Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tomato and Feta Tart

Lobo
    Lobo

Tomato and Feta Tart Empty Tomato and Feta Tart

Post by Lobo Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:44 pm

Tomato and Feta Tart Img11l
    Tomato and Feta Tart
    Tomato and Feta Tart Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 4 to 6
    You don’t need to be an expert baker to make this tomato feta tart, which makes a beautiful centerpiece for a savory weekend brunch when served with a green salad and some fruit. Store-bought puff pastry dough is treated to a simple topping of tomatoes, cheese and herbs, and then baked until the dough is golden brown and flaky. It’s a perfect choice in August, when tomatoes are at their peak of ripeness, but at other times of year you can trade out the tomatoes for other seasonal vegetables and substitute your favorite cheese for the feta.

Ingredients:

• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, about 9 oz. (280 g), thawed according to the package directions
    • 1 cup (6 oz./185 g) ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
    • 8 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
    • 6 oz. (185 g) feta cheese, crumbled
    • 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper
    • 6 fresh thyme sprigs

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a 9-by-13-inch (23-by-33-cm) rectangle about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Transfer the rectangle to the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, prick the rectangle evenly all over. To create a border on the tart, fold over 1/2 inch (12 mm) of the pastry all the way around the edge.

Arrange the cherry tomato halves, sliced tomatoes and cheese evenly on top of the pastry rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with the oregano, season with salt and pepper, and top with the thyme sprigs.

Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a work surface. Cut the tart into pieces and serve. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Two in the Kitchen, by Christie Dufault and Jordan Mackay (Weldon Owen, 2012)

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:46 pm