Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Iraqi-Turkish diplomatic crisis

jedi17
    jedi17

New Iraqi-Turkish diplomatic crisis Empty New Iraqi-Turkish diplomatic crisis

Post by jedi17 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

New Iraqi-Turkish diplomatic crisis
    11:10 AM ADMIN

Baghdad/ Iraq TradeLink: The statement of Turkish president Recceb Tayyib Erdogan that the Iraqi popular mobilization forces are "just a terrorist group" constituted a "shock" among Iraqi political circles.

As a result, the Iraqi foreign ministry handed the Turkish ambassador Fatih Yildiz a memo of protest on this presidential statement.

Ambassador Yildiz assumed office last January, 2017.

Turkey is trying to have dominance in some of Iraqi northern areas, but the progress of the popular mobilization forces stirred its fears that Iran is indulging in the war in Iraq.

On the other side, the Shiite groups in Iraq are charging Erdogan of supporting the Jihadist groups and encouraging their operations in the country.

On the other hand, Iraqi Premier Haidar al-Ibadi is under pressures doe the existence of Turkish military bases in the north of Iraq.

These events foretell that a new diplomatic crisis is looming in the horizon with Turkey.
    The previous crisis took place in 2016 when Ankara refused withdrawing its forces from an area near Mosul city.

Some Iraqi Shiite groups threatened attacking the Turkish forces as a n "occupying force".

In that time, Iraq referred resorting to the UN Security Council to force Turkey to withdraw, while the latter insisted to participate in Mosul liberation battles.

Current date/time is Thu 23 May 2024, 2:28 pm