Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

200 IS militants killed as Salahuddin province launches “preemptive” operations

jedi17
    jedi17

200 IS militants killed as Salahuddin province launches “preemptive” operations Empty 200 IS militants killed as Salahuddin province launches “preemptive” operations

Post by jedi17 Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:32 pm

200 IS militants killed as Salahuddin province launches “preemptive” operations

Salahuddin (IraqiNews.com) Two-hundred Islamic State militants were killed as officials in Salahuddin province said Friday they launched a “preemptive” offensive against the group.

The province’s statement said the offensive was codenamed “Revenge for the Martyrs of Iraq and Salahuddin”.

Samarra, Salahuddin, Iraq (Google Maps)

Salahuddin province, Iraq (google maps)
    Salahuddin has witnessed an escalation in IS attacks on deployments by Iraqi government forces and allied paramilitary troops al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units).

PMUs said Thursday they killed 14 IS members after an attempted attack on the city of Baiji, north of the province. The news came hours after six suicide bombers from the group were reportedly killed before carrying out an attack at the city.

On Wednesday, a violent attack by the Islamic State on Salahuddin’s city of Tikrit left 31 dead, including 14 policemen.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq says 1115 people, excluding security members, were killed and wounded in violence across Iraq during March.

Islamic State has stepped up attacks against civilians, security forces and allied paramilitary troops across Iraq since Iraqi government troops, backed by a U.S.-led coalition, launched an offensive in October to retake the city of Mosul, IS’s largest stronghold in Iraq. Observers say the attacks outside Mosul seek to make up for losses the group has sustained there.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 3:37 pm