Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Independent: British companies win over killing children in Yemen

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Independent: British companies win over killing children in Yemen Empty Independent: British companies win over killing children in Yemen

Post by Rocky Wed 20 Sep 2017, 4:02 am

Independent: British companies win over killing children in Yemen

The Independent newspaper reported to the press that the British government had been forced to defend the arms trade, amid evidence of war crimes and killings of civilians in Yemen.
    The paper reveals that British arms companies have earned more than 6 billion pounds of trade with Saudi Arabia during the war in Yemen, according to a new study.
    The report, citing the UK's Wor Child Foundation, said the real income from dealing with the Gulf states was twice as high as previously estimated, although the public fund through corporate taxes is only £ 30 million.
    Derrin points out that the charity accuses arms manufacturers, such as BAE Systems and Raytheon, of profiting from the killing of innocent children by selling arms to the Saudi-led coalition, accusing it of war crimes and killing thousands of civilians, Through its air raids against the Houthis.
    The report quotes WarCo Child's adviser on conflict and humanitarian affairs as saying that Britain not only sells weapons to Saudi forces but also maintains them, noting that the estimated imports from current subsidies have raised the estimated income to more than 3.6 billion announced The campaign against arms trade last week.
    "We want to see constructive international trade, but this trade is harmful," Bloom told the paper. "This income must be seen in the context of the other costs of this whole trade, especially our international reputation, especially in the field of human rights."
    There is a "lack of transparency" about the extent to which British companies are involved, amid a global weakness in protecting children in conflict areas, including Yemen, Syria and Iraq, and worries that the UK is "less careful" Brixet.
    According to the report, BAE Systems and Raytheon were among the exhibitors at the Arms Show held in London last week, which was supported by government ministers and senior military leaders, noting that International Trade Minister Liam Fox defended "ethical" trade Told the attendees that the licensing system in the UK meant that exports were legal and the UK did not violate international laws.
    British Defense Secretary Sir Michael Fallon spoke the next day about his vision of increasing the UK's share of the international defense market after the brix, Fallon said. The UK secured £ 5.9 billion in 2016, the world's second-largest arms exporter.
    The newspaper said Wild Child said there was a disparity between the economic benefit of the British people versus the profits earned by private companies within the arms industry, estimated at nearly 600 million pounds sterling, and found that the tax income is estimated at 45 pence per person, a small figure if Compared to salaries and increases, and compared with the government's aid to Yemen.
    "Arms sales to Saudi Arabia generated 13 million pounds of taxes in 2016, but in 2017, the UK spent £ 139 million in humanitarian aid, which means the Ministry of Finance spends more on aid," the report quoted a Wild Child spokesman as saying. Four times than you take taxes. "
    Deirden says the government has repeatedly had to defend the arms trade, amid evidence of war crimes and killings of civilians in Yemen. Saudi bombing campaigns make the hunger and cholera crisis worse. The evidence found at the sites suggests that With British weapons manufacturing, including the smart laser-guided Biffoy 4, manufactured by Raytheon in Fife, Scotland.
    The newspaper reveals that it is estimated that during the two years of the war in Yemen killed about 1,300 children, wounded 2000, and attacked 212 schools, destroyed medical clinics, and suffer millions of famine and cholera.
    "The first missile fell on the hospital gate, the sound was scary, I saw the bodies of the people, and I was killed," said the 12-year-old boy, who was killed in an air strike in northern Yemen. My father, I was afraid of myself and fled to the mountains. "Sameer, 10, told War Child that he left for school near Sanaa before his brother. When he returned to the house, the house was destroyed and everyone inside was killed.
    Saudi Arabia last year was blacklisted by the United Nations for serious abuses of children, but was removed from the list after protests from the Saudi government.
    According to the newspaper, members of parliament and humanitarian organizations called on the British government to stop the sale of arms to Riyadh, but the government won a court case filed by the campaign against the arms trade in July, noting that the Supreme Court ruled that the trade did not go beyond the law; The Saudi-led coalition deliberately targets civilians, while investigating alleged civilian casualties.
    The report quoted Judge Lord Burnett as telling the court that there was no "clear risk that the material could be used to commit serious violations of international humanitarian law." The government has repeatedly expressed its support for Saudi Arabia's role in Yemen, Rabbo Mansour Hadi against the Huthis and the forces loyal to the former president.
    "It is morally repugnant for the UK government to allow companies to make huge profits by killing innocent children, killing thousands of children and millions are at risk," said Dardenne, quoting War Child Executive Director Rob Williams. "It is shameful that The British government is a partner in their suffering, and this is justified by promises of economic recovery, which proves this report is not true.
    "The British government takes its responsibility for its defense exports very seriously and operates within the most robust export control system in the world. We study each export request separately and evaluate it based on export standards," the Independent said. National and European. "

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:30 am