Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Raising Kurdish flag in Kirkuk stirs arguments

jedi17
    jedi17

Raising Kurdish flag in Kirkuk stirs arguments Empty Raising Kurdish flag in Kirkuk stirs arguments

Post by jedi17 Fri 17 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

Raising Kurdish flag in Kirkuk stirs arguments
    4:34 AM ADMIN
    Baghdad/ Iraq TradeLink: In the first Turkmen comment on raising the Kurdish flag on governmental

establishments in Kirkuk, beside the federal Iraqi flag, MP Hassan Tourn pointed that the provincial administration "committed a constitutional mistake", stressing that the boundaries of the Kurdish region was set in a law and "Kirkuk is not part of it".

"Kirkuk is a province which is not connected with a region but attached to the center, Baghdad", he confirmed.

MP Touran added that Kirkuk province is one of the disputed parts with the Kurdish region, according to Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution.

On 14 March, 2017, Kirkuk governor Najm al-Deen Kareem directed the provincial council to raise the Kurdish flag beside the Iraqi flag on governmental establishments.

Some other voices uttered stands against this move, but the central government kept silent at this stage.

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 11:35 pm