Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Concern for Safety of Journalists in Nineveh

Lobo
    Lobo

Concern for Safety of Journalists in Nineveh Empty Concern for Safety of Journalists in Nineveh

Post by Lobo Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:09 pm

Concern for Safety of Journalists in Nineveh
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on September 3, 2015 in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq (SRSG) Ján Kubiš and UNESCO Representative to Iraq Axel Plathe are deeply concerned about the safety of journalists in Nineveh Governorate.

The recent assassination of media workers and the increased acts of intimidation, harassment and violence to which they are exposed, dramatically testify to the life threatening risks under which journalists work in the areas controlled by ISIS.

We pay tribute to those who gave their lives in service of the public’s right to information”, stated SRSG Kubis and UNESCO Representative Plathe, “and we condemn in the strongest terms any act of violence committed by ISIS against media workers, which only adds to the long list of abhorrent and intolerable violations of human rights the terrorist group perpetrates”, both also underlined.

It is of the utmost importance to uphold the right of media to report independently, without interference and in safety”, Kubis and Plathe stressed, reminding that ”the life of journalists and media workers must be protected and the perpetrators of all kinds of crimes against them must face justice”.Promoting the safety of journalists and combating impunity for those who attack them are central elements within the UN system’s support for the freedom of expression across all media platforms.”

(Source: UN)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 1:13 pm