Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

"Excuse me, I am ashamed to comment." An Iraqi politician responds to his imprisonment

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

"Excuse me, I am ashamed to comment." An Iraqi politician responds to his imprisonment Empty "Excuse me, I am ashamed to comment." An Iraqi politician responds to his imprisonment

Post by Rocky Mon 05 Dec 2022, 6:42 am

"Excuse me, I am ashamed to comment." An Iraqi politician responds to his imprisonment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2022-12-04 12:40

Shafaq News/ Iraqi politician Mithal Al-Alusi commented, on Sunday evening, on the issuance of a court ruling of seven years in prison, on the grounds of "insulting the Federal Supreme Court" (the highest judicial authority in Iraq).

Al-Alusi wrote to Shafaq News agency, "The third Karkh Criminal Court in the capital, Baghdad, today issued its verdict in a case accusing me of insulting the judiciary."
    He added, "The Criminal Court has sentenced me to seven years in prison... Excuse me for being ashamed of my comment, and accept my respect and appreciation."
    Al-Alusi had apologized for appearing before the court, due to a health problem that forced him to leave the country for treatment, as he told Shafaq News agency.
    It is noteworthy that the Federal Ministry of Finance has issued an order to seize movable and immovable funds for Al-Alusi, since last July, against the background of the issuance of an arrest warrant against him on charges of insulting the Iraqi judiciary.
    Al-Alusi is a liberal Iraqi politician, known for his opposition to the main parties in Baghdad, and recently revealed the relations and meetings of prominent Iraqi politicians with Israeli officials.
    Despite Al-Alusi's participation in the political process in the country after 2003 and the formation of a party called the "Iraqi Umma Party", he has recently been directing sharp criticism towards it due to the deterioration of the service and living conditions, the spread of unemployment, and financial and administrative corruption in state institutions and departments.
    The Iraqi politician supported the widespread protests that broke out in the central and southern regions of the country in 2019, and considered the politicians of the Sunni and Shiite components who opposed the government to have failed to provide prosperity and a decent life for their masses.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 6:56 am