Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A new phase of the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil... an issue that goes beyond money and threaten

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A new phase of the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil... an issue that goes beyond money and threaten Empty A new phase of the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil... an issue that goes beyond money and threaten

Post by Rocky Fri 25 Aug 2023, 5:18 am

A new phase of the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil... an issue that goes beyond money and threatens the "federal entity"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad today - Baghdad
    Today, Thursday (August 24, 2023), a former member of the Finance Committee for the fifth session of the Kurdistan Region Parliament, Sabah Hassan, considered that Baghdad wants to reduce the constitutional value of the region.
    Hassan said in an interview with "Baghdad Today" that "there is a political attempt in Baghdad to detract from the constitutional entity of the Kurdistan region by imposing illegal conditions."
    He added, "The adoption of the oil and gas law will solve the most prominent outstanding problems between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government, but Baghdad's endeavor to impose its control over all Kurdistan's revenues is unattainable, since the region is a constitutional entity and has its own government, parliament and system."
    It is clear that the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil has entered a new phase different from its predecessors, as the matter has gone beyond the issue of controlling oil sector operations and exporting or receiving half of the non-oil revenues, as the differences are now revolving around the mechanisms of receiving and delivering money, as the region believes that these mechanisms threaten the entity of the region. as a federal district.
    Although the Kurdistan region "opened all the cards" and figures regarding all oil and non-oil revenues and expenditures before the Office of Financial Supervision, the problem with regard to non-oil revenues can be summed up in two points, the first is purely material, and the other is moral.
    The material point, according to what the information and statements reveal, is that Erbil is in agreement with Baghdad regarding the delivery of 50% of the revenues of the ports and customs, but Baghdad insists on receiving 50% of all non-oil revenues and even internal taxes from them.
    As for the moral clause, it is represented by the fact that Baghdad wants to receive all non-oil revenues and the revenues of the ports, and then return to send 50% of them to the governorates, including the governorates of the Kurdistan region, i. Erbil, and you see that it is a deal that "divides" the region into governorates, strengthens centralization and strikes at the idea of ​​a federal region.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:16 pm