Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi demonstrators: Muqtada al-Sadr betrayed us

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi demonstrators: Muqtada al-Sadr betrayed us Empty Iraqi demonstrators: Muqtada al-Sadr betrayed us

Post by Rocky Sat 25 Jan 2020, 6:18 am

[size=34]Iraqi demonstrators: Muqtada al-Sadr betrayed us
    Last update: Saturday, 30 Jumada I 1441 AH - 25 January 2020 KSA 14:50 - GMT 11:50
    Publication date: Saturday 30 Jumada I 1441 AH - 25 January 2020 KSA 12:47 - GMT 09:47

Source: Dubai - Arabia.Net
    [/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]font size
    On Saturday, Iraqi protesters considered that the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had betrayed them. In a strongly worded statement against the Iraqi Shiite leader, the coordinating committee for the demonstrations considered that he had betrayed the "free men" in reference to the demonstrators.
    The committee also affirmed that "the Iraqi demonstrators did not go out to the arenas with a religious fatwa or a pectoral tweet", calling on Sadr not to bet that his protesters ran out of patience.

Meanwhile, the coordination committee accused the Sadrist movement of riding the movement’s wave and trying to exploit it. She emphasized that the demonstrators remained in the squares until the demands were fulfilled, stressing that "they will not be a paper on the political trading table as Sadr did," according to the statement.

It is noteworthy that the statement came hours after the powerful Shiite cleric withdrew his support for the movement, which prompted his followers to pack their belongings and leave the protest camps.The coordination noted that "the abandonment of Sadr and his betrayal of the demonstrators will be paid the price of heading the next government, according to what Iran promised."
    In a Friday evening tweet, Sadr indicated his disappointment with anti-government protesters in Baghdad's Tahrir Square, the center of protests.
    His tweet came just hours after tens of thousands of his followers organized a separate anti-American rally in a neighborhood of neighboring Baghdad, from which most of the protesters in the square had moved away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=15]From Baghdad (January 25 - AFP)

Confrontations and tear gas
    [/size]
    Later, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and some southern cities, as security forces deliberately removed the sit-in tents, wounding dozens.
    The security forces fired tear gas in the Al-Khilani square in central Baghdad, which resulted in 14 cases of suffocation, according to Al-Arabiya / Al-Hadath reporter.
    It is noteworthy that Iraq has been witnessing since October 1 demonstrations against government corruption, high unemployment and Iranian influence in Iraqi politics, and later turned to the demand for an independent government away from the parties, and the holding of early parliamentary elections.
    Violent stations were marred by these demonstrations, as security forces' crackdowns killed at least 500 protesters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 3:27 pm