Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The US Congress is considering a new mandate for the war on terror

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The US Congress is considering a new mandate for the war on terror Empty The US Congress is considering a new mandate for the war on terror

Post by Rocky Mon 30 Oct 2017, 4:06 am

The US Congress is considering a new mandate for the war on terror

The US Congress is considering a new mandate for the war on terror Irq_1723100461_1509345675

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Members of the US Congress are looking into a new mandate to use military force to crack down on a militant organization and other militant groups in Congress's most important move in years to regain control of its constitutional right to declare war.

Foreign Secretary Rex Tillerson and Defense James Matisse will testify before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during a hearing on the administration's view on a new mandate for military force.

Congressmen have been arguing Republicans and Democrats for years that Congress has abdicated much of its authority over the deployment of US troops to the White House in the wake of the September 11 attacks. But there is also disagreement over how much control they should take from the Pentagon. For years, efforts to draft a new mandate using military force have been unsuccessful.

Under the constitution, Congress, not the president, has the right to declare war.

Fears increased this month after four US soldiers were killed in Niger. Some complained that the Pentagon did not provide enough information about the ambush.

"What happened in Niger and in Africa on a larger scale indicates a greater need for a new mandate to use military force," Democratic Sen. Tim Cain, a leading supporter of a new mandate, told reporters on Thursday after congressional officials gave a confidential briefing on the Niger operation. "The number of countries will surprise people." He said he would raise the issue during the meeting. Finished

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=85413

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 3:16 am