Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

What is behind the Pentagon's retreat from the phrase "Iranian-backed militias" in favor of "Shiite-

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

What is behind the Pentagon's retreat from the phrase "Iranian-backed militias" in favor of "Shiite- Empty What is behind the Pentagon's retreat from the phrase "Iranian-backed militias" in favor of "Shiite-

Post by Rocky Sat 06 Mar 2021, 11:14 am

What is behind the Pentagon's retreat from the phrase "Iranian-backed militias" in favor of "Shiite-backed"?
    [size=11]Date of publication: 06.03.2021 | 16:26 GMT |[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Reuters Carlos Barria

The Pentagon is facing criticism for retracting its use of the term "Iranian-backed militias" in favor of "Shiite-backed militias."
    The American magazine "Newsweek" indicated that this new phrase came from the Pentagon spokesman John Kirby during a press briefing held last Wednesday, to classify the factions that the United States considers responsible for the recent missile attack on the Ain al-Assad base in Iraq, which killed an American civilian contractor. Life as a result of a heart attack.
    In this brief, Kirby said, "It appears to be a missile attack, and we have previously seen missile attacks by Shiite-backed militias ... We have been talking openly and frankly for a long time about the risks arising from these missile attacks carried out by some of the Shiite-backed militias."
    This unusual phrase attracted the attention of journalists during the briefing, and one of them asked the spokesman whether he meant "Iranian-backed militias," but Kirby interrupted him by saying: "I mean the Shiite-backed militias."
    In response to a request for clarifications, Kirby said that he has often used this phrase since assuming his current position, adding: "We know that some Shiite-backed militias have Iranian support."
    And "Newsweek" pointed out that some observers specialized in Iran affairs on "Twitter" suggested that this new phrase represents a change in the policies of President Joe Biden's administration, while some experts criticized this phrase, describing it as "strange" and reflecting an attempt to cover up Iran's alleged role in Attacks on US forces in Iraq.
    Source: "Newsweek"
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 9:25 pm