Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Environment Minister: Iraq is a victim of global industrial activity, climate change, absurd wars, a

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Environment Minister: Iraq is a victim of global industrial activity, climate change, absurd wars, a Empty Environment Minister: Iraq is a victim of global industrial activity, climate change, absurd wars, a

Post by Rocky Fri 23 Jun 2023, 4:39 am

[rtl]Environment Minister: Iraq is a victim of global industrial activity, climate change, absurd wars, and the fight against ISIS terrorist gangs[/rtl]

policy  ,  06/22/2023 22:27  , Number of readings: 345 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[rtl]Baghdad-Iraq today:[/rtl]
    [rtl]The Minister of Environment, Eng. Nizar Amidi affirmed that Iraq is fully committed to implementing the provisions of international disarmament agreements in accordance with national and international mine action standards for humanitarian purposes. [/rtl]
    [rtl]This came during the participation of the Minister of Environment in the meetings of mine affairs directors in Geneva to discuss Iraq's efforts in dealing with mines and war projects with the advisors of the United Nations Mine Action Programme. [/rtl]
    [rtl]Indicating that Iraq has witnessed significant effects on the environment, represented by water scarcity, climate change, significant pollution in the air, water and soil, and a clear and frequent increase in dust storms. These effects resulted in an increase in desertification, a clear rise in temperatures and a lack of rain. [/rtl]
    [rtl]Explaining that all these effects have made Iraq one of the countries most vulnerable to environmental and climatic changes, noting that the issue of munitions and mine pollution has become an additional factor that complicates the environmental scene in Iraq and calls for a serious stand by everyone to get rid of this large amount of pollution and work to promote environmental improvement in Iraq. [/rtl]
    [rtl]Amidi indicated that the executive authority is working with the management of the National Mine Action Program in the Republic of Iraq (federal), namely the Ministry of Environment (the Department of Mine Affairs) and the Presidency of the Kurdistan Regional Government (the General Organization for Mine Affairs in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq) to complete the National Strategic Plan for Mine Action and it will be published on Everyone during this year to be the road map for our work.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The Minister of Environment confirmed the achievement of a meeting of the Supreme National Committee for Mine Affairs, which represents the highest authority in the Republic of Iraq (federal). This meeting issued important decisions aimed at supporting mine action, which would reduce the risk of this pollution. In addition, the executive authority is striving with the support of national partners. And international organizations to mainstream gender in mine action by training and deploying balanced teams for both sexes and giving them equal rights and opportunities. [/rtl]
    [rtl]He explained the implementation of the procedures that facilitated the victims and their families' process of good access to medical, therapeutic, rehabilitative and economic services, and the achievement of the executive authority's national standard for victim assistance in federal Iraq No. sustainable development and Iraq's vision for the year 2030.[/rtl]
    [rtl] This great effort is accompanied by the continuation of awareness campaigns for communities close to pollution, especially the places of the displaced returning to their homes, in order to protect lives from the danger of contamination with mines and ammunition and to avoid accidents. [/rtl]
    [rtl] Amidi expressed, on this occasion, his thanks and appreciation to the Geneva International Center for Humanitarian Destruction and the United Nations Mine Action Service for their support in the implementation of this plan.  [/rtl]
    [rtl]Ministry of Environment, 

Department of Awareness and Information, 

6/22/2023[/rtl]

[rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/rtl]
    [rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/rtl]

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:13 am