Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A deputy reveals the contents of the first water strategy in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A deputy reveals the contents of the first water strategy in Iraq Empty A deputy reveals the contents of the first water strategy in Iraq

Post by Rocky Sun 12 May 2024, 5:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [size=52]A deputy reveals the contents of the first water strategy in Iraq[/size]
    • Today 10:41

Information/Baghdad
     , Member of the Parliamentary Agriculture and Water Committee, Representative Hussein Mardan, revealed on Sunday the contents of the first water strategy in Iraq.
    Mardan told Al-Maalouma, “The recurring water crises in Iraq cannot be limited to a specific factor, but rather are the result of the accumulation of interrelated factors, including climate variables and the decline in water flow from common rivers.”
    He added, "The committee is aware of the seriousness of the water issue and its strategic dimensions to societal stability, especially since 50% of the workforce depends on the activity of this sector."

He pointed out, “The committee presented a comprehensive vision to the Prime Minister, represented by an integrated strategy for the water management file, which includes important items and points, most notably accelerating the pace of lining rivers and streams, increasing the installation of modern irrigation systems, and changing the concept of traditional agriculture and transferring it to the dimensions of economic feasibility.”
    He stressed the need for "Iraq to move to modern irrigation principles to prevent the worsening of the raging crises in the water issue and to prepare for any emergency with the presence of severe climatic changes."
    In the past three years, Iraq witnessed a severe drought that affected most of the governorates, especially the southern and central ones. Ended 25 February

Current date/time is Fri 20 Sep 2024, 5:30 am