Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Allawi: America has ruined Iraq, Iran is its partner, and Biden clings to Al-Maliki (3)

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Allawi: America has ruined Iraq, Iran is its partner, and Biden clings to Al-Maliki (3) Empty Allawi: America has ruined Iraq, Iran is its partner, and Biden clings to Al-Maliki (3)

Post by Rocky Tue 26 Sep 2023, 4:23 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Allawi: America has ruined Iraq, Iran is its partner, and Biden clings to Al-Maliki (3)[/size]

[size=45]The former Iraqi Prime Minister narrated to Asharq Al-Awsat his journey with the Baath, Saddam, and post-occupation Iraq (3) Al-
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Maliki chairing an American-Iranian meeting in Baghdad, May 2007 (Getty)
    London: Ghassan Charbel
    September 25, 2023 AD - Rabi’ al-Awwal 11, 1445 AH
    When America occupied Iraq, the Arabs were astonished and worried and chose to stay away from the Iraqi scene so as not to be accused of supporting the occupation. Iran took advantage of this Arab absence and launched a massive operation to prevent the establishment of a pro-Western Iraqi regime. It facilitated the invasion, but it hastened to destabilize the stability that the Americans were betting on to build what they called the new democratic Iraq. Iran also benefited from dangerous decisions taken by Washington, including the dissolution of the Iraqi army and the de-Baathification, and the illusion of being able to rebuild Iraq from scratch after the dismantling of its state.[/size]
    [size=45]I asked President Jalal Talabani, who was returning from a trip to Tehran, what Iran really wanted from America, and he said that he had concluded that it was ready to negotiate with America from Afghanistan to Lebanon. He also said what clarifies and explains: “Iran does not say that it wants a share, but rather it says that it wants normal relations with America, an end to hostility and the blockade, and the seizure of Iranian funds in America. It confirms that it helped America in Afghanistan, but it was punished by Sinmar. One time, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said to me in this house (Talabani’s headquarters): “Tell your friend, the American ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad - who was then an ambassador in Baghdad - what do the Americans want from us? We supported the liberation of Iraq from Saddam, we supported the Governing Council and the election of the President of the Republic, and we supported this new situation that the Americans established in Iraq. There is nothing the Americans did that we did not support, so tell your friend: What more do they want from us? I conveyed these words to Khalilzad, and he told me: “We want stability and security in Iraq.”[/size]
    [size=45]Talabani added: “We tried to bring Khalilzad and Muttaki together, but we did not succeed.” We had reached an initial agreement from both parties, and then Condoleezza Rice went to Congress and hinted at the meeting, which was supposed to take place in secret, but the Iranians backed down. “What I mean is that Iran wants to solve these problems and establish good relations with America.”[/size]
    [size=45]Talabani was more realistic than Allawi. He realized early that the relationship with Washington was not enough, and it was necessary to pass through Tehran.[/size]
    [size=45]In 2007, Iran sent a very significant message. In Iraq, which is occupied by the forces of the “Great Satan,” President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s plane landed at Baghdad Airport, and Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari was the head of the mission accompanying him. The Americans did not object to Ahmadinejad's visit, but rather welcomed it. The American checkpoints implemented the directives to facilitate the passage of the visitor’s convoy, except for one who intercepted it. It quickly became clear that the American soldiers wanted nothing more than to take a picture, but the Iraqi side asked Ahmadinejad not to get out of his car.
    An American soldier fighting in Fallujah, November 2004 (Getty)
    Ahmadinejad's visit was a message that the American army would leave one day, but Iran, by virtue of geography, would remain near and in Iraq, and this is what happened, especially since Soleimani began to destabilize the Iraqi land under the feet of the American army.[/size]
    [size=45]One day Zebari heard advice worth recording. President Hosni Mubarak received the Iraqi minister, and the conversation touched on the Americans. Zebari was surprised when the Egyptian president said about them: “They have neither religion nor God, and there is no security with them, and they sell their friends easily... like water.” He gave the example of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. Mubarak later drank from an American cup that was more bitter than the one from which Musharraf drank.[/size]
    [size=45]Iyad Allawi was not an American man. Their right to design the new Iraqi fashion to their liking was not recognized. His meetings with a number of American officials were not successful. At the same time, no language of understanding was found with Tehran. He does not accept her terms and she does not accept his approach.[/size]
    [size=45]On March 7, 2010, Iraq witnessed general elections. The “Iraqiya” list, led by Allawi, won 91 seats, while the “State of Law” list, led by Nouri al-Maliki, won 89 seats. According to the applicable interpretation of the constitution, Allawi is supposed to be entrusted with the task of forming the government. Al-Maliki extracted from the Federal Supreme Court another interpretation of the article that talks about the largest bloc, and a severe political crisis erupted that lasted about nine months, and ended in Al-Maliki’s favor. I asked Allawi about the parties that prevented him from forming the government, and I let him tell the story.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Allawi and Al-Maliki in one of their meetings in Baghdad in 2010 (Getty)
    We achieved victory in the elections despite everything we were exposed to. 500 people were subjected to procedures under the pretext of “de-Baathification.” Among these were a number of our candidates. They assassinated nine people. They closed entire regions to prevent our supporters from voting, and yet we were ahead of them by three seats. In fact, I was surprised by what happened. I did not expect the American position and the Iranian position to reach this point. America and Iran prevented me from forming a government. They worked together. During that period, US Vice President Joe Biden visited Baghdad about three times a month. His concern was that I would give up in favor of Al-Maliki. He asked me to assume the presidency of the republic, and I told him that the people elected us to form the government, so how could I become president of the republic without a job or work (the nature of the position is almost protocol). Biden renewed his attempt, and said to me: “If you agree to become president of the republic, I will be your campaign manager.” I told him: “I do not need a campaign. I campaigned for the Iraqi people, and I was elected to be prime minister.” Imagine that Biden said to the Sunni representatives in front of me: “You will not get any ministry,” and they responded to him: “We do not want a ministry. Rather, it is enough for us that Allawi becomes prime minister because he is non-sectarian.” Biden repeated his demand for me to concede to Al-Maliki, and I said to him: “By God, if you do not allow me to become prime minister, terrorism will grow stronger and sectarianism will be inculcated in hearts, as will hatred for the regime and democracy as a whole.”[/size]
    [size=45]Allawi and Al-Maliki in one of their meetings in Baghdad in 2010 (Getty)
    During that period, American-Iranian negotiations were taking place in Muscat. The American delegation was headed by Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor under Obama. The Iranian side conveyed to the American side a threat, stating that Iran will stop negotiations and cause problems in Iraq if Iyad Allawi takes over as prime minister. Ben Rhodes later wrote a book called “The World as It Is.” In it, he told the story of the Iranian threat, and accused Biden of hijacking the electoral process from Allawi and giving it to Al-Maliki under Iranian pressure.[/size]
    [size=45]The truth is that I met Biden about 20 times. I've known him since he was in charge of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. His personality is shaky, and he is a liar and a hypocrite.[/size]
    [size=45]> Do I understand from your words that America has ruined Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]- Yes, America ruined Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]> Did she have partners?[/size]
    [size=45]– Yes, Iran. From the dissolution of the Iraqi army, to the “Popular Mobilization Forces”, armed militias and terrorism, the death of democracy and the spread of political sectarianism.[/size]
    [size=45]> You did not visit Iran publicly. Did you visit it secretly?[/size]
    [size=45]-I have never visited Iran in my entire life.[/size]
    [size=45]> Did Iran facilitate the US invasion of Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]-It made it very easy. She agreed to the establishment of the Governing Council and did not object.
    …………………………………………….
    > Why did Iran stand against you to this extent?[/size]
    [size=45]- Because I do not belong to Islamic political thought. Then my issue with Saddam Hussein, which prompted me to completely distance myself from the Baath, were the major concessions he made in the 1975 agreement with Iran over the Shatt al-Arab. That year, during the negotiations, I met the then Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chadhel Taqah. He told me that Saddam was sending them messages during the negotiations saying: retreat, retreat, retreat, that is, make concessions. This harmed Iraq greatly. The Iranians know my position. Then, when I assumed the prime ministership, Iran was demanding compensation amounting to $120 billion. I told them: What compensation are you talking about? We are asking you for $200 billion because from 1982 to 1988 you refused a ceasefire in the Iraq-Iran war.[/size]
    [size=45]I am Major General Qassem Soleimani.
    After the fall of Saddam Hussein’s regime, a prominent player appeared on the Iraqi scene, namely General Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian “Quds Force.” His role was not limited to draining the American army and American prestige, but it went beyond that to impose his participation in choosing presidents, forming governments, and determining paths, a role that Soleimani played similar to in Lebanon, Syria, and Yemen as well. I asked Allawi about his relationship with Soleimani, and he recalled her points.
    > Why did Iran stand against you to this extent?[/size]
    [size=45]- Because I do not belong to Islamic political thought. Then my issue with Saddam Hussein, which prompted me to completely distance myself from the Baath, were the major concessions he made in the 1975 agreement with Iran over the Shatt al-Arab. That year, during the negotiations, I met the then Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chadhel Taqah. He told me that Saddam was sending them messages during the negotiations saying: retreat, retreat, retreat, that is, make concessions. This harmed Iraq greatly. The Iranians know my position. Then, when I assumed the prime ministership, Iran was demanding compensation amounting to $120 billion. I told them: What compensation are you talking about? We are asking you for $200 billion because from 1982 to 1988 you refused a ceasefire in the Iraq-Iran war.[/size]
    [size=45]I am Major General Qassem Soleimani.
    After the fall of Saddam Hussein’s regime, a prominent player appeared on the Iraqi scene, namely General Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian “Quds Force.” His role was not limited to draining the American army and American prestige, but it went beyond that to impose his participation in choosing presidents, forming governments, and determining paths, a role that Soleimani played similar to in Lebanon, Syria, and Yemen as well. I asked Allawi about his relationship with Soleimani, and he recalled her points.
    …………………………………………………….
    I met General Soleimani in the house of Adel Abdul Mahdi (later Prime Minister). Adel invited me to dinner, but he did not tell me who would be present. I had visitors, so he said: “Bring them with you, for our house is your house.” We went. After half an hour, two men arrived at the place, the first had white hair and the second had black hair. The first one approached me and said: “I am Major General Qassem Soleimani.” During the meeting, Soleimani told me: “We worked against you all the time.” I replied: “And I was against you all the time.” I told him: “Why did you act against us? I included you in the Sharm El-Sheikh meeting in defiance of international will. I opened all fields for you. We stopped the activity of the Mujahideen Khalq and withdrew heavy weapons from them. I sent you the strongest economic delegation, on the basis of improving the position of the Iraqi neighbourhood. Why this position? He replied: “We made a mistake, and I am now in the presence of a senior commander.” I told him: “I am neither a big leader nor a watermelon. “Do not interfere in Iraq’s internal affairs, or things will return to their normal course.”[/size]
    [size=45]A year later, specifically after the elections in 2018, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis (who was killed with Soleimani at Baghdad airport) called me and said to me: “There is a friend who wants to talk to you.” He did not leave me a chance to ask about the friend’s identity, and gave the phone to the man, who turned out to be Soleimani. He said to me: “We want to come to you.” I replied that I was invited to breakfast, and we were in Ramadan. He asked me when I would be back and I said at one o'clock. He said: “We will be there at one-thirty.”[/size]
    [size=45]They came on time. Soleimani, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, and a Hezbollah official in Lebanon named Muhammad Kawtharani. As I recall, four of my friends were present, including MP Kazem Al-Shammari and Akram Zangana. Soleimani said: “Why don’t you invite Shiite (leaders) to breakfast?” I told him: “I am not fasting, so how can I invite them to breakfast?” He replied: “No problem with that.” Invite them and we will help you lead the Shiite movement.”
    ………………………………………………………….I was surprised by his words. I told him the following story. When I wanted to run in the elections, Abdul Aziz al-Hakim, may God have mercy on him, came to me and told me that the Master (meaning Ayatollah al-Sistani) had sent me to you. He asked me: “Why don’t you join us on the Shiite list?” I said: “How?” He replied: “A third for you, a third for us, and a third for the other Shiites.” I told him: “My path is different from your path. What is this?” Shiite, Sunni and Christian? Then the wise man said to me: “This is what the master says, and we will guarantee that you will be prime minister if we cooperate.” I replied: “Who told you that I would accept to be the prime minister of a sectarian government in Iraq?” I do not accept".[/size]
    [size=45]I told the story to Soleimani, and he asked me: “Are you against the Shiites?” I said: “No, I am a Shiite, but I am not committed to the Islamic political thought of the Shiites. I am far from these thoughts. I grew up in a nationalist, nationalist, and Arab party, and I do not have these things.” I said this in the presence of those who participated in the meeting.[/size]
    [size=45]Putin: Why don't you go to Iran?
    I asked Allawi to remember the most important pieces of advice he was given to visit Iran, and I will let him narrate it.[/size]
    [size=45]In the seventh month of 2010, I visited Moscow, but I did not have any official status.
    ……………………………………………..
    President Vladimir Putin invited me to a dinner in the Kremlin, attended only by the translator. Putin asked me why I don't go to Iran, and I replied: Would you, for example, go to Finland to become President of the Republic of Russia? He said: No. I said: Why do you want me to go to Iran to become their follower? I do not want the prime ministership or the presidency. I am a servant of the Iraqi people and the Arab nation and I am honored to do so, and I am not ready to beg Iran or others for a position. He asked me: Do you mind if I send them an advisor of my own? I replied: No, but on the condition that I meet them here, in Egypt, or in Baghdad, but I will not go to Iran.[/size]
    [size=45]Putin told me that you have the right to become prime minister, hinting that the issue faces difficulties. I inquired about him, and he said that Hillary Clinton (US Secretary of State) told him that Allawi has the right to become prime minister, but he will not become.[/size]
    [size=45]He asked her why, and she replied that he would not get enough votes in Parliament. He told her: Let him try, and if he fails, he will assign the President of the Republic to someone else. Iran was firm in refusing me to take the position.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Fighters from the Popular Mobilization Forces prepare to fight ISIS west of Mosul in 2017 (Getty)
    The truth is that Putin is a kind, important, and knowledgeable person. My personal opinion is that Russia's morals are closer to the Arabs than America's. More serious, frank and direct than the Americans.[/size]
    [size=45]In fact, I was stopped by a statement by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. He told me: We were negligent and did not understand that the conflict in the region has a Sunni-Shiite nature in part. We must stand with the Shiites because they represent an important depth, and there are more of them, from Iraq to Syria to Yemen. All or most of these countries are Shiite. I told him that the conflict is not Sunni-Shiite, but rather between a group that believes in the Arab nation and a group that does not believe in it. She assured him that Arabism exists and is not just a slogan.
    Fighters from the Popular Mobilization Forces prepare to fight ISIS west of Mosul in 2017 (Getty)
    The truth is that Putin is a kind, important, and knowledgeable person. My personal opinion is that Russia's morals are closer to the Arabs than America's. More serious, frank and direct than the Americans.
    ……………………………………….
    In fact, I had visited Putin with a delegation in 2004 in my capacity as Prime Minister. The meeting had a bad start. He began his speech in a way that bothered me, using somewhat harsh words about the occupation and legitimacy. I responded with harsher words than his. I told him: We came here at your invitation, and we have two goals for this visit. The first is that we want to file a lawsuit against you regarding your debts to Iraq, because you sold weapons at exorbitant prices to Iraq during its war with Iran. The second is that we want to form a joint committee to end the contracts of your companies or re-negotiate them. You know, Mr. President, that we struggled against Saddam Hussein and were subjected to a lot of persecution. If you think that we entered with the Americans and on their tanks, then you are delusional. The hall was silent and one of the Iraqi ministers passed me a paper saying that we might be expelled from Moscow. But after that quarrel, the meeting turned into a positive meeting, and a relationship developed between me and Putin.[/size]
    [size=45]On September 29, 2010, I, at the head of a delegation from Al-Iraqiya, accepted an invitation to visit Syria. President Dr. Bashar al-Assad took the initiative to say that he would travel to Tehran to speak on the issue of forming the Iraqi government. I was surprised by this strange proposal that the Iraqi government would be formed by Damascus and Tehran, on the one hand, and the American administration, on the other hand. On the Syrian side, the meeting was attended by Foreign Minister Farouk Al-Sharaa, Dr. Buthaina Shaaban, and Major General Muhammad Nassif (Abu Wael), advisor to the President of the Republic.[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Assad said that Al-Sharaa will visit Iran tomorrow and will contact us upon his return.
    Iranians raise pictures of Soleimani during his funeral, January 2020 (Getty).
    He went on to say that it has become clear that Iran is against Allawi and will not allow him to form a government, and that the American administration is compatible with Iran in this matter, so what is the position of “Iraqiya” and what are the alternatives? I explained to the Syrian President that the matter is not related to the person of the Prime Minister, but rather to the approach that he will follow, and that we want to remove Iraq from quotas and political sectarianism and build an Iraq that accommodates all its people and return it to its Arab incubator. Al-Assad asked me: Who do you suggest to occupy this position if not you? I proposed that it be Adel Abdul Mahdi, based on a reform program and the basis of true partnership. The atmosphere was affected when Assad said: And if Iran insists on Al-Maliki and does not accept Adel Abdul Mahdi? I replied: Are you traveling to Iran to negotiate or to listen to Iran’s dictates to Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]After the meeting, Muhammad Nassif invited us to lunch in a restaurant overlooking Damascus. He said: Why don't you travel to Iran? We can make an arrangement for you with them. I said to him: My brother Abu Wael, if you continue to insist on this, I will not attend lunch and I will never visit Syria in the future, so leave this issue.[/size]
    [size=45]The month before I visited Syria, I went to Kuwait to attend a conference. I was informed that Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad is inviting me to meet him. I went and we talked about the elections and the situation in the region and Iraq. Then he surprised me and said: Why don't you go to Iran? I answered him: My brother Abu Nasser, how can I beg from Iran to become prime minister? I am ready to meet them anywhere, in Kuwait, Egypt or Baghdad. He said he would send an envoy to inform them. Indeed, his advisor sent the former ambassador to the United Nations, Muhammad Abu Al-Hassan, carrying a message from him to President Ahmadinejad. Two days later, the envoy returned and visited me at my residence and said that the Iranian authorities welcomed the meeting and preferred it to be in Iran, and if that was difficult, the officials would find the appropriate time to visit Kuwait.
    ………………..
    The truth is that upon assuming the prime ministership in 2004, I expressed a desire to visit Iran as part of a tour of neighboring countries. I asked that during the visit we discuss the outstanding problems in order to build normal relations between two neighbors. They insisted that the visit be protocol because they know my position on the Algiers Agreement, compensation and interventions.[/size]
    [size=45]Bush does not deserve the presidency[/size]
    [size=45]I asked Allawi about his impression of his meeting with President George W. Bush, and he replied: He does not deserve to be president of America. I did not see him steadfast in clarity or ideas. They had no policy after the fall of the regime. Disbanding the army, de-Baathification, and all these random practices. I explained this to British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and asked him to talk to him more about the Iraq issue.[/size]
    [size=45]* Tomorrow is the fourth episode[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:10 am