Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:31 pm

Game Night - Los Angeles Edition
    March 9, 2017, 11:11 AM ET [5 Comments]
    Nashville Predators 24Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Nas Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    After a difficult shootout loss to the Anaheim Ducks, the Predators are regrouping for a critical showdown with the LA Kings at Staples Center tonight. The Kings are fighting to get back into playoff position as they have gone 3-5-2 over their last ten and slipped to 5th in the Pacific Division and are 3 points out of the last Wild Card slot in the West. It is not an unusual situation for LA… they have certainly been here before. The Predators are looking to snap an ill-timed three game losing streak, points are at a premium here as the St. Louis Blues appear to have turned things around. 

Looking at Tuesday’s game, the Predators were roundly critical of their own performance… definitely a game where you can chalk up the point to an excellent performance from Pekka Rinne. Nashville needs to get back to the better game they were playing in their losses to Chicago and Montreal vs. the "start off strong then hope for the best" game from Tuesday. The Predators are also looking to avoid their first four game winless streak of the season.

Goaltending matchup… Who knows? The trade that brought Ben Bishop to LA certainly puts that into question, although… after four days off, the Kings will probably be going with Jonathan Quick. It will be the first time the Predators see him this season due to the star netmider missing 59 games with a groin injury. I would expect Rinne between the pipes for Nashville tonight, especially after his performance on Tuesday. More will be known after day-of-game skate.

Game time is 9:30 pm CT. Take your 5 Hour Energy and get ready for what looks to be a good one. Coverage begins with pregame at 8:30 pm on 102.5 the Game and the Preds Radio Network, 9pm on Fox Sports Tennessee. Game coverage gets going at 9:30pm.

--------------------------------------

ICYMI – Last night’s SlapShot Radio featuring the Voice of the Los Angeles Kings, Bob Miller.

-------------------------------------

Random Notes

Where We Stand – After yesterday’s play, the Nashville Predators have 74 points in 66 games played and remain 3rd in the Central Division, leading St. Louis by three points. The Blues have a game in hand on Nashville. Per sportsclubstats.com, the Predators playoff chances are at 84.5%.

Impact Game Warning - St. Louis is idle tonight… Calgary is in Montreal.

- I have been highly critical of overtime games this season, they had become boring and predictable… until Tuesday’s up-and-down affair with Anaheim. The most fun overtime I have seen all season.

- Ryan Ellis and PK Subban are proving to be lethal on the power play recently… Subban has set up Ellis for three power play goals over the last four games.

- I am curious to see the reaction from the Kings after being off since Saturday, although they have practiced two of those four off days.

- Ten games in the NHL tonight, all times CST – 6pm – NYR @ CAR. 6:30pm – PHI @ TOR, MIN @ TBL. 7:30pm – ANA @ CHI. 8pm – NJD @ COL, MTL @ CGY, OTT @ ARI. 9pm – NYI @ VAN. 9:30pm – WSH @ SJS, NSH @ LAK. 

------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

SSR’s season nine is on, our next show is Wednesday night at 7 on 102.5 the Game. SlapShot Radio is the longest running hockey show in the mid-south and Pete Weber and I bring you the best in hockey talk all season long. 

SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. Our premier sponsors include day one sponsor Dr. Jane Bacon at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry … make your appointment at (615) 872-7762, Mark Lonsway at ReMax Fine Homes, call him for all your real estate needs at (615) 207-7799, and TurfMasters… check out their great service at  TurfMasters.com.

Advertisers… reach out to me in order to access our activated listener base though great advertising deals available when you email me at paul(@)slapshotradio(dot)com

You can also keep up with all the goings on with SlapShot Radio by following the show on Twitter @SlapShotRadio1 … Also... make sure to "like" SlapShot Radio on Facebook... here's the link.

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 9:11 pm