[size=36]The Commission talks about gangs to rig the elections[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Independent High Electoral Commission confirmed today, Friday, that the upcoming elections will witness intense monitoring with follow-up from all the parties involved in them, and while it talked about the presence of gangs working to distort the electoral process and its results, it called on the media to be cautious in conveying information related to the elections. .
Imad Jamil Mohsen, a member of the media of the Commission, said, "The Electoral Commission does not work alone in the Iraqi street, but there are partners for it and a great role played by the security services in working with the Commission, especially the Ministries of Defense, Interior and Intelligence, which have previous information and experience in this field, in addition to The judiciary and the role of the media, which began to activate because the cause is solidarity and everyone is a partner in it.
Mohsen added, "The upcoming elections are pivotal and everyone counts on them, so the monitoring will be intense, with follow-up from all the parties involved in them." He spoke with UNHCR and suffered from it, and therefore it was a support and a helper for UNHCR."
He expressed, "the Commission's ambition to conduct fair and correct elections and for the people to have a guarantee in them," stressing "the importance of the media's role in urging elections and the role of the security services in securing them, which will raise the percentage of participation in the elections and the percentage of confidence in the commission's work."
Regarding thwarting the attempt to rig the elections, Mohsen said, "The commission is following the matter closely," stressing that "
He warned, "Some satellite channels erred in transmitting information related to the election process," noting that "there are gangs working to distort the results and distort the electoral process."
He pointed out that, "Among what some channels erred is the presentation of a documentary film indicating that election-related devices are present at these gangs, while the documentary film was specific to the stores of Anbar Governorate and has nothing to do with the content of the news," calling on the media to "be apprehensive and cautious in conveying the news." the information".
Concerning the public money that is being used for electorally, Mohsen said, "
He continued, "The commission follows up on public money and writes to private parties, as its electoral system has 14 articles that it is committed to in terms of advertising, its location and its distance from the center and state departments, which are subsequently monitored and monitored by monitoring teams. As for the issue of political money, it is secretly done and therefore the commission does not have evidence to control it.”
He explained, "The role of the Commission is to inform the security authorities through the Supreme Security Committee, and the case and violations are followed up, after which the perpetrators will be punished according to its own state law," stressing that "the Commission does not have the authority to punish."
He pointed out that "the Commission is serious about distributing the voter's card and delivering it to the house, and there are teams specialized in this," noting that "some registration centers have reached 90% only because of the demographic change, the shift in housing and deaths, as well as the citizens who have no other desire." .
He stressed, "The Commission has so far distributed 85% of the cards, leaving only 15%," noting that "there is sufficient time that enables the Commission to distribute the remaining cards." Ended 29 / h