Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Green Lentil Soup

Lobo
    Lobo

Green Lentil Soup Empty Green Lentil Soup

Post by Lobo Mon 08 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

Green Lentil Soup Img35l
    Green Lentil Soup
    Green Lentil Soup Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 40 minutes
    Servings: 6
    This warm, aromatic lentil soup has a nice subtle heat on the finish. The spiced browned butter adds a nutty and fragrant note to the dish.

Ingredients:

• 5 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
    • 5 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water, plus more as needed
    • 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 oz.) green lentils or green split peas, picked
        over and rinsed
    • 3/4 tsp. fine-grain sea salt, plus more, to taste
    • 1 Tbs. madras curry powder
    • 1/2 cup coconut milk
    • 1 bunch fresh chives, minced

Directions:

In a large pot over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the 5 1/2 cups stock, the lentils and 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 3 Tbs. butter and cook until it begins to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. When it starts to smell nutty and fragrant, stir in the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, until the spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.

When the lentils are done, remove from the heat, stir in the coconut milk and the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Puree the soup with an immersion blender. You can leave the soup a bit chunky if you like, or puree until it is perfectly smooth. Adjust the consistency as desired with more stock or water. Stir in half of the spiced butter and adjust the seasoning with salt.

Ladle the soup into warmed bowls, drizzle with the remaining spiced butter and sprinkle with the chives. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Super Natural Every Day, by Heidi Swanson (Ten Speed Press, 2011).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:54 am