Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Organizing a management workshop for protected areas and Marshlands

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Organizing a management workshop for protected areas and Marshlands Empty Organizing a management workshop for protected areas and Marshlands

Post by Rocky Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:06 am

Organizing a management workshop for protected areas and Marshlands

08/8/2017 12:00 am

Basra / Al-Sabah
    Shell Iraq Petroleum Development Company - Majnoon Oil Field Operator - IUCN held an awareness workshop on protected area management
    The Marshlands.
    It is one of the largest river delta systems in the world, located in a very dry and high temperature environment. In July 2016, UNESCO recognized the Marshlands and a number of other sites as
    World Heritage Sites  .
    Shell has signed a global contract with IUCN and Wetlands organizations to train local government officials and partners in protected area management, covering several topics, such as appropriate mechanisms, species management and monitoring.
    "Shell's global vision is to reduce the burning of gas and achieve more value and returns for the countries in which we operate, while ensuring minimal impact on the environment," said Ahmed Attallah, General Manager of Shell Iraq Petroleum Development Company.
    To achieve this goal, Shell Iraq organized this workshop with the IUCN to emphasize the importance of managing protected areas for our partners and local government officials. "To the importance of these topics in our management and operation of the field we have installed many devices around the Majnoon field to monitor and monitor air quality between Communities. "The IUCN workshop trainer said:" Shell Iraq and IUCN have worked together over the past six months with several government authorities to organize this workshop, which aims to provide the necessary training to manage the Effective protected areas ".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 7:38 am