Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Environment: Completing about 60% of the mine file in the country

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Environment: Completing about 60% of the mine file in the country Empty Environment: Completing about 60% of the mine file in the country

Post by Rocky Sun 27 Aug 2023, 5:02 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Environment: Completing about 60% of the mine file in the country[/size]

[size=45]Yesterday, Saturday, the Ministry of Environment announced that 4,600 km of mines had been cleared, while it indicated that the sweeping torrents of mines did not represent a major threat. Observers believe that ending more than half of the mine file is a remarkable progress, pointing out that the spread of mines impedes investment in Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]The Director General of the Department of Mine Affairs in the Ministry, Sabah Al-Husseini, said in a statement to the Iraqi News Agency, followed by (Al-Mada), that “the amount of pollution in Iraq is large, because many wars have passed since the sixties, leading to the terrorist ISIS,” noting that “the size and diversity of pollution is not comparable to anything.” .[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Husseini added, "The mines that have been removed from the lands amounted to more than 59 percent, with tremendous efforts and great determination."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out, "The ministry is working with its partners in the national effort, the Ministries of Defense and Interior, the Border Forces and the Popular Mobilization Forces, since all Iraqis agree on the seriousness of this file and the need to address it."[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Husseini stated, "We want the villages of Iraq to be cultivated safely and for our investment projects to find a land free of threats."[/size]
    [size=45]He explained, "The land that is still contaminated with mines is 2,100 km, which is the remaining area of ​​the 6,700 area."[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Husseini went on to say that "the torrential rains do not represent a great threat to mines, because they can be identified within our new maps in limited areas of slopes that have large water," pointing out that "the change of mine locations is not for large areas."[/size]
    [size=45]For his part, political researcher Ali al-Baydar said in a press interview, "There is no doubt that this is an important development in the context of addressing the problem of mine pollution in Iraq, which dates back to the eighties and nineties of the last century."[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Baydar continued, "The polluted areas pose an imminent danger to the population, especially farmers and herders."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out that "the spread of minefields and war remnants impedes the movement of investment and construction in many areas, especially the border ones, many of which are rich in natural and mineral resources."[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Baydar finds that “cleansing more than half of the polluted areas is a big step, and it is necessary to proceed with the cleansing of the remaining ones, with the help of international expertise and experience in this field, which will support the national efforts and increase their effectiveness and returns.”[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out, "It is not possible to postpone fully addressing this bleeding file, which casts gloomy shadows on the entire Iraqi scene, and disturbs the climate of security, stability and development, in addition to that it constitutes a black page that reminds Iraqis of wars and bloody eras that have drained and exhausted them."[/size]
    [size=45]Environment Minister Nizar Amidi stated in a previous statement that “the prime minister and his government pay great attention to the issue of the environment in general, and for the first time financial allocations are included for environmental projects and mine affairs.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "The budget was approved for three years, and sufficient funds were secured for the years 2023-2024-2025 within the budget to remove mines and clear lands."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out, "Iraq has started launching large development projects and is determined to provide a safe environment to attract internal and external investment, and we have partners from the Ministries of Defense and Interior and the Popular Mobilization Forces."[/size]
    [size=45]Amidi confirmed that there are “international organizations that support Iraq’s efforts according to the Iraq International Agreement, and the Geneva Center supports technically and logistically, as well as Germany, Canada and many countries through organizations interested in humanitarian issues.”[/size]
    [size=45]He stated, "Iraq has a demining program within the Supreme National Committee for Demining, which the Prime Minister authorized us to chair with the presence of all national partners, including the Kurdistan region."[/size]
    [size=45]Amidi concluded, “The Kurdistan region has a long-standing institution in mine affairs and has great achievements and trained teams to remove and clear lands since the nineties, and we have coordination with that institution as a member of the National Committee to benefit from its expertise.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 9:29 pm