Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

AGRICULTURE: BAGHDAD IS NO LONGER SUITABLE FOR HABITATION DUE TO DESERTIFICATION

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

AGRICULTURE: BAGHDAD IS NO LONGER SUITABLE FOR HABITATION DUE TO DESERTIFICATION Empty AGRICULTURE: BAGHDAD IS NO LONGER SUITABLE FOR HABITATION DUE TO DESERTIFICATION

Post by Rocky Mon 31 May 2021, 7:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today, Monday, the Iraqi Ministry of Agriculture confirmed that the capital, Baghdad, is no longer suitable for housing, especially on the Rusafa side on the eastern side of the Tigris River.
    Ministry spokesman Hamid Al-Nayef said in a press statement, "Baghdad is no longer suitable for housing due to the decline of green spaces in the Iraqi capital, which is threatened by desertification." He indicated that "20 to 30 percent of the green spaces are threatened by desertification."
    He added, "Confronting desertification through planting green belts needs huge sums of money, a national program and a clear strategy."
    Al-Nayef said, "The worsening problem of desertification in the country is due to the scarcity of water, the decrease in rain and global warming."
    He pointed out, "The governorates most affected by desertification and dust and sand storms are the western governorates, as they are facing desert areas."
     Concerning the number of oases in remote areas of the cities, he explained that "there are 45, most of them in Anbar Governorate, and they used to generate economic resources and provide many job opportunities, but the influence of ISIS terrorist gangs over the governorate for years contributed to its destruction, and only 20 of them remained."
    Yesterday, Sunday, Minister of Agriculture Muhammad Karim Al-Khafaji described the current year as "the worst" in terms of rainfall.
    "This year is not rainy and it is considered the worst year," Khafaji said in a statement to Rudaw Network, which was followed by the news agency.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:19 am