[size=36]Central Command: 11 American soldiers were wounded in the Iranian attack on Ain al-Assad base[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The US military said on Friday that 11 American soldiers were treated for symptoms of concussion as a result of the Iranian missile attack on January 8 on a base in Iraq where American forces are stationed.
The army had initially said that there were no injuries to the soldiers.
"While no American military personnel were killed in the January 8 Iranian attack on Ein al-Assad air base, many symptoms of concussion due to the blast have been treated and their cases are still being evaluated," Captain Bill Urban, a spokesman for the US Central Command, said in a statement.
He added that with the aim of preventive measures, 3 soldiers were transferred to Arifjan camp in Kuwait, and 8 others to Landstuhl hospital in Germany.
The statement also stated that medical personnel conducted comprehensive checks on everyone, far from the site where the explosion occurred, while some cases were transferred to a higher level of care for preventive reasons.
The statement concluded that US service members are scheduled to return from Germany and Kuwait to Iraq as soon as medical examinations are completed to prevent any complications that may be caused by any explosion near the base.
Up to 1,500 Americans are deployed at the vast Ain al-Assad base, deep in the Iraqi desert of Anbar.
At the time of the attack, most of the American soldiers at the base had been holed up in shelters after receiving warnings from their superiors.
According to previous reports of the American army, the Iranian strike caused great material damage, but no casualties.
Even US President Donald Trump also announced in the morning after the missile strike that "no Americans were injured in last night's attack."