on Monday that the democratic process in Iraq "does not exist," pointing out that what is present is "rigging elections and sharing positions," while pointing to the loss of former parliament speaker Salim al-Jubouri in the last elections.

"People do not trust the elections, and anyone who says there is a democratic process in Iraq is more important," al-Mutlaq said in an interview with Alsumaria TV's right-of-reply program. 

"There is no real democracy in Iraq, and I talk about my convictions," he said. "The democratic process is not just an election, it means building state institutions, human rights, justice, independent judiciary and separation of powers."

He said al-Mutlaq that "the process has become today the expression of fraud and the sharing of people in advance, and therefore there is reluctance of people to participate in the elections," and expected "the participation of 10% of Iraqis in the upcoming elections, and this percentage does not represent the opinion of the community," he said. 
    On the loss of former parliament speaker Salim al-Jubouri in the elections, al-Mutlaq said that "I expected not to win al-Jubouri and I told him that time." I said to al-Jabouri I wish you to leave the parliament before the elections.

He explained that "I saw in the presence of Jubouri Speaker of parliament loss to him and us," pointing out that "there is a popular and partisan atmosphere against him, and I was almost sure he would be told and wanted to save his position to resign before being sacked." 

Mutlaq said that "Muqtada al-Sadr and Hadi al-Amiri played a role in the selection of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi and the formation of the government," but "but the decision was not their decision alone." 

"Three years ago, when I was in Beirut, they told me to communicate with Abdul Mahdi because he would be prime minister for the next stage," he said.

[/size]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:05 am