Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

An uproar in Iraq. Sarcasm and comic comment stop a talk show

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

An uproar in Iraq. Sarcasm and comic comment stop a talk show Empty An uproar in Iraq. Sarcasm and comic comment stop a talk show

Post by Rocky Wed 06 Apr 2022, 6:11 am

[size=47]An uproar in Iraq. Sarcasm and comic comment stop a talk show[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Iraqi army forces

[size=47]An uproar in Iraq. Sarcasm and comic comment stop a talk show

[/size]

Dubai- Alarabiya.net

Published in:Apr 06, 2022: 11:23 AM GSTLast updated:Apr 06, 2022: 11:52 AM GST

The suspension of a television program in Iraq sparked widespread controversy on social media platforms, as opinions were divided between a cynic and a supporter.
    After [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] broadcast on the private channel "UTV" owned by the son of the well-known Sunni politician in the country, Khamis al-Khanjar, the actor Iyad al-Tai, who started talking sarcastically about the sale of security positions, and the existence of corruption in military institutions, and touched in a humorous way for ten Minutes, to the issue of buying and selling some high-ranking positions and officers obtaining funds allocated to fake soldiers called "alien", the relevant authorities objected.

[size=47]
    The Media and Communications Commission decided to suspend the broadcast of the program, for insulting the army and its personnel.Program broadcast suspension[/size]

She also indicated that the broadcast that "causes a danger to the sectors of the Iraqi army and its cohesion in the field," calling for an apology and deleting that paragraph from all of the channel's social media sites and platforms.
    In turn, the Ministry of Defense considered in a statement yesterday, Tuesday, according to what was reported by AFP, that what was covered in the program, presented by the journalist Ahmed Mulla Talal, "offends the reputation of all the Iraqi army and erases all their sacrifices and heroism and what they made in order for all citizens to enjoy safety."

[size=47]"I will not apologize!"[/size]

On the other hand, Talal refused to apologize, saying in a tweet on his Twitter account yesterday, "I harassed a hornet's nest. We moved from the stage of corruption and failure to the stage of corruption and failure, muzzling and dictatorship, and the next is worse. I will not apologize for revealing part of the truth and I will not apologize to the corrupt."
    It is noteworthy that the Iraqi army is widely respected among Iraqis, especially after the victory over ISIS in late 2017, which prompted some to support the ban, unlike others.
    In this context, Ziad Al-Ajili, head of the Journalistic Freedoms Observatory, an Iraqi non-governmental organization concerned with defending the rights of journalists, told AFP, "We in Iraq do not allow the presenter of Buzan Ahmed Mullah Talal to criticize corruption in the military establishment."
    He also added, "The decisions of the Media and Communications Commission deal with corruption files as "sacred political" files that cannot be touched."
    While the journalist and satirist Ahmed Al-Bashir commented on the decision of the commission and the ministry, stressing in a tweet on his Twitter account that criticizing specific abusive cases does not mean criticizing the entire military establishment.
    It is noteworthy that accusations of corruption against officials and politicians are spreading in Iraq. This oil country is ranked 160 out of 180 among the most corrupt countries in the world, according to Transparency International.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rip534 and Diamond like this post

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 7:16 pm