Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Saudi Arabia arrests 18 people after officially confirming Khashoggi's death after a quarrel

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Saudi Arabia arrests 18 people after officially confirming Khashoggi's death after a quarrel Empty Saudi Arabia arrests 18 people after officially confirming Khashoggi's death after a quarrel

Post by Rocky Sat 20 Oct 2018, 3:03 am

Saudi Arabia arrests 18 people after officially confirming Khashoggi's death after a quarrel

Saudi Arabia arrests 18 people after officially confirming Khashoggi's death after a quarrel NB-250420-636756111750581541

announced that the Saudi Attorney General Saud bin Abdullah Admirer, that the preliminary investigation in the case of the disappearance of the journalist, Jamal Khashoggi , showed his death, while 18 people have been arrested so far under investigation. 

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecutor's Office on the disappearance of Jamal bin Ahmed Khashoggi revealed that the discussions that took place between him and the persons he met during his stay at the consulate in Istanbul, To a quarrel and clashing hands with him, which led to his death. "
    "The Public Prosecution confirms that its investigations into this case are continuing with the detainees in the case, who are now 18 people, all of whom are Saudi nationals, in preparation for reaching all the facts and announcing them and holding all those involved in this case accountable." 

Saudi Arabia faces widespread international criticism over the disappearance of Khashoggi, who has criticized the kingdom's policies in many areas after entering his consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, on Oct. 2. 

Earlier, Turkish and Saudi authorities offered conflicting accounts of Khashoggi's whereabouts, which no one has seen since entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Ankara said he did not leave the building while Riyadh insisted he had left shortly after finishing work on his family condition.

Khashoggi was the editor-in-chief of the Saudi daily Al-Watan. He also served as adviser to Prince Turki al-Faisal, the former Saudi ambassador to Washington, but left the country after Prince Mohammed bin Salman was crown prince. 

The Saudi journalist has been in the United States for more than a year and since then has written articles in the Washington Post criticizing Saudi policies toward Qatar and Canada, the war in Yemen and dealing with the media and activists. 

On October 11, one of the closest advisors to the Saudi monarch, Prince of Mecca, Khalid al-Faisal, under the direction of King Salman, visited Turkey, during which Erdogan met, and the two sides agreed to form a joint task force to investigate Khashoggi's disappearance.

King Salman, who according to some media reports, decided to personally intervene to contain the crisis related to the fate of the Saudi journalist, the Attorney General of the Kingdom, launched an internal investigation based on the findings and conclusions of the Joint Task Force. 

A number of Western countries and organizations, led by the United States, Britain and the European Union, called on Riyadh to reveal the fate of Khashoggi, while Arab countries expressed their solidarity with Saudi Arabia in the face of threats to impose sanctions if proven involvement in the disappearance of the journalist. 

After Saudi Arabia announced the death of Gamal Khashoggi, the US senator said of the Republican Party that "as little as I can say I have doubts about the Saudi declaration of the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi." 

The White House expressed deep sorrow over the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, stressing at the same time that he would press for justice as soon as possible.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:17 pm