Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq?

chouchou
    chouchou

Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq? Empty Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq?

Post by chouchou Sat 21 Jun 2014, 5:17 am

President Obama opposed the 2003 US-led war which toppled Saddam. He based his run for the White House on ending wars rather than starting them.

So his decision announced at a press conference last night of sending 300 advisers to Iraq – including Green Berets and other special forces – must have been taken very reluctantly.

America has already spent a trillion dollars and lost 4,500 military lives ousting one dictator, training Iraqi security forces and installing a Western-style democracy in Iraq.

So the question is at this pivotal time in Iraq’s history: will 300 US advisers sent in now prevent it plunging in to the abyss?

Acknowledging America’s laudable intentions, and with great regret: I think probably not.
    The US sent thousands of its finest to train Iraqi forces for 8 years in the post Saddam era. In 2006 I spent time with intelligent and thoughtful American colonels in towns like Baiji; dedicated men who had taken time to study Iraqi history; honorable commanders who had established a true rapport with their Iraqi counterparts.

The goal: to turn the Iraqi armed forces into disciplined and effective fighting machine, backed by some of the finest military equipment in the world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq? Empty Re: Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq?

Post by duck2000 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 6:41 am

So the question is at this pivotal time in Iraq’s history: will 300 US advisers sent in now prevent it plunging in to the abyss?

no .. the iraq army is going to have too do this obama will not commit! and ofcourse da kurds ! lol
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq? Empty Re: Can 300 US Military Advisers save Iraq?

Post by Neno Sat 21 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

The Kurds,  wonder if after this, they will control what is needed after all?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:48 pm