Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Wed 12 Apr 2017, 1:04 pm

Western Conference Look and Tonight's SlapShot Radio.
    April 12, 2017, 11:02 AM ET [4 Comments]
    Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The playoffs are here! I went through the Eastern Conference yesterday; the Western Conference today and then the Predators / Blackhawks series on Thursday. Also, the SlapShot Radio Playoff Preview is tonight at 7pm central on 102.5 the Game. Let’s get going…

The Western Conference is wide open, counter to those who are just giving it to a vulnerable Chicago team… let’s get going with the West.

Anaheim vs Calgary – The Ducks finished the season as one of the hottest teams in the NHL. Calgary hasn’t won in Anaheim since 2004 and have lost both previous playoff meetings. The Ducks hold the edge n goaltending and forwards, the Flames have a slight edge on defense since Mork Giordano’s knee-on-knee hit on Cam Fowler. This series could get ugly if the emotion of that injury carries over to this series.
    X-Factor – The Flames’ rookie, Matthew Tkachuk has turned into a top notch pest, not afraid to run his mouth and be outrageous. If he gets under the Ducks skin, it could turn the series to Calgary’s advantage.
    How Can the Underdog Win? - Find a way to break a 25 game losing streak in Anaheim… how? Beats me…
    Prediction - Ducks in 5.

Edmonton vs San Jose – Youth vs. Experience… Old Guard vs New Guard. Can San Jose right the ship that listed so badly in the last few weeks of the regular season? Can Edmonton finally live up to the expectations after years and years of number one draft picks and failure in the regular season. This is one helluva way to finish the inaugural season of Edmonton’s new arena.
    X-Factor – Logan Couture. The Sharks cannot win this series without him. His status since taking a puck to the face in Nashville a few weeks back. If the Sharks get him back early in this series, they may be able to survive.
    How Can the Underdog Win? - San Jose is the underdog, they Couture back, Thorton can play and they get back to playing hard, gritty hockey, they can win the series.
    Prediction - Edmonton uses its speed to its maximum advantage and wins in seven.

Minnesota vs St. Louis – Ghosts to be exorcised in this one, especially if it goes seven. MInnesota was fighting off a swoon late in the season, especially in the performance of Devan Dubnyk, St. Louis feasted on cupcakes as they went 14-3-3 in their last 20, only playing five of those against playoff teams. Minnesota rattled off four straight wins to end the season.
    X-Factor – The “cupcake” schedule. How does the schedule St. Louis played impact their early performance in the playoffs? Depends on which theory you subscribe to… some say the record overrides the competition, others say the competition played is more important. We will find out which theory is more valid over the next week or so.
    How Can the Underdog Win? - The Blues are the lower seeded team here… they will need excellent goaltending from Jake Allen and solid defense from a blueline that found its way late in the season.
    Prediction - Minnesota in six, unless Dubnyk falters…

My preview of Preds/Blackhawks is tomorrow… SlapShot Radio’s Playoff Preview with Yahoo.com’s Josh Cooper, long time Toronto writer Howard Berger and Chicago broadcaster Troy Murray is tonight at 7pm on 102.5 the Game, please join Pete Weber and me for some great hockey talk.

--------------------------------------

Playoff Status

Eastern Conference

Washington vs Toronto – Series begins tomorrow in Washington

Montreal vs New York – Series begins tonight Montreal

Ottawa vs Boston – Series begins tonight in Ottawa

Pittsburgh vs Columbus – Series begins tonight in Pittsburgh

Western Conference

Chicago vs Nashville – Series begins tomorrow in Chicago

Anaheim vs Calgary – Series begins tomorrow in Anaheim

Minnesota vs St. Louis – Series begins tonight in Minnesota

Edmonton vs. San Jose – Series begins tonight in Edmonton

--------------------------------------

Playoff Random Notes

- The Predators practice today at 11am and will then head to Chicago for Games 1 and 2.

- On the injury front, it does look like Chicago’s Artem Arnisimov is going to be back by Game 1. He suffered a leg injury in mid-March

- Questions still swirling about the availability of Colin Wilson and Call Jarnkrok

- The coaching carousel turns again and Ken Hitchcock is heading back to Dallas as their bench boss.

- Five games in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs tonight, all times CST – 6pm - NYR @ MTL (NBCSN), BOS @ OTT (NHLN), 6:30pm – CBJ @ PIT (USA). 8:30pm – STL @ MIN (NBCSN). 9pm – SJS @ EDM (USA).

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 2:42 am