Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Guardian: Demonstrators in Iraq feel betrayed and neglected by successive governments

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Guardian: Demonstrators in Iraq feel betrayed and neglected by successive governments Empty The Guardian: Demonstrators in Iraq feel betrayed and neglected by successive governments

Post by Rocky Thu 19 Jul 2018, 2:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Guardian: Demonstrators in Iraq feel betrayed and neglected by successive governments

"Demonstrations are spreading in the oil-rich provinces of southern Iraq," the Guardian newspaper published Thursday, citing a demonstration in southern Iraq, saying protesters felt betrayed and neglected by successive governments.
    Massive demonstrations continue to continue in the mainly Shi'ite provinces of southern Iraq for the second consecutive week as protesters defied riot police to vent their anger at continued power outages threatening their businesses and lives.
    The newspaper added that the demonstrations that began last week in Basra, the largest cities in southern Iraq and the main export port of oil in the country spread and expanded and moved to other provinces such as Amara, Nasiriyah and Samawah and the cities of Najaf and Karbala.
    The newspaper said the protests put pressure on Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, who has been in a bad position already since he took over as prime minister temporarily until the parties agree on a coalition government after the results of the last election about two months ago.
    Residents of the city of Basra, which exports about 80 percent of Iraq's oil abroad, feel they have been betrayed and neglected by successive governments, where the city suffers from weak electricity networks and continued power cuts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 12:28 am