Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary Oil Committee calls on Kuwait to jointly manage Al-Nukhdha field

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary Oil Committee calls on Kuwait to jointly manage Al-Nukhdha field Empty Parliamentary Oil Committee calls on Kuwait to jointly manage Al-Nukhdha field

Post by Rocky Sun 04 Aug 2024, 5:03 am

Parliamentary Oil Committee calls on Kuwait to jointly manage Al-Nukhdha field

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Economy News - Baghdad
    In mid-July, Kuwait announced the discovery of large commercial quantities of light oil and gas in the offshore Al-Nukhdha field, which lies within the territorial waters shared with Iraq. This announcement prompted the Oil, Energy and Natural Resources Committee in the House of Representatives to demand that the field be managed jointly by Iraq and Kuwait.
    Committee member Adnan Al-Jaberi said in an interview with Al-Sabah, followed by Al-Eqtisad News, that Iraq has shared fields in the Gulf, and has the right to explore them between it and the countries close to the Gulf states, noting that the rights are established in the 1981 International Maritime Convention, which includes all international charters and covenants that stipulate respect for rights between those countries.
    He added that Iraq has a right to the economic zone and shared territorial waters, noting that Kuwait has annexed Iraq's economic zones, whether in the Dorra or Al-Nukhatha fields, which are located within the Iraqi economic zone, or at the very least within the shared areas.
    Al-Jaberi explained that, according to diplomatic norms and international conventions, joint areas cannot be invested by one of the two countries, but rather by both of them, and there must be an agreement with Iraq on joint investment of everything that exists between them.

145 views
    Added 08/04/2024 - 9:34 AM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 09 Sep 2024, 8:43 am