Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies

Lobo
    Lobo

Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies Empty Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies

Post by Lobo Fri 22 Jan 2016, 1:43 am

Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies Img70l
    Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies
    Broccolini with Garlic and Anchovies Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Developed by a Japanese seed company, broccolini, with its slim stems and small flowering heads, is a relatively new vegetable in the world kitchen. It is a cross between Chinese kale and broccoli, has a sweet flavor and requires only minimal trimming. Here, it is prepared in the style of southern Italy, with garlic, anchovies and capers. Ordinary broccoli can be used in its place. 

Ingredients:

• 2 bunches broccolini, each about 10 oz., stem ends trimmed 
    • Sea salt, to taste 
    • 2 Tbs. olive oil 
    • 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced 
    • Pinch of red pepper flakes 
    • 6 olive oil–packed anchovy fillets 
    • 2 Tbs. capers, rinsed and drained 

Directions:

Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil. Add the broccolini and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set side.

In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until the garlic is lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add the anchovies and capers and stir until the anchovies dissolve, 1 to 2 minutes.

Add the broccolini and stir gently to coat with the oil. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.

Transfer the broccolini to a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Italian by Michele Scicolone (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:59 am