Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt Empty IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt

Post by Rocky Sat 14 Oct 2017, 3:00 am

[size=30]IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt[/size]
    14/10/2017 10:03 | Number of readings:
    font size:  IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt Font_decrease  IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt Font_enlarge
     IMF praises economic reforms in Egypt Thumbnail.php?file=lvl2k20170926073421_627332388
    [rtl]Trend Press / Agencies[/rtl]

[rtl]The head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission in Egypt praised the economic reforms implemented by the Egyptian government and said it had "started a very strong start."[/rtl]
    [rtl]"The measures taken by the authorities were bold, and we agree that imbalances that impede growth and job creation should be reversed," Lal said on Saturday.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The IMF said in a report that the results were positive although Egypt had asked for some targets to be released in June and had seen a larger-than-expected decline in the currency.[/rtl]
    [rtl]But the IMF said inflation remained a threat to stability, adding that "if sustained and sustained inflation could pose a threat to macroeconomic stability, it could also hamper the credibility of the new monetary policy framework."[/rtl]
    [rtl]Inflation in Egypt hit its highest level in 30 years in July after raising fuel prices under the fund agreement.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The IMF forecast that the country's current account deficit would fall to 4.6% of GDP in fiscal year 2017-2018 and 3.8% in 2018-2019.[/rtl]
    [rtl]He added that the initial budget deficit is expected to reach 1.8% of GDP, which exceeds the target level of the program of 1%.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The fund said the funding gap in Egypt's budget for 2017-2018 is $ 2 billion after the latest installment of the loan, noting that the government has assurances about funding for the period.[/rtl]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:35 pm