Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Winnipeg Jets

jedi17
    jedi17

Winnipeg Jets Empty Winnipeg Jets

Post by jedi17 Sat 11 Mar 2017, 8:03 pm

Time for the Flames to Cool Off
    March 11, 2017, 3:15 PM ET [18 Comments]
    Peter Tessier
    Winnipeg Jets Win Winnipeg Jets Blogger • Winnipeg Jets Writer • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Calgary Flames are currently holding the top wild card spot in the west by 5 points and are only one point behind the Oilers for the 6th seed. They are also 9-0-1 in their last 10 games and it's high time they cooled off. 

The Jets, well they were hot but had their tails handed to them by the Penguins and are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. These are two teams likely going in different directions but yet there is still hope for the Jets, there is still a chance for them to make the post season. It's faint chance, as in dwarf star in a distant galaxy barely spotted but the Hubble Telescope but it's there.  

Today during the morning skate we saw some different looks. There were bound to be adjustments with the team as Enstrom is out with a concussion due to the egregious hit from behind by renowned skilled player Tom Sestito. Revenge served right?

Without the diminuitive Swede the Jets have moved Mark Stuart up to play with Byfuglien. Yes you read that right and have brought in the towering Julien Melchiori to shore up the third pair.

The forwards appeared to have some changes set for tonight as well as Thorburn was not skating in practice but could be a game time decision. According to Twitter and Scott Billeck Chiarot is a game time decision. The lines were as follows.

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler  
    Perreault Little Laine
    Copp Lowry Armia
    Matthias Petan Dano

Morrissey Trouba
    Stuart Byfuglien
    Melchiori Postma

Hellebuyck

Maurice had said that he felt it was important for Hellebuyck to get back in net and fight through as well as move past his last start. Okay, and I guess that shows how much faith he has in Hutchinson.

Elliot will start for the Flames.

I expect Trouba to get close to 30 minutes tonight and perhaps Morrissey too. I also expect Laine to score and I like the way the experience is spread between lines. Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler was a great trio at the end of last season and seeing as the Jets are right back where they were a year ago I see no reason not to get this group back together. The benefit of this combination could be that the puck savvy Perreault and Little could do wonders (or help) for Laine with the weaker areas of his game.  

The bottom six improves to with Petan over Thorburn and perhaps having him with Dano and the adaptable Matthias can give the Jets some needed scoring from the bottom. That's the hope right and frankly hope is about all that's left for the Jets when it comes to this season.

As for tonight do you feel that's a line up that can cool off the Flames? I guess anything is possible and more so if the guy between the pipes has his head on right. That last part is probably the one issue that needs the most attention from the player and the team.

Winnipeg Jets Orangebubble

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 8:37 pm