Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Intense heat wave brings record breaking temperatures to central Asia

Lobo
    Lobo

Intense heat wave brings record breaking temperatures to central Asia Empty Intense heat wave brings record breaking temperatures to central Asia

Post by Lobo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 6:23 pm

Intense heat wave brings record breaking temperatures to central Asia

Posted by Elena Ugrin on July 02, 2015 in category Heat wave

Intense heat wave brings record breaking temperatures to central Asia Central_Asia

The hottest June in recorded history was reported on Wednesday, July 1, 2014 in Turkmenistan, as strong heat wave spread across the central Asia. On Tuesday, June 30, the temperature in the capital city Ashgabat reached 47.2 °C (116.96 °F) , setting a record for the hottest June day ever measured.
    Turkmenistan's state meteorological service in the capital city Ashgabat said: "June 2015 was the hottest June since 1891 when records began. Daytime temperatures exceeded 40 °C (104 °F) in the shade 16 times".
    Many Muslims in the Caspian state, who are fasting in the honor of the holy month of Ramadan, are spending their time closed in air conditioned rooms, taking time off work. The streets of Kyzylorda were completely empty on Wednesday afternoon, when temperatures hit 42°C (107.6 °F) in the shade.
    Over 50 people fell victims to the heat wave in Tajikistan, among them three Russian soldiers who drowned in mountain rivers and lakes seeking some refreshment from the boiling conditions on streets.
    In Dushanbe, the capital city of Tajikistan, the temperatures are expected to rise above 40°C (104 °F), according to the country's meteorological service. A warning was also issued to take precautions for the mudflows that might form, as a consequence of high levels of glacial melt in the mountainous areas of the country.
    Featured image: Central Asia, weather condition on July 2, 2015. Image credit: NASA Aqua/MODIS

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:23 pm