Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Flames fall to Jets, waste opportunity to gain separation in standings

jedi17
    jedi17

Flames fall to Jets, waste opportunity to gain separation in standings Empty Flames fall to Jets, waste opportunity to gain separation in standings

Post by jedi17 Tue 10 Jan 2017, 6:31 pm

Flames fall to Jets, waste opportunity to gain separation in standings
    January 10, 2017, 11:35 AM ET [31 Comments]
    Todd Cordell

The Calgary Flames were in Winnipeg last night looking to separate themselves from the Jets, among other teams, with a win.

They were unable to do just that as they put forth a sloppy effort and the Jets made them pay.

A few notes: 

1) Numbers wise, it was a pretty good game from T.J. Brodie. He played almost 20 minutes at 5v5 and the Flames out-attempted, outshot and out-chanced the Jets when he was on the ice.

His game wasn't easy on the eyes, though, especially in the 3rd period. Brodie turned the puck over a few times, one of which led directly to a goal, he lost his stick twice, was on the receiving end of a big hit, and pretty much every shift in the 3rd was an adventure for the wrong reasons. Kind of summarizes the Flames' game as a whole, doesn't it?

2) The 4th line played at a surprisingly high level on Monday night. They accounted for a few hits and dominated possession from the word go despite starting just one shift in the offensive zone. Matt Stajan, for example, spent 2:45 against Dustin Byfuglien at 5v5. In that time the Flames out-attempted the Jets 7-0 and out-chanced them 4-0. It was a weird game.

Current date/time is Mon 30 Sep 2024, 1:23 am