Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+4
Neno
Screwball
jacksmack
Rocky
8 posters

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis  Empty Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

Post by Rocky Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

By Adel Kadhem

Azzaman, July 9, 2013

Iraq’s financial capabilities are stronger than any challenges the country might be facing, said Deputy Governor of the Iraqi Central Bank Abdulbasit Turki.

“The near future will be a surprise … our potentials are greater than any challenges we are going to face,” Turki said.

Turki made the remarks during a celebration marking the 10th founding anniversary or Iraq’s Commercial Bank.

Turki took over the Central Bank’s administration almost 10 months ago, following a period in which the bank’s former leadership was alleged to have pursued policies detrimental to the country’s economy and the exchange rate of its national currency, the dinar.

Iraqi Central Bank’s coffers are reported to be brimming with hard cash with reserves estimated at more than $70 billion.

Turki said the short period in which he has been at the helm of the country’s most influential financial institution has provide him with evidence that Iraq will overcome its economic difficulties with great leaps forward in the near future.

He did not elaborate, but hinted that his bank was negotiating with international banking institutions to open branches in the country and at the same time encourage foreign investment.

“We have met delegations from some of the world’s largest banks who are willing to start operating in Iraq,” he said.

Turki said his institution wants to turn Iraq into an arena for investment, particularly by foreign firms and entrepreneurs to rebuild its infrastructure.

“Iraq is open to all investors willing to invest in it and reconstruct its institutions,” he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jacksmack
    jacksmack
    Understood Investor
    Understood Investor

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis  Empty Re: Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

Post by jacksmack Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 pm

"near future" I wonder if that is an upgrade from "Soon"?
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis  Empty Re: Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

Post by Screwball Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep smack near is our new soon! Only 70 billion Turku taken 10 billion already for his share!
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 pm

He did not elaborate, but hinted that his bank was negotiating with international banking institutions to open branches in the country and at the same time encourage foreign investment.  “We have met delegations from some of the world’s largest banks who are willing to start operating in Iraq,” he said.  Turki said his institution wants to turn Iraq into an arena for investment, particularly by foreign firms and entrepreneurs to rebuild its infrastructure.  “Iraq is open to all investors willing to invest in it and reconstruct its institutions,” he said.
    Lots of exciting words here.. ;)
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 pm

like taking a busload of kids into a candy store with no money. jeez people, quit baiting us and just do it!
    lauree
    lauree
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by lauree Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Since this is an article from early July I am not holding out a lot of hope for "soon"
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Exciting doesn't buy me an Audi!
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Actually near future defined as very soon!
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 pm

lauree wrote:Since this is an article from early July I am not holding out a lot of hope for "soon"
    It is the Middle east so you have to read from the Middle first, then back and maybe forward. There is a trick to the trade... ;)
    wayoutnow
    wayoutnow
    DieHard Investor
    DieHard Investor

Post by wayoutnow Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 pm

I just close my eyes and use the force !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm