Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nigeria to step up Naira-Yuan swap deal

Lobo
    Lobo

Nigeria to step up Naira-Yuan swap deal Empty Nigeria to step up Naira-Yuan swap deal

Post by Lobo Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:23 pm

Nigeria to step up Naira-Yuan swap deal Imf
    SM15 IMFC
    Posted By: Webmasteron: October 10, 2016In: Breaking News, Business & Finance, Highlights, News, Photo NewsNo Comments
    Print[email=?subject=Nigeria%20to%20step%20up%20Naira-Yuan%20swap%20deal&body=Nigeria%20to%20step%20up%20Naira-Yuan%20swap%20deal%20http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigeria-to-step-up-naira-yuan-swap-deal/] Email[/email]
    The lingering Naira-Yuan swap deal is set to be achieved as part of strategies to reduce the huge dollar demand and pressure on the local currency.
    Nigerian officials and those from China are currently meeting to fine tune the deal, CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, said.
    Emefiele gave the indication at the ongoing International Monetary Fund/World Bank Group yearly meetings in Washington DC.
    According to him, there is a lot of “networking meetings going on, and I can assure you that meetings are going on with some of our partners, particularly, China.”
    He said there would be positive outcome and noted that some of the meetings included the Managing Director of IMF as well as the World Bank Group, in an effort to achieve some of the objectives.
    “I believe in the course of time, we would achieve it. Nigeria happens to be one of the foremost countries in the world that adopted the Remimbi as a reserve currency.
    “We would work together with China, to ensure that we also get our fair share of the benefit from this arrangement,” he said.
    The deal was meant to assist in easing the pressure on Nigeria’s foreign exchange, foreign exchange reserve which has been declining rapidly. From a peak of over $50 billion during former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s era a few years ago, when crude oil was selling at over $100 per barrel, to the present low of about $25 b as oil price hovers around $50 per barrel.
    China has Yuan swap arrangements with 28 countries worldwide, including financially sound nations like the Kingdom of Great Britain and Australia.
    Basically, the Naira/Yuan currency swap would allow Nigeria borrow Yuan and lend naira for purchases from China by simply short circuiting the process of converting the Nigerian currency to dollar before further conversion of the dollar to Yuan.
    http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigeria-to-step-up-naira-yuan-swap-deal/?

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:13 am