Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+6
mochasmom
csd9013
weslin3
fonz1951
mbryan
Proven
10 posters

Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices

Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices - Page 2 Empty Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices

Post by Proven Mon 29 Dec 2014, 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices

December 24, 2014 17:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MP Aziz Ugaili

Iraqi fields :: Ali al-Saadi

Confirmed to the Committee on Energy and Oil parliamentary member Aziz Ugaili that raise zeros from the Iraqi dinar will not affect the low oil prices, the fact that specific prices in US dollars.

Ugaili said in a press statement that the value of the Iraqi Oil prices are in dollars but the lifting of the zeroes will lead to an increase in commodity prices in the country.

Ugaili ruled that the lifting of the zeroes from the Iraqi currency will be in the coming period specifically in the next year in 2015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices - Page 2 Empty Re: Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices

Post by mochasmom Mon 29 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

Yes indeed..we should be excited that they actually have a plan this time!
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices - Page 2 Empty Re: Ugaili: raise zeros will not affect oil prices

Post by wciappetta Mon 29 Dec 2014, 1:28 pm

csd9013 wrote:

"lifting of the zeroes will lead to an increase in commodity prices "

Should we be excited about this? I'm afraid "lifting" will not change value.

well it won't affect the price of oil [you quoted a misprint, it was meant to say "Not"] since as the author says it's priced in dollars... for example if oil was fifty dollars a barrel and we revalue to to $3.50 oil still costs $50 a barrel or 58,200 ID after the revalue that barrel in ID would be less than 15 ID ... reflecting a major increase the  currency value, the point of the report though is the timing... I get excited about that...
    csd9013
    csd9013

Post by csd9013 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

wciappetta wrote:

well it won't affect the price of oil [you quoted a misprint, it was meant to say "Not"] since as the author says it's priced in dollars... for example if oil was fifty dollars a barrel and we revalue to to $3.50 oil still costs $50 a barrel or 58,200 ID after the revalue that barrel in ID would be less than 15 ID ... reflecting a major increase the  currency value, the point of the report though is the timing... I get excited about that...
    Thanks, Ward.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 1:43 pm

mbryan I have no other choice but to wait..   ok      funny
    Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by Proven Mon 29 Dec 2014, 2:18 pm

mochasmom wrote:Yes indeed..we should be excited that they actually have a plan this time!
    Here is evidence of the plan in action:

The arrival of most of the governors and heads of provincial councils to Basra to participate in the coordination meeting tomorrow

Sunday 28 December 2014

Besides the presence of governors and heads of councils Media announced the Basra Governorate Council director Ali Yusuf, the arrival of most of the governors and heads of the provincial governors except for the Kurdistan region, in addition to the Minister of State for Provincial Affairs, this evening to Basra, to attend the coordination meeting of the Iraqi provinces, which will be held on Monday. He said Ali Youssef told Radio tow, "Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi awaits his arrival with the delegation accompanying him tomorrow morning to Basra for chairing the meeting."

This has imposed tight security devices and procedures prevalent thick of the elements of security, particularly in the center of Basra and around Basra International Hotel (Sheraton) and the roads leading to the airport.

The government spokesman Sabri Saad said in a press statement that the prime minister Haider al-Abadi will chair the meeting on Monday, as part of government's efforts to develop a common vision and reach a consensus on the contexts of the provinces claims.

He pointed out that "the meeting will talk about the benefits of maintaining the petro-dollar exchange rate and the release of part of the funds allocated in this regard, will also be investing file trading and opened the doors for investors, according to the government's steps in the activation of economic resources."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Mon 29 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

Yes!!!
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Mon 29 Dec 2014, 4:28 pm

Proven wrote:
    Yes you should be excited.   This is a clear indication that the lifting of zeros is not a redenomination.  A redenomination would have no effect on commoditiy prices.  Lifting zeros (currency value) will give Iraqis more money, thus increase demand for goods and services which will lead to price increases. 

My belief is that the price increases will occur as a result of investors flooding the country and buying up all oil related assets.  This will force the central bank to increase the exchange rate to compensate (for price increases) and place Iraqis on equal footing.  Atleast this was the plan as previously explained by Shabbi. 
    Yes it was!
    Draft138
    Draft138
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Post by Draft138 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

I'll be 50 on the 12th.  I'll take that as a b-day present! :)
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm

i'm excited,hoping,praying, but i aint gonna count my chickens just yet.
    csd9013
    csd9013

Post by csd9013 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:58 pm

fonz1951 wrote:i'm excited,hoping,praying, but i aint gonna count my chickens just yet.
    I'm right there with you. I'm afraid to get to excited because we have thought it was going to happen before and yet we are still waiting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 11:54 am