Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Due to water scarcity, the percentage of cultivated land in Iraq decreased to 70%

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Due to water scarcity, the percentage of cultivated land in Iraq decreased to 70% Empty Due to water scarcity, the percentage of cultivated land in Iraq decreased to 70%

Post by Rocky Wed 30 Nov 2022, 5:52 am

Due to water scarcity, the percentage of cultivated land in Iraq decreased to 70%

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2022-11-30 05:17

Shafaq News/ The Minister of Agriculture, Abbas Jabr Al-Alawi, confirmed, on Wednesday, that agricultural areas in Iraq have declined to large levels of up to 70 percent.
    "The ministry is serious about revitalizing the agricultural sector in Babil," Al-Alaywi said in a press conference held today, on the sidelines of his visit to Babil Governorate, noting that "decisions were issued in cabinet sessions, the most important of which is compensation for farmers in the 2023 budget and subsidizing fertilizers."
    He added, "Work is underway to develop the agricultural side in Babylon and help farmers," pointing out that Iraq suffers from the problem of water scarcity, and its percentage in the Tigris and Euphrates decreased by 50%, in addition to the decrease in the percentage of cultivated land by 70%.
    The minister explained that "cooperation continues with the Ministry of Water Resources to increase Iraq's share of water."
    It is noteworthy that Iraq suffers from water scarcity as a result of the lack of rain and the decrease in water revenues in the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, which affected the agricultural plan for the last season, which shrank to 50%.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 12:35 am