Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

San Jose Sharks

jedi17
    jedi17

San Jose Sharks  Empty San Jose Sharks

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm

Will the real San Jose Sharks please stand up? + Wingels traded to Sens
    January 24, 2017, 6:12 PM ET [5 Comments]
    Steve Palumbo
     San Jose Sharks  Sj San Jose Sharks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    For the first 40 games of the season the San Jose Sharks seemed to be in some kind of malaise. Some kind of funk - a possible Cup hangover? Maybe. What ever you want to call it - make no mistake - it was holding the team and its offense back from reaching its potential.

For a while there the Sharks looked less like a Cup contender and more like a team more interested in cheesy promotions and beard length. (The beard thing is growing thin with me.)

The Sharks are still the best at promoting their cheesy promotions and their beard length but they've added consistent winning hockey back into the mix. 

Since snapping a three-game losing streak (0-2-1) with a 6-3 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 7, the Sharks have won seven of nine games (7-2-0) and have scored at least five goals in a game four times. Something they failed to accomplish until that win over Detroit.

It's like a switch has been flipped on the Sharks offense and as expected the winning followed right along.

San Jose is in the midst of season-high five game win streak, following last nights 5-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche. At 30-16-2, the Sharks are one of just three Western Conference teams with 30 wins this season (MIN, CHI). They still trail the Anaheim Ducks by a point for the Pacific Division lead but they do have two games in hand.

For all that ailed them early on, it appears the Sharks are back on top of their game and it's all coming together at the perfect time. I was beginning to wonder if the real San Jose Sharks were ever going to stand up and be counted. 

Patrick Marleau and the chase for 500. 

In case you live on Mars you may have missed the show put on by the longest tenured Shark last night. Marleau become the 12th player in league history to scored four goals in one period and the first since Mario Lemieux did it in 1997 (Marleau's rookie year). 

The four goal outburst put Marleau's goal count at 497. For a while there it looked like he would never score another goal - but he broke out in a big way - He is right back on track in the chase for 500. 

Sharks make a move - 

Tommy Wingels was traded to the Ottawa Senators for forwards Buddy Robinson and Zach Stortini, and a seventh-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.

We knew that Wingels days in the organization were numbered, especially with the emergence of some of the Sharks younger forwards. 

General Manager Doug Wilson confirmed this with the comments he made following the deal. 

"As a team evolves and younger players push for roster spots, unfortunately tough decisions have to be made. We wish Tommy and his wife, Molly, nothing but success in the future.
    [size]
    "

Wingels, an 8th round pick in 2008, had 122 points (51g, 71a) and 197 penalty minutes in seven seasons as a Shark. 

Matt Nieto was another victim of the Sharks youth movement. He was waived earlier in the month and claimed by Colorado. 

Something tells me these won't be the last moves we see Wilson and the Sharks make. [/size]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 1:13 am