Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Columbus Blue Jackets

jedi17
    jedi17

Columbus Blue Jackets  Empty Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

Post Battle #75 vs. the Buffalo Sabres
    March 29, 2017, 12:03 PM ET [2 Comments]
    Paul Berthelot
    Columbus Blue Jackets Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Final Score: Blue Jackets 3 – Sabres 1

Game Summary

For the third straight game the Jackets played poorly but were able to pick up points, thanks to the fantastic play of Sergei Bobrovsky. Over their last 10 games the Jackets have been above a 50% Corsi just three times, one of which was the 5-2 loss to the Jackets. They have had five games under 50% and and another two under 40%. This is one of the worst stretches of the season and is an alarming trend for a team entering the playoffs. You know things are bad when Buffalo puts up 40+ shots.

As Jackets have come to know however, Bobrovksy is the great equalizer. He's had to make 35+ saves in each of his last four starts. This is what Bobrovsky is here to do, but it’s not a great strategy to continually have your goalie bail you out game after game. Once in a while you expect your goalie to steal you a game, but not four games in a row like this. The problem arises when that goalie starts to dip, we’ve seen it this season with Carey Price and were seeing it right now with the Wild and Devan Dubnyk, when the goalie dips the team dips. The Jackets cannot afford to have a dip in the playoffs or it will be real short.

Kyle Quincey got the scoring underway with his first goal as a Jacket. He is fresh off of recording his first point as a Blue Jacket and now has points in back to back games.

Cam Atkinson scored what would be the eventual game winner. His 34th of the season came off of an incredible pass from Seth Jones.

Jones does everything on the play here. He takes the puck through the neutral zone, gets a controlled zone entry, and then with four players converging on him he holds his composure and gets the puck over to Atkinson who roofs it.

Brandon Saad added an empty netter late to seal it.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:26 am