Baghdad today published new controls to change the type of land from agricultural to residential[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Baghdad today - Baghdad
The Council of Ministers decided, today, Tuesday (November 7, 2023), during its forty-fifth regular session, headed by Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, to amend the controls for changing the type of land from agricultural to residential.
A statement from the Prime Minister’s Media Office, received by “Baghdad Today,” said, “ As part of the government’s solutions to solve the housing crisis, the Council agreed to complete (30) thousand housing units in the Bismaya residential complex, pay Hanwha Company’s dues for the completed housing units, and authorize the National Investment Authority.” To proceed with the implementation of the remaining 70,000 housing units, with mechanisms established after negotiation with the Korean Hanwha Company, with fundamental local and foreign financing.”
He added, “In the same regard, the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for Social Services (23028H) was approved, according to the following:
Amending the controls of Council of Ministers Resolution (320 of 2022) regarding changing the type of land from agricultural to residential, approved by Council of Ministers Resolution (23107 of 2023), according to the following:
1. Adding a paragraph to Clause (First) of the controls for implementing Council of Ministers Resolution (23107 of 2023), which includes the definition of the regular residential complex, and it is as follows:
Regular residential complex: It is a group of units built with fixed materials in separated blocks, with roads occupying no less than (30%) of the entire encroached plot of land, and the competent municipality is responsible for determining this.
2. Amending Paragraph (2) of Clause (First) of the regulations for implementing Council of Ministers Resolution (23107 of 2023) by deleting the phrase (non-profit) from the definition of the term public benefit, and replacing it with the phrase (and all prohibited things) so that the aforementioned paragraph will be read as follows:
Public benefit projects: These are projects designated for public services and all prohibitions, such as (police stations, fire stations, hospitals, schools, places of worship, water stations, sewage stations, prohibited rivers, railways, transportation, and electric power, and any other legal prohibitions).
The following was also approved:
1. Selling residential plots of land owned or registered in violation of the provisions of the law, whose title deeds were judicially invalidated and re-registered in the name of the owning entity to the last owner before the invalidation (in good faith) or his heirs.
2. The provisions of Paragraph (1) mentioned above apply to residential plots of land owned or registered in violation of the provisions of the law, on which disposal transactions took place, and whose title deeds were invalidated (consensually) and re-registered in the name of the owner.
3. Fees for the sale of plots covered by the provisions of this decision are estimated in accordance with the provisions of the Law on the Sale and Rent of State Funds, and the estimation reports are subject to the approval of the Minister of Construction, Housing, Municipalities and Public Works.
4. The Minister of Construction, Housing, Municipalities and Public Works may issue the necessary instructions; To facilitate the implementation of this decision, taking into consideration the opinion of the Legal Department in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers.
He continued: “Also, the Al-Amriya Residential Complex in Baghdad has been exempted from the declaration requirement stipulated in the amended Cabinet Resolution (245 of 2019), authorizing the Ministry of Construction, Housing, Municipalities and Public Works and the National Investment Authority with the authority to negotiate with the beneficiaries to establish the aforementioned project and grant it an investment license.” From the competent investment authority.