Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq Empty WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq

Post by Neno Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq
    March 14, 2015 by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[ltr]Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) UNWorld food program (WFP)urgently requires $45 million (54 billion Iraqi dinars) to continue its Emergency Operation in Iraq until June.[/ltr]
    [ltr]Elisabeth Byrs, WFP Senior Communications Officer , Geneva Spokesperson told a press briefing that the humanitarian situation in the cities of Samarra in Salah al-Din and Al-Baghdadi in Anbar is worsening.[/ltr]
    [ltr]WFP is sending 3,000 ready-to-eat-food rations, enough to feed 15,000 people for three days, to the besieged city of Al-Baghdadi in Anbar governorate, due to arrive on March 15, she revealed. Logistics teams on the ground have identified a safe route through Kerbala to reach Al-Baghdadi. /End/[/ltr]

[ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq Empty Re: WFP urgently needs $45m for Iraq

Post by Neno Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

That doesn't read well...
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:07 pm

i think this is an old article, or best i can tell it is.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

It is a city baghdadi was invading.
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm

guess i put my foot in my mouth; here's the best i could come up with.

The past week has seen a serious escalation in the conflict in Sinjar in Iraq’s Nineveh governorate. Hundreds of thousands of people, many of them women and children from minority groups, have been forced to flee their homes in the governorate of Nineveh. The number of displaced people across Iraq is now estimated at more than 1.2 million.

WFP Operations Overview
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before the latest wave of displacements, starting with the violence in Mosul, WFP was already assisting about 240,000 people displaced by conflict in Iraq’s al-Anbar Governorate, as well as more than 180,000 refugees from the conflict in Syria, who are sheltering in Iraq. ​
    The most suitable transport corridor currently is through Turkey and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) provinces of Dohuk and Erbil. WFP is looking at alternate transport corridors to facilitate easier access and shorter delivery time. For example, WFP is looking to establish new transport corridors to bring food into Iraq including a southern route through Kuwait. 

Aiming To Reach 1.2 Million Displaced People 

WFP is rapidly expanding its presence on the ground in Iraq, with a plan to reach 1.2 million people displaced by the recent conflict by early 2015. 
    Of those assisted by WFP since mid-June, most people (246,520) have received food parcels containing essential items such as rice and cooking oil. Each parcel feeds a family of 5 for one month. Another 59,443 individuals have received emergency ready-to-eat rations that include canned foods and provide relief for 3 days. Additionally, WFP’s new emergency field kitchens have supplied hot meals to 132,120 people since August 4.

Food Assistance Throughout The Country

Most of WFP food distributions for displaced families have taken place in three governorates in the KRG area – Erbil, Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah – where most of the needs are. WFP has also provided food assistance in 7 other governorates across Iraq: Nineveh, Salaheldin, Diyala, Babel, Kirkuk, Wassit and Najaf. It has also distributed food in shelters and camps outside Mosul city in Nineveh. WFP has acquired a warehouse in Dohuk to store its supplies and is establishing logistics hubs in Baghdad and Basrah to facilitate storage of food and transport arrangements. 
    Thanks for reading this story. Please tell others about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hunger can be eliminated in our lifetimes

This requires comprehensive efforts to ensure that every man, woman and child enjoy their Right to Adequate Food; women are empowered; priority is given to family farming; and food systems everywhere are sustainable and resilient.

[size=13]Follow World Food Programme on social networks

[/size]

2015 © World Food Programme

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:47 pm

Good post and yes, that 1.2 million has got to eat where ever they are holding refuge at...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 5:37 pm